37 replies to this topic

#1 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

The lockout this season hurt Lapierre who is really anxious to play, he expressed his desire to stay in vancouver which is a good sign though as he is now 220. Here is the link winth the videos of lapierre's training and what an Rds reporter had to say.

http://legrandclub.r...s/149412/public

Here is the translated version with no videos, the english is a bit off.
Lapierre lose an important season
Views: 4402 4 ratings
14 hours ago Luc Gélinas Category: Hockey Tags: Alain Jacques Martin vigneault guy carbonneau maxim lapierre

The last Sept. 15, Gary Bettman triggered the third lockout of his reign as commissioner of the NHL. A month later, nothing has changed. In fact, all that has changed, it's the players who decided to go into exile in Europe before the possibility of growing more than the labor dispute drags on.

For Maxim Lapierre is the opposite. Party in Vancouver in early September for the Canucks training camp, the fiery striker Quebec returned home a few days ago. "I thought it would resolve itself quickly but now I am less optimistic. As there were only eight players to Vancouver, I came here to train with Scott Linvinsgton (former head of fitness for the Habs). I do not say no to Europe but I'll think from only if the season is officially canceled, "said the former striker Canadian slipping alone every morning then go sweat in a gym before lunch.

The lockout is the owners business but this is not the case for gamers. Lapierre for the conflict comes at a very bad. Driven from Montreal by Jacques Martin did not want him and used it sporadically, it landed on his feet in Vancouver, Alain Vigneault has to use it in a role that suits him and that worked very well also under the command of Guy Carbonneau before. "It's a shame because I was ready for the season. This is my last contract year and I worked hard this summer. I took twenty pounds of muscle mass. I am now at 220 pounds and I'm even faster. It is certain that if we do not play this year, I'll lose a season while I am perhaps the best moments of my career. I am twenty-seven years and my three or four years should be my best. This is the reality, but if we start to think about day and night it will eventually affect the lives of every day and it is not very healthy, "says Lapierre, who may exercise autonomy 1 July next.

Like all the other players involved in the work stoppage, Lapierre will never see the money lost if the season is canceled, as more and more people are beginning to think. In his case, the lockout could therefore be realized by a shortfall of one million dollars. Careers do not last fifteen years for everyone and we must also consider that like many others, Lapierre will find another job next year since become a free agent July 1. If Gary Bettman canceled the season, it probably will not help his cause. "That's true ... But I did well last year so I think I would have no problem signing a contract" added Canuck still trying to maintain morale.

Posted Image

I really hope lappy resigns I really enjoyed watching him on the canucks.

#2 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

He probably will as he fits in well with this team.
Posted Image

#3 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

I hope he gets a 4 year contract next year to keep him here during his prime. Cant wait to see him playing with added strength.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#4 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

so pumped

Oh hello Alain Vigneault, I see what you did there... good one.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#5 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

Now that he's gained the weight - he must work on the speed and acceleration!

#6 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,765 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

POPULAR

Before Lapierre became a Canuck I had bashed him quite a bit for his style of play. When he was acquired at the deadline, I was worried about how he would fit in the Canucks' room and whether he would buy in to the Canucks' system.

I have none of those concerns anymore, and Lappy is one of my favourite Canucks. He has been great for this team, and last season showed a true willingness to stand up for his teammates. People would criticize him for not winning a lot of fights. To me, it is true that he lost most of his fights, but what is more important is that his losses never deterred him from standing up for his teammates again. I think it shows a lot of character for a guy to lose a fight and not let that loss stop him from sticking up for a teammate the next time around.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#7 Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

An extra 20 pounds of muscle mass is pretty impressive and it also says to me that he is a very dedicated player.
Hope to see him and the rest of the league on the ice very soon.

#8 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Lapierre plays with heart and maximum effort. That is all you can ask of a player. I hope he remains a Canuck for a long time.
Posted Image

#9 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

I'm wearing his shirt jersey right now! Love his tenacity. Good to see that he wants to stay here.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#10 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

I want him here long time. Big fan.

Posted Image

#11 hsidhu

hsidhu

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

great player, but i dont think the season will be cancelled so hell be in a nux sweater in the next couple of weeks

Kassian will be a Beast

#12 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,128 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

The weight will help if it's good weight, but still will probably not make him a great fighter. That is in your blood.

But it would make a massive difference on the ice. Especially if, as he says, he is also faster. 220 lbs is the kind of size that allows you to match up as a defensive centre with the big forwards; Kovalchuck, Thornton, Kopitar, Iginla or Getzlaf... It could cement him as our 3rd line centre!

Who needs Arnott? :blink:

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 16 October 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#13 austy

austy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Before Lapierre became a Canuck I had bashed him quite a bit for his style of play. When he was acquired at the deadline, I was worried about how he would fit in the Canucks' room and whether he would buy in to the Canucks' system.

I have none of those concerns anymore,

I was the same, he has turned out well, pretty disciplined, had some good fights last year, your right doesn't win many but he does get stuck in there pretty good. And what a forechecker!

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#14 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

I agree with all of you

#15 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

did he pick up the weight that Kassian lost? I hope to see the fruits of his labour as soon as November 2nd, both hands crossing fingers very hard.

#16 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Lapierre plays with heart and maximum effort. That is all you can ask of a player. I hope he remains a Canuck for a long time.

Disappointed that you bypassed a perfect chance for a cheesy pun...
Don't worry, I forgive you and fixed it for you. -_-

Edited by StevenStamkos, 16 October 2012 - 04:08 PM.

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#17 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,405 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

In Bernier's first year here he was an awesome hitter, but when he dropped 20lbs he was much less effective. Hopefully Lapierre has the same (reverse) effect and can flat out punish guys when he hits. I'd sacrifice a bit of foot speed for thunderous hits.
Sig too big.

#18 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Lappierre is awesome, so glad we have him. Keep him around for 4 more years!!!!

RIP LB RR PD

#19 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm pretty sure he's one of the best guys on the team to have a beer with. And that means lots to me.

Sign him up.
Posted Image

#20 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

great player, but i dont think the season will be cancelled so hell be in a nux sweater in the next couple of weeks

I think he's one of the unsung heros and real leaders on this team and will be a big part of any run to the cup again. He and Burrows are two big parts of the leadership group even though they don't wear A's. They are heart and soul players and set the tone, are hard to play against and drive other teams nuts...

Important to get this guy signed for 4-5 years.

#21 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Was already one of our best hitters, this is just a bonus.

#22 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Torres - Lapierre - Hansen = Best 3rd line i've ever seen. Letting Torres go was more costly to this team than letting Ehrhoff walk.

Imagine that as our 4th, while our 3rd being

Higgins - Malhotra (if he can actually play again) - Kassian

:o

Posted Image

#23 sirwilliam

sirwilliam

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

220? Wow that's awesome! Gaining 20 pounds in one off-season is pretty difficult (unless your name is Byfuglien or Tkachuk). ;)

Edited by sirwilliam, 16 October 2012 - 11:11 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

220? Wow that's awesome! Gaining 20 pounds in one off-season is pretty difficult (unless your name is Byfuglien or Tkachuk). ;)

i hope he took Mayray along with him. :rolleyes:
Kevin.jpg

#25 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

Coach AV just once please unite the quebecquois boys? Burrows and Lapierre...talk about one hell of an annoying duo...

2moy3iq.png

#26 Haikara

Haikara

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Nice gains, I think he's making a strong case for temporary second-line centre while kesler is out.
Posted Image

#27 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

I'm wearing his shirt jersey right now! Love his tenacity. Good to see that he wants to stay here.

Shersey? Jirt?

Anyway, Lappy is my favorite Canuck. I really hope he's genuine when he says he wants to stay here, and that Mike Gillis does his best to keep him here. I don't want to go as far as to say we need him here to win a Cup, but his energy and attitude would definitely be missed.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 17 October 2012 - 05:53 PM.

/=S=/

#28 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,497 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

A Lappy who’s not so yappy?

“I’ve been doing a lot of thinking,” Maxim Lapierre said Monday following an informal skate at UBC. “It’s going to be a physical game when we get back and I don’t think I’m going to talk as much on the ice. I even think I’m not even going to talk at all. I’m going to play my role and play physical. Do what I have to do and get back to the bench.”

#29 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,835 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

“I’ve been doing a lot of thinking,” Maxim Lapierre said Monday following an informal skate at UBC. “It’s going to be a physical game when we get back and I don’t think I’m going to talk as much on the ice. I even think I’m not even going to talk at all. I’m going to play my role and play physical. Do what I have to do and get back to the bench.”

and he said this all through the biggest trolling grin you've ever seen.

#30 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

That's unfortunate. Because my username will have little relevance.

Don't do it, Lappy. It's a trick!

/=S=/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.