The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

17 hours ago, hockeyville88 said:

What the hell happened to this show!? I lost interest and haven't watched in 2 seasons but was watching randomly the other day. It was a scene with Maggie, Sasha and Jesus (??) getting attacked and they had this random classical music in the background. Totally didn't fit the show 

I'm pretty sure that music was playing in the yard at Hilltop as walker bait. I don't believe it was "part of the soundtrack" per se.

Did Carl  hit anyone with a single bullet? I know it takes awhile to get used to sighting with one eye, but that was a lot of bullets in a small area. Also if you go all that way to shoot someone and you see them up and close......Well to quote Tuco " If you are going to shoot shoot, don't talk".

I'm also hoping that some of the supplies/powder/ ammo cans did not make it back to Alexandria. Eugene could probably figure out how to make a few high power bombs.

32 minutes ago, gurn said:

Did Carl  hit anyone with a single bullet? I know it takes awhile to get used to sighting with one eye, but that was a lot of bullets in a small area. Also if you go all that way to shoot someone and you see them up and close......Well to quote Tuco " If you are going to shoot shoot, don't talk".

I'm also hoping that some of the supplies/powder/ ammo cans did not make it back to Alexandria. Eugene could probably figure out how to make a few high power bombs.

A couple of times, Neegan said he killed 2 of his men. Honestly though, I'm not sure how Neegan gets out of that alive

8 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Rant....

Hide contents

I know they want to give more backstory to Negan, but the whole set up last episode was stupid.

I mean... Carl is there on a suicide mission... yet doesn't decide to shoot Negan when he has the chance?  Why?  Because wanting to talk is suddenly a very compelling argument?  I know he's "still a kid" but geez... his human kill count is already at least double-digits, throw in walkers and he is a mass serial killer, lol.

It's good that they are trying to show that Negan is more than just some big bad boss they got to overcome (unlike the Governor), but maybe that should have been done more than Daryl, since he has more sway over the people of Alexandria than Rick's boy.

Now I'm thinking that Negan will somehow use Carl to exert internal influence over Alexandria more.  He already has control over Carl mentally.... showing how he's not really a bad guy by feeding his people, being very strict and just with his laws, and forcing Carl to submit (start with one agreement, like singing, and the move on to something bigger).  

Yeah. Why didn't Carl just shoot?

This show is slow. The Negan scenes are too long. They rely on the charisma of this bad ass to carry the show. You can only rely on short term thrills and gimmicks for so long before people realize that the show has essentially abandoned telling a story.

Having said all that, the drama with the blonde wife is reasonably compelling. This episode was better than the last one with Tara.

18 hours ago, Canorth said:
18 hours ago, Canorth said:

A couple of times, Neegan said he killed 2 of his men. Honestly though, I'm not sure how Neegan gets out of that alive

My bad- that was probably when I was fast forwarding, which I have been doing a bit this season. Makes it worse in a way, 2 of Negan's guys dead and Carl doesn't get at least an iron on the side of his face?

36 minutes ago, gurn said:

My bad- that was probably when I was fast forwarding, which I have been doing a bit this season. Makes it worse in a way, 2 of Negan's guys dead and Carl doesn't get at least an iron on the side of his face?

Spoiler

Carl is going to be Negans power leverage..he will get into Carls head and use it against Rick...wait till Rick comes back and sees Negan sitting on his porch with Carl and holding Judith..might be what we need to get Rick back on track...far to much grovelling for me.

20 hours ago, gurn said:

He did kill 2 people.

That scene could have been pulled off a lot better though. I'm not sure why they didn't just make Carl run out of bullets. You can easily empty a clip from an automatic weapon like that in about 3 seconds. They could have done it like this: Carl gets nervous as the first saviour approaches him. He fires off a bunch of bullets then runs out and fires of a bunch more, but pretty wildly. He then gets tackled when he runs out. 

Would have made more sense. Instead they just went with the Negan voodoo aspect.

I think Carol and Morgan will re-join Rick's group by the middle of the next  episode.

Spoiler

Too bad Eugene was taken by Negan, the group could really use a bullet maker. Plus Eugene might have to tell Negan where he made that one cartridge.

Do kinda feel bad for the guy Daryl killed.  He didn't even want to shoot Daryl even though he was packing.  He just told Daryl to leave, he put up no resistance, yet he got his head caved in.  It just goes to show that while a lot of Negan's guys are a-holes and bully/assaulting/killing people because they are in the position of power.... chances are the vast majority of them are just doing what they can do get by.

It's finally good to see Rick and co finally getting their act together.  It's just so weird watching them constantly eat dirt, even when Aaron was getting pounded.... without guns, Rick could have wasted all those punks single-handed.  

To put things into perspective.... most of Negan's forces haven't even done/experienced a fraction of what Rick's group did.  For intent and purpose, Negan's forces are like cadets and conscripts... whereas Rick's side are like the equivalent of the elite Special Forces.  

On 12/13/2016 at 8:12 PM, Lancaster said:

Reveal hidden contents

Do kinda feel bad for the guy Daryl killed.  He didn't even want to shoot Daryl even though he was packing.  He just told Daryl to leave, he put up no resistance, yet he got his head caved in.  It just goes to show that while a lot of Negan's guys are a-holes and bully/assaulting/killing people because they are in the position of power.... chances are the vast majority of them are just doing what they can do get by.

It's finally good to see Rick and co finally getting their act together.  It's just so weird watching them constantly eat dirt, even when Aaron was getting pounded.... without guns, Rick could have wasted all those punks single-handed.  

To put things into perspective.... most of Negan's forces haven't even done/experienced a fraction of what Rick's group did.  For intent and purpose, Negan's forces are like cadets and conscripts... whereas Rick's side are like the equivalent of the elite Special Forces.  

We don't know that.  Negan's group is much bigger so I'm sure there are some that are up there with Rick's group while others that are like cadets.  

I don't think Rick is the best fighter, if not for Michonne he would have been killed by the Governor.  

1 hour ago, Darth Kane said:

We don't know that.  Negan's group is much bigger so I'm sure there are some that are up there with Rick's group while others that are like cadets.  

I don't think Rick is the best fighter, if not for Michonne he would have been killed by the Governor.  

Chances are Negan's group consolidated quickly early on, thus the constant fighting and scraping to survive like Rick's group probably wasn't done.  

Not saying Negan's forces are defenseless, I mean, they clearly have the numerical advantage, but man-to-man, Rick's group are vastly superior.  Even Negan knew how strong they can be, thus he immediately disarmed them.  Hilltop still had some weapons and the Kingdom does as well.  Even that Amazon group had a bunch of automatic weapons.  Seizing all firearms (including small caliber) of Alexandria wasn't by accident or by greed.

38 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Chances are Negan's group consolidated quickly early on, thus the constant fighting and scraping to survive like Rick's group probably wasn't done.  

Not saying Negan's forces are defenseless, I mean, they clearly have the numerical advantage, but man-to-man, Rick's group are vastly superior.  Even Negan knew how strong they can be, thus he immediately disarmed them.  Hilltop still had some weapons and the Kingdom does as well.  Even that Amazon group had a bunch of automatic weapons.  Seizing all firearms (including small caliber) of Alexandria wasn't by accident or by greed.

Also looks like Negan used his bravado to recruit outcasts. A lot of his henchman seem to be quite scared of him. I think he is more of a strength in numbers guy. 

I think if it comes down to war, I can see a few of Negan's men being traders, He hasn't exactly made a lot of 'friends' with his iron fist type rule, especially the guys he may have pissed off by taking his wife. I think if there is a hint of an uprising there might be some dissension in Negan's ranks, Just my take on it.

I really like how they have made Negan a super villain, You watch the episodes and hope for a slow painful death.

A lot of flak from the viewers on this season so far, but I actually like what they have done, really setting the stage.

On 16/12/2016 at 5:43 PM, diesel_3 said:

Also looks like Negan used his bravado to recruit outcasts. A lot of his henchman seem to be quite scared of him. I think he is more of a strength in numbers guy. 

I think if it comes down to war, I can see a few of Negan's men being traders, He hasn't exactly made a lot of 'friends' with his iron fist type rule, especially the guys he may have pissed off by taking his wife. I think if there is a hint of an uprising there might be some dissension in Negan's ranks, Just my take on it.

I really like how they have made Negan a super villain, You watch the episodes and hope for a slow painful death.

A lot of flak from the viewers on this season so far, but I actually like what they have done, really setting the stage.

Yeah, I think burnyface is going to be leading that.

Negan grew on me a bit last episode, I haven't dug him that much so far but that pool table scene and dialogue was great.

Archived