Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nuckin_futz

19 Kids In A Hatchback? South African Teacher Pulled Over For Stuffing Car With Students

27 posts in this topic

Melanie Minnie, Nursery School Teacher, Crams 19 Kids Into Hatchback For Class Trip.

19-kids-in-hatchback-e1350317499981.jpg

o-19-KIDS-HATCHBACK-SOUTH-AFRICA-PHOTO-570.jpg?12

Who needs a bus when you have a hatchback? A teacher in South Africa stuffed 19 of her nursery school students into her hatchback to make a trip to a local burger joint for lunch.

According to Jalopnik, Melanie Minnie was pulled over by police in South Africa when authorities noticed that she had six children in the back of Renault Clio. Upon closer inspection police counted 10 children in the back seat and another three on the front seat.

Minnie said that her kids were hungry and she decided to take them out to lunch. The nursery school teacher said that it was the first time, and the last time, that she would try to fit 19 kids into hatchback. The Renault Clio, by the way, is designed to seat about five people.

Minnie told the South African paper Beeld:

“This is the first time we went on an outing – and the last time. I will never do that again.”

The NY Daily News reports that Minnie was fined $60 for overstuffing her car with students.

*****************************************************************************************************

The article is a little confusing on the numbers. For clarity ...... She had 6 of them in the back hold, 10 in the back seat and 3 in the front.

She might have got away with it if she had dressed them in clown costumes.

OK CDC do your comedic best.

She might have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids and that dog.

You always want to sit in the back of the school bus but you never want to sit in the back of the hatchback.

Man, and I thought it was an accomplishment in high school when we fit 13 of us in a Camry and did a lap around the block. Although I guess we were bigger than these kids.

Either way thanks for the story. I can't stop laughing when I look at those pictures.

Man, and I thought it was an accomplishment in high school when we fit 13 of us in a Camry and did a lap around the block. Although I guess we were bigger than these kids.

Either way thanks for the story. I can't stop laughing when I look at those pictures.

Cops need to RELAX.

They were just going out for some burgs

In other news the teacher has been offered a job at Air Canada helping design the seat layout.

In other news the teacher has been offered a job at Air Canada helping design the seat layout.

17935d1305860230-bargaining-with-autorickshaws-sixonascooter.jpg

19 is not bad but this is pretty impressive. Note the dad is the only one with a helmet.

17935d1305860230-bargaining-with-autorickshaws-sixonascooter.jpg

19 is not bad but this is pretty impressive. Note the dad is the only one with a helmet.