The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

End the NHL Fan Lockout: Cancel Your Cable Until the Lockout Ends

RockChurch

I've been thinking for a while now on how fans can, in some way, affect the lockout situation.

Canceling your cable and citing the NHL Fan Lockout as the reason will have a very real effect.

Since none of us would boycott hockey, the idea is to boycott cable while there's no hockey on it.

In the mean time, you get by with Netflix, Hulu, MLB.tv, NFL Sunday Ticket, and various other free sources (like the local library).

When the lockout is over, you sign back up, everybody is happy. If enough people do it, the cable and broadcast companies (especially in the States) will start losing subscription and advertising revenue.

In Brief:

- Fans canceling cable due to the lockout will light a fire under the NHL.

- Big Television’s worst nightmare is the fear that customers will try life without TV for a while and realize that they prefer the choice and savings of web content.

- If fans start canceling due to the lockout, Mr. Bettman is going to start getting an awful lot of angry calls from advertisers, networks, and media giants.

Details:

End the NHL Fan Lockout: Cancel Your Cable | is this your homework?

End-NHL-Fan-Lockout-Thumbnail.jpeg

Please feel free to share it widely. The more hockey fans get on board, even if they just start talking about this, the more pressure we can exert to get the deal done.

Regards,

MrTemple

I've been thinking for a while now on how fans can, in some way, affect the lockout situation.

I think I've hit upon it.

Canceling your cable and citing the NHL Fan Lockout as the reason will have a very real effect.

The details:

End the NHL Fan Lockout: Cancel Your Cable | is this your homework?

End-NHL-Fan-Lockout-Thumbnail.jpeg

Please feel free to share it widely. The more hockey fans get on board, even if they just start talking about this, the more pressure we can exert to get the deal done.

Regards,

MrTemple

That's the point. Nobody's going to boycott hockey. Instead the idea is to boycott your cable bill while there's no hockey on TV.

I can get by with Netflix, Hulu, etc for everything except hockey. Since there's no hockey on TV, I've cancelled my cable until the Fan Lockout is over.

there is an easier way to impact the nhl directly don't order nhl center ice through the internet or cable that will put a dent in the nhl i know i will never order nhl center ice again after this lockout will never go to another game and will never buy another piece of memorabilia

i am sure i am not the only one either

there is an easier way to impact the nhl directly don't order nhl center ice through the internet or cable that will put a dent in the nhl i know i will never order nhl center ice again after this lockout will never go to another game and will never buy another piece of memorabilia

i am sure i am not the only one either

Archived