The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lockout Hurts an Anxious lapierre

406281dylan

Torres - Lapierre - Hansen = Best 3rd line i've ever seen. Letting Torres go was more costly to this team than letting Ehrhoff walk.

Imagine that as our 4th, while our 3rd being

Higgins - Malhotra (if he can actually play again) - Kassian

:o

• 2 months later...

A Lappy who’s not so yappy?

“I’ve been doing a lot of thinking,” Maxim Lapierre said Monday following an informal skate at UBC. “It’s going to be a physical game when we get back and I don’t think I’m going to talk as much on the ice. I even think I’m not even going to talk at all. I’m going to play my role and play physical. Do what I have to do and get back to the bench.”

“I’ve been doing a lot of thinking,” Maxim Lapierre said Monday following an informal skate at UBC. “It’s going to be a physical game when we get back and I don’t think I’m going to talk as much on the ice. I even think I’m not even going to talk at all. I’m going to play my role and play physical. Do what I have to do and get back to the bench.”

Guest Dasein

Schroeder will be our 2nd line center, but Lapierre will get more minutes as he will play the shutdown role that Kesler plays plus the top PK minutes that Kesler played. Look for around 15-17 minutes every game.

Schroeder will get 11-14 minutes of pure offense, much like Cody did.

Max played well with Burr and Henrik.

LaPierre 6 `foot 2 and 227lbs -415 NHL games

Higgins 6 feet and 203 lbs-482 NHL games

Malholtra 6 foot 2 and 220 lbs-855 NHL games played

Kesler 6 foot 2 and 202 lbs-561 NHL games played

Ebbett 5 foot 9 and 172 lbs -182 NHL games

Schroeder 5 foot 9 175 pounds - 0 NHL games played

`` Schroeder will be our 2nd line center`` Dasein

Gillis cautioned that in a sprint-to-the-finish kind of season that is about to start, it might be more difficult for young, inexperienced players to crack the lineup.

"You don't have the luxury of a full season to experiment," Gillis said. "We were planning to introduce a number of young players, now I am not sure how that is going to work out with a shortened schedule.

"Obviously, with a 48-game schedule you don't have any room for experimentation or introduction unless the player is ready to play and ready to contribute. That is going to change the dynamics not only for us but for every team in the league. We are going to have to go with our best players every night no matter what to make sure we get into the playoffs and have an opportunity to advance."

Archived