The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

Exactly. People can't just sit back and be entertained by a great show anymore.

I think it's because the show is so popular that people want to go against the trend because they think they're being "meta". The things Florence is nitpicking make me wonder if he likes any tv show at all.

Much of the show doesn't make sense. When it comes to shooting zombies everyone on the show is as accurate as anyone in the military when it comes to headshots, Yet when they fight with humans everyone is as inaccurate as an extremely drunk hobo. The Governor attacks and stands in the open for a 5-10 minute fireshoot and no one hits him with those machine guns. Kills Hershel and Rick standing all of 10 feet away can barely graze his shoulder.

If you pay attention to detail the show is riddled with unrealistic aspects.

Its a TV show not reality. By that logic, the zombies or walkers are the most unrealistic aspects of the show, since zombies don't exist. Its kind of ridiculous to be paying attention to unrealism aspect of the show when the whole premise of the show is based on unrealism.

I think it's because the show is so popular that people want to go against the trend because they think they're being "meta". The things Florence is nitpicking make me wonder if he likes any tv show at all.

I probably wouldn't want to watch anything with him including movies. Probably one of those annoying people that talks about what was unreal or fake with the show or movie that I was watching.

I am not sure if you are just dicking around with me or if you are being serious...

But I am not talking about the script or predictable plot lines as far as story goes. I am talking about how it is filmed. For a show that many people think is the best on TV it is filmed in a manner that makes the plot very readable. With that being said I did study film and I do work as a video editor full time so maybe it stands out more to me since I spend every day working with video perspective but for a show of this caliber they could easily improve how they visualize many scenarios. Maybe you don't get it but it's like seeing spoilers. If I explained all of episode 9 to you before you saw it would you still think it was as amazing?

That is my biggest peeve with this show. Of all the great loved shows I have almost no trouble predicting most episodes almost a few minutes in because they make it to obvious and stick to the same repeating visual effect rules.

I don't think anyone will be as unbearable as Andrea. I still wish they killed her in season 1 over her more attractive sister.

F***ing Glen and Maggie. $10 on them killing Maggie first

You seem so obsessed with killing the main characters off the show. If you were the director, I bet the show wouldn't even last half a season, it would be long over before season 2. I don't like this character, kill him...I don't like that character kill her, f*** just kill them all already.

Not to pick on anyone cause honestly I am not but really guys if you dislike this show so much what is the point of watching it. Some of us really LOVE it and don't care if its unrealistic or stupid or if some of the characters are annoying, we don't care, you coming on here and spreading hate is kind of silly.

Spread love not hate :lol:

this show's so fake you guys. i've been in many zombie apocalypses. trust me on this

oh really now :rolleyes: Do tell me where all these blood thirsty zombie's are at- I want their autographs, and one more very important question so does this make me like Maggie or god forbid andrea :shock:

You seem so obsessed with killing the main characters off the show. If you were the director, I bet the show wouldn't even last half a season, it would be long over before season 2. I don't like this character, kill him...I don't like that character kill her, f*** just kill them all already.

babka---wat_30950570_orig_.jpeg

In this case being a main character would only be relevant to simply living. For example if Andrea died and her sister lived her sister would be a main character and Andrea never would have been. If Carol got killed she wouldn't be a main character would she? Or if Sophie lived she would be a main character wouldn't she?

The Glen and Maggie comment also wasn't off the wall. If you ever watched this show or read the books you would know that target characters do die. Meaning many of those main characters as you call them will die before the show ends. If you took my post in context or read it literally I am predicting 1 of the 2 will die and the one who goes will be Maggie.

But yeah it mainly just sounds like you didn't read any of what I said in context.

You act like I am insane to think that TWD will kill off characters lol.

oh. luci. we thought we lost you. it's so sweet of you to come back. we missed you antagonizing the thread using the tired "butthurt fanboys" schtick. you and chilis are doing pretty well in this thread. chilis is doing a much better job though.

no one's stopping you guys from wasting your time trying to debunk the show, calling people names or constantly taking the "realism" in to question, or saying you studied film, like anyone cares. it's silly, but amusing, but what would i know? i like to watch WWE. sometimes you have to suspend your disbelief. if you can't do that, then why watch anything at all? it's simple

i can't wait until i'm caught up to everyone else so i can enjoy more of the fun without being spoiled too much. i'm half way through season 3. i trust you guys won't spoil it for me 5x5vo9.jpg

What is it about this show that attracts like most butthurt fanboys like a magnet? Some things are less perfect than others, some seasons are better than others, some shows are better than others. Go to the True Detective thread, there's plenty of discussion there about the show but no one accuses the other of "Hey, how about you just STOP watching it? YOUR OPINION IS WRONG. Stop the hate".

I am pretty obsessed with Game of Thrones myself but I don't shut down criticism I don't agree with because it hurts my delicate sensibilities. I don't think it's a perfect show either, I love it but I tear it apart to shreds sometimes.

Grow up, this show is not your mom. It's a show.

GOT is so unrealistic.

If I remember correctly, I was the one who was called names, and Chillis is the one being called names right now.

Critical thinking isn't a waste of time, it's something I'd highly recommend for a lot of people in this thread.

critical thinking =/= nitpicking or constant bashing just for the sake of it. we get it already, you guys don't enjoy it; we do. time to move on.

What's wrong with that? Zombie shows/movies/games come in all different forms. A movie like Zombieland was meant to be comical and realism was not needed. Where as a show like TWD is also a drama and pushes serious story lines. Good drama's foundation lies within a believable or logical scenario or event.

IMO TWD is a hit and miss show. I loved season 1. Hated season 2 and stopped watching for a while before a friend told me it gets better after the farm story line. Loved season 3. And season 4 has been a mix.

As far as the shooting zombies to humans story goes the show clearly doesn't hold that theory the way they film it is purely for drama/entertainment purposes. They try to make the zombie fights larger and faster paced with more action. Where as they draw out the human fights trying to be more suspenseful. Main characters get imaginary shields and the extra's take the fire. If it helps debunk that theory of the psychological effect remember in the mid season finale when that small girl who had just started to learn how to fire a gun ran out and shot that invading woman in the dead center of her head in 1 shot?

KIDS.gif

All I am saying is the show has specific trends and habits that it follows and if you notice them the show becomes predictable in certain sequences.

It would probably take me about a week to teach my 7 year old how to stand still and aim to hit a target.

Have you ever fired a gun or had any gun training? I have to think no if that was your argument. Hitting a still target while getting a chance to stand still yourself and aim is not difficult in the slightest.

I'm curious what do you watch that you think is a "realistic" depiction of it's subject matter?

Archived