The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lockout Hurts an Anxious lapierre

406281dylan

The lockout this season hurt Lapierre who is really anxious to play, he expressed his desire to stay in vancouver which is a good sign though as he is now 220. Here is the link winth the videos of lapierre's training and what an Rds reporter had to say.

http://legrandclub.rds.ca/profils/608457/posts/149412/public

Here is the translated version with no videos, the english is a bit off.

Lapierre lose an important season

Views: 4402 4 ratings

14 hours ago Luc Gélinas Category: Hockey Tags: Alain Jacques Martin vigneault guy carbonneau maxim lapierre

The last Sept. 15, Gary Bettman triggered the third lockout of his reign as commissioner of the NHL. A month later, nothing has changed. In fact, all that has changed, it's the players who decided to go into exile in Europe before the possibility of growing more than the labor dispute drags on.

For Maxim Lapierre is the opposite. Party in Vancouver in early September for the Canucks training camp, the fiery striker Quebec returned home a few days ago. "I thought it would resolve itself quickly but now I am less optimistic. As there were only eight players to Vancouver, I came here to train with Scott Linvinsgton (former head of fitness for the Habs). I do not say no to Europe but I'll think from only if the season is officially canceled, "said the former striker Canadian slipping alone every morning then go sweat in a gym before lunch.

The lockout is the owners business but this is not the case for gamers. Lapierre for the conflict comes at a very bad. Driven from Montreal by Jacques Martin did not want him and used it sporadically, it landed on his feet in Vancouver, Alain Vigneault has to use it in a role that suits him and that worked very well also under the command of Guy Carbonneau before. "It's a shame because I was ready for the season. This is my last contract year and I worked hard this summer. I took twenty pounds of muscle mass. I am now at 220 pounds and I'm even faster. It is certain that if we do not play this year, I'll lose a season while I am perhaps the best moments of my career. I am twenty-seven years and my three or four years should be my best. This is the reality, but if we start to think about day and night it will eventually affect the lives of every day and it is not very healthy, "says Lapierre, who may exercise autonomy 1 July next.

Like all the other players involved in the work stoppage, Lapierre will never see the money lost if the season is canceled, as more and more people are beginning to think. In his case, the lockout could therefore be realized by a shortfall of one million dollars. Careers do not last fifteen years for everyone and we must also consider that like many others, Lapierre will find another job next year since become a free agent July 1. If Gary Bettman canceled the season, it probably will not help his cause. "That's true ... But I did well last year so I think I would have no problem signing a contract" added Canuck still trying to maintain morale.

Maxim-Lapierre-0944.jpg

I really hope lappy resigns I really enjoyed watching him on the canucks.

Before Lapierre became a Canuck I had bashed him quite a bit for his style of play. When he was acquired at the deadline, I was worried about how he would fit in the Canucks' room and whether he would buy in to the Canucks' system.

I have none of those concerns anymore, and Lappy is one of my favourite Canucks. He has been great for this team, and last season showed a true willingness to stand up for his teammates. People would criticize him for not winning a lot of fights. To me, it is true that he lost most of his fights, but what is more important is that his losses never deterred him from standing up for his teammates again. I think it shows a lot of character for a guy to lose a fight and not let that loss stop him from sticking up for a teammate the next time around.

The weight will help if it's good weight, but still will probably not make him a great fighter. That is in your blood.

But it would make a massive difference on the ice. Especially if, as he says, he is also faster. 220 lbs is the kind of size that allows you to match up as a defensive centre with the big forwards; Kovalchuck, Thornton, Kopitar, Iginla or Getzlaf... It could cement him as our 3rd line centre!

Who needs Arnott? :blink:

Before Lapierre became a Canuck I had bashed him quite a bit for his style of play. When he was acquired at the deadline, I was worried about how he would fit in the Canucks' room and whether he would buy in to the Canucks' system.

I have none of those concerns anymore,

Archived