The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

Are you serious? I swear, you're watching an entirely different show. Remind me of the interactions they had the last two episodes and explain to me how that is the same Daryl we've known since season one?

yes I am serious two eppys of him saving her wimpy annoying ass is not slowly building things up! 3.5 seasons of him and carol was building up! Let's face it if the actress who plays beth wasn't 'hotter' then the actress who plays carol he would already be with carol! The walking dead dropped the ball with this! Someone else even pointed it out carol isn't eye candy, and so they throw away 3 seasons of build up and force daryl/beth on us. Not to mention daryl's prob late 30's mid 40's and beth is 18 that's really icky.

Who?

And even if it is true it's not like gay guys have never been with women.

I have not.

As far as Daryl goes I was never expecting him to bang every woman. But I find it out that the bad boy who barely can control himself has the control of extreme levels when it comes to a woman throwing herself at him. Being gay has no relevance to sleeping around every chance you get.

I am mainly just saying its odd that a mystery bad boy character who is the most popular character on the show went 4 seasons with no romance or even effort to have one. Not to mention the actor has no issue kissing men.

Even if he isn't I see no proof to say he isn't gay at this point.

i have seen no proof to say he is...

Guest Gumballthechewy

Not to mention daryl's prob late 30's mid 40's and beth is 18 that's really icky.

It's the zombie apocalypse, gotta repopulate....

Gilly, noone would want carol, not even her dead husband.

then what was the point of the huge build up with them? Did you guys forget how upset he was when he thought she was dead, how he carried her back to the group when he found her alive in the prison tombs! Sorry but looks aren't everything they had a real bond which the writers seem to have forgotten about! So my guess he will end up with Beth and it will be forced and just ick! Regarding their age difference I would have no issues with it if Beth didn't act like a naive teenager! Daryl is to mature for her, if he was immature then yeah okay, a lot of relationships with big age differences work but it depends on the two people's maturity level and beth acts like she's 16 and Daryl is a man! I like to think of them as having a platonic bond, that makes it way more sweeter. She's like can be a younger sister he protects! Its probably all a moot point anyways because I am pretty sure psycho lizzie is going get carol killed next eppy.

then what was the point of the huge build up with them? Did you guys forget how upset he was when he thought she was dead, how he carried her back to the group when he found her alive in the prison tombs! Sorry but looks aren't everything they had a real bond which the writers seem to have forgotten about! So my guess he will end up with Beth and it will be forced and just ick! Regarding their age difference I would have no issues with it if Beth didn't act like a naive teenager! Daryl is to mature for her, if he was immature then yeah okay, a lot of relationships with big age differences work but it depends on the two people's maturity level and beth acts like she's 16 and Daryl is a man! I like to think of them as having a platonic bond, that makes it way more sweeter. She's like can be a younger sister he protects! Its probably all a moot point anyways because I am pretty sure psycho lizzie is going get carol killed next eppy.

she was his friend, nothing more. whatever "romantic" bond you think was there, was just fan speculation.

i have seen no proof to say he is...

That is basically what I originally said. I never said he was gay it was a bold prediction based on the show never establishing his sexuality.

You and another or two came out directly and said he is not gay which to me sounded like you were saying it as if it was an established fact. Hence why I kept asking each of you to give me a direct example of why he is straight other than saying he just seems it.

But yes it was just an out of the box speculation by me which will remain until they prove otherwise.

For all I know the show could have Daryl hook up with Beth and Carol finds out (who appeared to have feelings for Daryl as well as freaked out when Axel hit on Beth because of his age) and she could go on another one of her homicidal flamethrower rampages.

Or you know Daryl is gay and keeps to himself with a tough act because he had to hide it growing up with his abusive father and psychotic prejudice brother :bigblush:

she was his friend, nothing more. whatever "romantic" bond you think was there, was just fan speculation.

and couldn't you say the same thing about beth and daryl? Its all fan speculation! Norman even posted on his facebook that beth and daryl would be going on a journey together but it won't be romantic or something like that! I will try to find the post later tonight when I am not slacking off at work lol

Daryl being gay could be a distinct possibility. Let's just put it this way: Beth is cute and it's been awhile since anyone got any action. Anyone else would have...by now.

TWD is subtle though. They don't make statements about political issues in obvious ways like other shows do. When they introduced the lesbian couple, they just kinda did it. It wasn't made into a big deal that they were gay. Just the way it should be.

We may never know about Daryl though. At least not until they have a roof over their heads. They have more pressing concerns right now that who they're hooking up with

for daryl to be gay they would have at least hinted at it by now. him not having sex with anyone is not even close to being "proof". and it would be too big of a topic for them that would become a bigger story than the show itself (even though it shouldn't).

yes I am serious two eppys of him saving her wimpy annoying ass is not slowly building things up! 3.5 seasons of him and carol was building up! Let's face it if the actress who plays beth wasn't 'hotter' then the actress who plays carol he would already be with carol! The walking dead dropped the ball with this! Someone else even pointed it out carol isn't eye candy, and so they throw away 3 seasons of build up and force daryl/beth on us. Not to mention daryl's prob late 30's mid 40's and beth is 18 that's really icky.

That's what they're doing, though. There has never been entire episodes devoted to Daryl and Carol, and the two have never spent that much alone time together.

Daryl is a changed man. He's listening to Beth's music, teaching her how to shoot his own crossbow, giving her piggyback rides everywhere, drinking together... and now he's a lost man because he lost her. The fans are getting their way.

That's what they're doing, though. There has never been entire episodes devoted to Daryl and Carol, and the two have never spent that much alone time together.

Daryl is a changed man. He's listening to Beth's music, teaching her how to shoot his own crossbow, giving her piggyback rides everywhere, drinking together... and now he's a lost man because he lost her. The fans are getting their way.

They may not have had full eppys devoted to daryl/carol but they feel more organic/natural. The only reason we are even having this discussion is because a select part of the fandom is shallow and want him with cause she is a 'hottie'. Its kind of lame that the show is giving into this and undoing the three years of previous build up they had done. Unless they slowly build Beth and Daryl up it will feels forced to me. Two eppys of their growing friendship does not equal romance not yet anyways! If they really want them together then they should slowly build them which I agree they probably hinting at. I imagine daryl some how saves Beth and she falls into his arms and then he reveals how saving her saved himself. Just gross.

for daryl to be gay they would have at least hinted at it by now. him not having sex with anyone is not even close to being "proof". and it would be too big of a topic for them that would become a bigger story than the show itself (even though it shouldn't).

Again... no one said there was any "proof" that he was gay. I am the only one who really pushed that he might be and it was just a theory which was not based solely on him not having sex but his romantic life being completely avoided. Beyond sex itself he has not kissed anyone, flirted, or ever spoken of any past relationships outside of his brother and father.

Beth is now the 4th chance to establish his sexuality in the show by at least showing the most basic of human desires.

Again not a single person in this entire thread said he was gay. But unless you believe a character on a TV show can't be gay because of social stigma (a valid debate) or that all mainstream characters are straight until proven gay then no one can say otherwise.

I mean why do they have to hint that he is gay? They haven't hinted that he is straight and the show is so far off script from the comic not to mention Daryl doesn't exist in the comic that it doesn't have to be hinted early on. Many shows are written season by season.

For example Daryl is only a main character now because of his popularity. He originally was not written in as a main character.

The actress who plays Beth is 28.

Beth's character is 18.

The actor who plays Daryl is 45.

Daryl's character is around the same age.

It's not that Daryl is gay. It's that AMC doesn't what to turn the series into some creepy, cradle-rocking bs. Even though the actress who plays Beth looks mature enough for a thumbs-up in this scenario, the reality is Daryl would be quite the dirtbag.

Anyway, wow, I kinda half-expected them to do it anyway, as creepy as it was, but the freakin' guy could be her dad.

I think AMC is just desperate to breath life into these expired characters. I can't wait for them all to be wiped out. Tired of the soap opera bs.

Archived