The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

Well I pretty much nailed my prediction lol. Pretty good episode, don't know what's going to happen next. It's been a while since I've felt that in Walking Dead. I like what they're doing with Bob, but I feel like it's only to kill him off soon. The best thing about this episode is that I felt like the walkers were dangerous again! No more scripted salsa dancing, these ones had a decent amount of power.

Interested to see if Carol, Tyreese and the kids can hold up a whole episode themselves

what happened?

great episode by the way.. I wonder who took Beth? and I loved the Maggie storyline.

It's like a shot in a kitchen and it's kind of hard to make out but through the window you see a kid (who I think is Lizzie) playing what looks to be tag with some creepy looking walker who looks like the Ring girl. On top of that there's this eerie background music. It's a weird scene, but definitely gave me chills for somereason

Wow, Daryl is a master escape artist eh! That was nice. And somehow he manages to retrieve all his arrows after he shoots them lol.

Looks like this new group of his would be a natural fit. But just like he has changed a lot. Same as how he chose the prison group over Merle, he may want to do the same here

I'm pretty sure the new group is the group that Rick almost got into deep crap with back at the house. They are not good people.

Well I pretty much nailed my prediction lol. Pretty good episode, don't know what's going to happen next. It's been a while since I've felt that in Walking Dead. I like what they're doing with Bob, but I feel like it's only to kill him off soon. The best thing about this episode is that I felt like the walkers were dangerous again! No more scripted salsa dancing, these ones had a decent amount of power.

Interested to see if Carol, Tyreese and the kids can hold up a whole episode themselves

Great episode with good pace, different settings, different characters and lots of action. They must do this every episode.

I'm pretty sure the new group is the group that Rick almost got into deep crap with back at the house. They are not good people.

It is the same group. That same actor, the lead guy who Darryl was pointing the crossbow at was the guy who walked onto the balcony as Rick escaped that house. I knew those guys weren't going to be done in the series since one of them is a recognizable actor.

they were brought up because glyffy is one of those "so random nerds" who dresses up like anime characters in her free time. my limited cultural understanding of those people (using "people" loosely) is that they are traditionally interested in things like fan fiction

i have absolutely no idea if fanfic is a traditionally feminine OR masculine thing, i associate it with being a "nerd thing." so my comment certainly wasn't out of "machismo posturing"

and i also did not challenge or attempt to depreciate gliffy's opinion on anything related to TWD. I do not take her seriously as a human being, let alone a critic on anything. so why would i care what she does or doesn't like?

i simply poked a bit of fun at her saying "I READ alot of books," which has a funny grammar error and an odd stylistic choice (as pointed out earlier by Hodor). from that i made the perhaps unfair assumption that she isn't reading anything with any substance

for the record: TWD is probably the least masculine show on TV, so, i don't think Gilly is subverting any gender norms by watching it. i get the impression she just has those lines permanently copied to her clipboard so she can paste them into any discussion she has about anything ever.

Did Sharpshooter hack glassjaws account?

Pretty funny since Daryl was made up for the show, and wasn't in the comics.

. Yeah it's interesting how a character created for the TV show became a fan favorite. Perhaps it's because they can do more with his character and develop it in ways that they can't with the already established characters. I doubt he dies but as a fan it does make me a bit nervous that he is with that particular group. I can't help but wonder about those guys he is now with! They are obviously bad. I wonder If they are if they are just there to show daryl what he would have become if he hadn't been with rick's group? I don't think we have seen the last of beth. The best part of the eppy last night was when glen saw the sign and I knew then he'd find Maggie again :)

Beths taking a lot of heat lately. Why is that?

I don't find her that bad at all.

I have no clue, she's like my 3rd favorite character behind Darryl and Michonne so I have been loving the Beth/Darryl scenes as of late. I guess this sets up Darryl for a rescue mission, maybe he already knows these guys most likely have her and he is just being coy before he fires a crossbow between the eyes.

The comics are just a guideline on the whole. Major events have been edited for tv and characters have been changed/added/deleted. So I wouldn't entirely go by them for series spoilers. That being said, keep all spoilers tagged.

I get the group is split up and everything, but they need to get back together or find a way to pick up the pace. Scene upon scene upon scene of a few characters sitting around is fairly boring. Maybe they think they're the Game of Thrones and every branch of characters is worthy of it's own plotline. Problem with that: Game of Thrones is epic. The Walking Dead is not. So wrap it up.

Anyway, it's good that they're indroducing more rednecks. That always leads to more action than ho-hum zombie killings. Although Darryl's escape scene was pretty good, as implausible as the idiot not noticing a whole swarm of zombies just outside the door was.

The comics are just a guideline on the whole. Major events have been edited for tv and characters have been changed/added/deleted. So I wouldn't entirely go by them for series spoilers. That being said, keep all spoilers tagged.

I get the group is split up and everything, but they need to get back together or find a way to pick up the pace. Scene upon scene upon scene of a few characters sitting around is fairly boring. Maybe they think they're the Game of Thrones and every branch of characters is worthy of it's own plotline. Problem with that: Game of Thrones is epic. The Walking Dead is not. So wrap it up.

Anyway, it's good that they're indroducing more rednecks. That always leads to more action than ho-hum zombie killings. Although Darryl's escape scene was pretty good, as implausible as the idiot not noticing a whole swarm of zombies just outside the door was.

. I haven't read the comics yet just heard spoilers of what happens, I realize they are different! I was mainly wondering if having watched the show if the 'Rise of the Govenor' book will make actual sense! Personally I don't have issues with what they are doing now with splitting up the characters it's interesting to guess how they will all get back together! I like both GOT and TWD and fail to see any interlap with either show I also fail to see why it always has to be a contest between the two shows can't we just like both?

Archived