The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

I think the Lori death scene was really important in saving Carl from who he could become. She wasn't just saving the newborn baby. It was about salvaging Carl too.

If anyone is going to be permanently messed up because of this apocalypse it is Carl. He has had essentially no normal childhood, thought his dad was dead, saw his only young friend turn into a walker, got shot, had to shoot his surrogate father, and now had to shoot his mother. He has seen his dad do such horrible things and he knows his mom isn't morally perfect either. All that has got to mess with him and it might have been a justification for him to turn into a bad human being too.

But that speech Lori gives him lets him know that he is the son of two good people and that he is capable of being good even in a world that is not. It was important for Carl to have that sense of goodness in him going forward.

awww man what a horribly sad episode

Lori was annoying but she was Carl's mom and he has already been through so much. I didn't really care about her character but I wanted her to survive just for Carl. And it really sucked that he had to be the one to put her down. Poor kid is gonna be so messed up. Rick's reaction was so sad. Andrew Lincoln is a pretty good actor.

And RIP to T-Dog as well. Never said much but he was a good guy.

By far his best acting of the series so far. I was balling like baby.

I think the Lori death scene was really important in saving Carl from who he could become. She wasn't just saving the newborn baby. It was about salvaging Carl too.

If anyone is going to be permanently messed up because of this apocalypse it is Carl. He has had essentially no normal childhood, thought his dad was dead, saw his only young friend turn into a walker, got shot, had to shoot his surrogate father, and now had to shoot his mother. He has seen his dad do such horrible things and he knows his mom isn't morally perfect either. All that has got to mess with him and it might have been a justification for him to turn into a bad human being too.

But that speech Lori gives him lets him know that he is the son of two good people and that he is capable of being good even in a world that is not. It was important for Carl to have that sense of goodness in him going forward.

Good analysis.

Come to think of it, I think most of the characters are annoying, but I was way more sad when Dale died compared to T-Dog.

I am ok with Lori being killed off. Like most of you said previously, she was a pretty annoying character. I found it SO eerie when Carl (after shooting his mom, walked straight out of the room without even looking at maggie. I bet he becomes one crazy kid. I wish Rick would stop being a douche to everyone they encounter. I understand it would be hard to trust people, but they are losing members very quickly. They need to get help. I also wish there would be an episode explaining how the apocolyspe started, how each character ended up where they were introduced. I also want to know if there is a part of the US that is protected and safe (ie. the west coast?).

LOL, did anyone else notice the blooper where everyone enters and exits the same door to the prison?

T-Dog get's bit near the fence, Carol opens a door near fence and T-Dog follows her in

Carol and T-Dog walk around for a bit and T-Dog sacrifices himself, Carol exits a door.

Rick and others finds T-Dog's remains, exits same door that Carole herself exited out of.

Rick and others ends up outside near fence and near where Hershel and Beth barricaded themselves in.

Door happens to be the same door that Carole and T-Dog ENTERED and EXITED.

Rick asks Hershel if he saw Carol, he says no even though he had a perfect view of where she would have exited.

LOL, did anyone else notice the blooper where everyone enters and exits the same door to the prison?

T-Dog get's bit near the fence, Carol opens a door near fence and T-Dog follows her in

Carol and T-Dog walk around for a bit and T-Dog sacrifices himself, Carol exits a door.

Rick and others finds T-Dog's remains, exits same door that Carole herself exited out of.

Rick and others ends up outside near fence and near where Hershel and Beth barricaded themselves in.

Door happens to be the same door that Carole and T-Dog ENTERED and EXITED.

Rick asks Hershel if he saw Carol, he says no even though he had a perfect view of where she would have exited.

there could have been a number of passages the passed through between those 2 doors that they didn't show.

Lmao people are actually sad tdog died he was so useless and had not character development throughout the series I think the season before this one he didn't have more then 20 lines. Also about time Lori was killed off she was so annoying almost as much as Andrea .

Archived