The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Security Guard Beaten - Poco

Jester@wraiths.ca

Of course not, but I doubt these 3 attackers, who are clearly cowardly pieces of trash, would be as inclined to go to try and attack somebody that is in some way physically imposing. Or even if there was another guard present.

A lone 65 year old man is about as easy a target that scumbags like this could look for.

Part of the blame needs to go to so-called "Canuck" Security for putting this man in this position and it is a wonder things like this don't happen more often. As someone who has worked Security, I have seen so many fly-by-night East Indian Security companies recruit old men like this that 1) cannot defend themselves nevermind secure a site and 2) cannot speak English well enough to de-escalate a situation.

With several parties wanting their cut (clients wanting to pay less for guards but still take the insurance savings by having SOMEONE there, Security companies hiring old, immigrant workers that will work for less than minimum wage so to keep more of the hourly cut), old men like this are left alone on darkened work sites that they have no business being on.

Not to take the blame off of the assailants, but really, why was this old man left there in the first place?

We live in a society filled with a bunch of cowards. Its pretty sad. I doubt any of these attackers would go one on one

against a much younger individual because they know they would get beat. They need 3 or 4 more people to feel superior.

Haven't seen anything about it, chances are probably pretty slim since it was dark and really, two of them jumped him from behind, and once the attack started and he was down, he was just doing all he could to protect himself while being beaten.

I don't agree. I don't think it's appropriate to make it a "them vs us" thing. I think WE are ONE community.

Parents need to educate their children. We're a multicultural society. If my kids are going have a successful and meaningful life they are going to need to get along with all Canadians not just the ones that look like them

I'm sure someone on CDC can give examples of how they saw Asian kids do something stupid as well. I just told about my experience.

I didn't intend on making it a "them vs us" thing or whites vs browns. I do it consider it a browns vs loser trashy kids attacking sikh seniors thing. There is no denying that most often the kids are white, but they do not represent whites as a community, that would be stupid.

I fully agree with you though, but one thing, I've lived in the white neighborhoods, in the brown neighborhoods, in the chinese neighborhoods, I've been around in other words, and I can confidently say its rare for minorities to attack white seniors, although im sure it has happened.

Archived