The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

I enjoyed it, to me it was better than the Rick/Carl episode. Don't know why you are all up in arms over Beth's character but I find she is a good actor playing a teen quite well. Alot of time I was wondering are they going to kill her off this episode, thankfully for me they didn't. Consider this the calm before the storm as next week's episode is going to be killer.

They could have made the moonshine drinking more realistic...... her first ever drink and she doesn't even make a sour face..... man I've drank moon before, that stuff goes down like gasoline, drinking that straight I'd make the sour puss face.

No kidding. That was the most unrealistic scene ever. A 110 pound girl whose never drank before would be utterly sloshed after two drinks. Give me a break.

A full eppy of Daryl made up for the annoyance of Beth though I hope they kill her soon she's so annoying and yeah the actress isn't very good! I looked at the eppy more as them using beth as a way to show daryl's character develop more! I will be super mad if they hook them up she's way to annoying for him and TWD set up 4 seasons of development with him and carol for that to happen! Besides daryl doesn't come across as that type

I thought Beth and Daryl were awesome together...

I thought they both did a great job.

Yup totally agree. It's not thier fault the writers decided to dedicate a entire episode to them(they didn't even do it with Rick and Carl) but they pulled it off. And how can people find Beth more annoying then Carl escapes me but she said it best: She's not a Michonne or Maggie but she's still here so deal with it. I mean they made Michonne a wicked sword slashing character, and turned Maggie into a scaled down Lara Croft so how can you compare the acting of someone who's only role was to babysit and sing(beautifully)to those two. I also fail to see why she is considered such a bad actor. Rewatch the scene when Rick finds out about Lori's death if you want to see bad acting.

Last week episode was boring and uneventful. What did we find out? The one guy is a scientist and the 3 were heading to washington. That's 46min of airtime for that? Now that was boring. Atleast this we found out about Darryl, and Reedus said it himself that Darryl would of killed himself if he didn't have Beth around so think about that and stop hating on my Beth! Haha

i thought yesterday's episode was awesome. daryl got pretty intense and i like how they're trying to make beth like more of a big deal. always thought of her as some background character before everyone else, because other than that one scene at the farm, and the singing bits, she never really got some strong air time for me to care about her

Wow. Just wow that was the worst episode I have seen in this show. Even Daryl the most tolerable character on the show spun his wheels in this.

But I won't even get into why. I simply got so bored I kept checking to see how much time was left in it and when nothing happened I gave up on this show. Though the show has some differences I looked up and read all the comic spoilers to date. No reason to watch it anymore I am done watching the episodes beyond the future death scenes on youtube.

I wash my hands of this show. Hershel was the lucky one.

Wow. Just wow that was the worst episode I have seen in this show. Even Daryl the most tolerable character on the show spun his wheels in this.

But I won't even get into why. I simply got so bored I kept checking to see how much time was left in it and when nothing happened I gave up on this show. Though the show has some differences I looked up and read all the comic spoilers to date. No reason to watch it anymore I am done watching the episodes beyond the future death scenes on youtube.

I wash my hands of this show. Hershel was the lucky one.

Good riddance I suppose. - You seem to only want action and Zombie killing.

If you only read comic spoilers, you robbed yourself of some excellent reading and a great show - you're in the extreme minority with regards to disliking this show .

I just picked up both of the compendiums; just finished the first one and just met Abraham.

Suffice it to say; There is enough difference between the comic and the show to make both very interesting and enjoyable.

Good riddance I suppose. - You seem to only want action and Zombie killing.

If you only read comic spoilers, you robbed yourself of some excellent reading and a great show - you're in the extreme minority with regards to disliking this show .

I just picked up both of the compendiums; just finished the first one and just met Abraham.

Suffice it to say; There is enough difference between the comic and the show to make both very interesting and enjoyable.

Hardly, I don't for simple action scenes. I want an original story. Not recycled crap. Something that blows my mind and makes me think. Not drama that is as bland as the real world.

I stand by my remarks on the show I have no regrets. After I read many of the comic spoilers which had many large differences it only made me hate the show even more. It's ridiculous how cliche the show is.

Hey I'm Daryl, I am the bad boy who doesn't care but secretly has a soft side.

Hey I'm Beth. I am the innocent good girl who secretly wants to be bad. Now I am going to do something bad in an extra cheesy manner. I want to get drunk. But Daryl is still shunning me so I am going to cry awaking his inner goodness which they already established with Carol and he will open up and bond.

Oh no to much bonding Daryl must redeem his bad boy image by getting hysterical in a crazy manner. Then both get emotional and find a middle ground and walk off into the sunset doing another cheesy pointless badboy thing together.

If that is great writing then I envy what holds your attention because I feel I have seen that 20 times already.

I may still pick up the comic and read the new releases (and by pick up I mean read online for free) since it is not finished yet because that story seems interesting but as far as the show goes. Utterly done. I don't care how many people watch it (people watched Glee and I hated that show too). Maybe if I am hanging out and someone puts it on I will not care for the social purposes but as far as personal entertainment goes that episode killed it. The show became a task and a chore to get through.

I actually have the 1st 3 volumes of the comic but was reading other things. The fact that I ignored them and went for the spoilers was my mind being so bored with the show that I thought the comic would be equally as bad. But if we are on the same page with anything I will give you this I like the development of the comic it looks entertaining from what I spoiled.

Hardly, I don't for simple action scenes. I want an original story. Not recycled crap. Something that blows my mind and makes me think. Not drama that is as bland as the real world.

I stand by my remarks on the show I have no regrets. After I read many of the comic spoilers which had many large differences it only made me hate the show even more. It's ridiculous how cliche the show is.

Hey I'm Daryl, I am the bad boy who doesn't care but secretly has a soft side.

Hey I'm Beth. I am the innocent good girl who secretly wants to be bad. Now I am going to do something bad in an extra cheesy manner. I want to get drunk. But Daryl is still shunning me so I am going to cry awaking his inner goodness which they already established with Carol and he will open up and bond.

Oh no to much bonding Daryl must redeem his bad boy image by getting hysterical in a crazy manner. Then both get emotional and find a middle ground and walk off into the sunset doing another cheesy pointless badboy thing together.

If that is great writing then I envy what holds your attention because I feel I have seen that 20 times already.

I may still pick up the comic and read the new releases (and by pick up I mean read online for free) since it is not finished yet because that story seems interesting but as far as the show goes. Utterly done. I don't care how many people watch it (people watched Glee and I hated that show too). Maybe if I am hanging out and someone puts it on I will not care for the social purposes but as far as personal entertainment goes that episode killed it. The show became a task and a chore to get through.

I actually have the 1st 3 volumes of the comic but was reading other things. The fact that I ignored them and went for the spoilers was my mind being so bored with the show that I thought the comic would be equally as bad. But if we are on the same page with anything I will give you this I like the development of the comic it looks entertaining from what I spoiled.

I'll be honest with you, I'm enjoying the comic more than I've enjoyed the show. The Dixon' Bros were created for the show and they are not in the comic. The comic is better without Daryl. Other characters shine through - and I find myself wondering if it was a race thing. Tyreese and Michonne were handled much better in the comics(although much more brutally too) as well.

The BIGGEST difference is Andrea, she's actually an attractive, powerful badass in the comics. Instead of the annoying whiny bitch with all grew to loathe on the show :X

Alot of the things from the comics are still in the show - but they are placed differently.

Merle losing his hand is different from the comics for example, Rick losing his mind was placed after the prison, etc.

The Governor is FAR more of an evil-hatable guy in the comics.

I understand why you dislike the show, I do get it, but, I'm a little biased *stares at sig*

I'll be honest with you, I'm enjoying the comic more than I've enjoyed the show. The Dixon' Bros were created for the show and they are not in the comic. The comic is better without Daryl. Other characters shine through - and I find myself wondering if it was a race thing. Tyreese and Michonne were handled much better in the comics(although much more brutally too) as well.

The BIGGEST difference is Andrea, she's actually an attractive, powerful badass in the comics. Instead of the annoying whiny bitch with all grew to loathe on the show :X

Alot of the things from the comics are still in the show - but they are placed differently.

Merle losing his hand is different from the comics for example, Rick losing his mind was placed after the prison, etc.

The Governor is FAR more of an evil-hatable guy in the comics.

I understand why you dislike the show, I do get it, but, I'm a little biased *stares at sig*

he doesnt like the show yet he keeps watching it just to b!tch.

Here are te Facts:

one of the highest rated and most watched shows on telivision.Fact is, critics who are paid to review shows like the walking dead. i can understand people not liking the show because blood and gore is not their thing but otherwise it just seems like a cry for attention to me.

"Hey look at me I'm special cause I don't like a show that most people like!"

Here are te Facts:

one of the highest rated and most watched shows on telivision.Fact is, critics who are paid to review shows like the walking dead. i can understand people not liking the show because blood and gore is not their thing but otherwise it just seems like a cry for attention to me.

Boomer; with regards to anybody that doesn't like the show, I find this picture applies strongly;

you_either_love_the_walking_dead_or_youre_wrong_2013-08-22.jpg

Better to let them live in their delusional hipster world than actually try and convince them that they're DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP

Here are te Facts:

One of my favorite tv shows but that last episode was freaking terrible and everyone in this thread knows it. Horrible acting by Beth and just pathetic writing overall. Hopefully they step it up the next couple of episodes.

One of my favorite tv shows but that last episode was freaking terrible and everyone in this thread knows it. Horrible acting by Beth and just pathetic writing overall. Hopefully they step it up the next couple of episodes.

I get the feeling they are setting the stage for a huge cliff hanger season ending. That's not something they've done in the past but it's time to shake things up a bit.

Archived