68 replies to this topic

#31 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,387 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

We need the death penalty for crimes like this.

Nope.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Nope.

they need to be tarred and feathered!
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#33 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,351 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Probably would have happened regardless of who was on duty. Unless the guard was 6'5 and built like a tank, that may have discouraged the attackers. Of course when you see an old man, you see an easy target.
Posted Image

#34 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Seeing that picture in the news article is heartbreaing. Wish him and his family the best and that those men are brought to justice.

#35 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

That's exactly what I was wondering, how on earth does a company think an unarmed, 65 year old man is going to be a successful security guard?
In addition to the attackers, his employers should be held liable to a certain extent.

It's a job as a night watchman. Just have a presence, and call the cops when you need to.
Moo

#36 Canuckas

Canuckas

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

Gang initiation maybe?

#37 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

More like moron initiation
Moo

#38 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 16,387 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

More like moron initiation

Same thing, no?
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Breaks my heart to know what he went through. It's sickening that those losers did that... It blows my mind at how there is no limit on how bad humans can act. the horrid things human beings can do.

Hope he makes a full recovery. Glad he survived.
Posted Image

#40 The Vancouver Connection

The Vancouver Connection

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

hate crime. find these fracks and charge them.
Sig too big, 500 KB limit

#41 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

And you think a 25 year old, unarmed man would have gone all Batman on the 3 attackers that were wielding metal bars while jumping him from behind? A younger guy would have ended up bloody on the ground just the same, unless he managed to run.

Of course not, but I doubt these 3 attackers, who are clearly cowardly pieces of trash, would be as inclined to go to try and attack somebody that is in some way physically imposing. Or even if there was another guard present.
A lone 65 year old man is about as easy a target that scumbags like this could look for.

Edited by Jagermeister, 18 October 2012 - 10:34 PM.

Posted Image

#42 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

Of course not, but I doubt these 3 attackers, who are clearly cowardly pieces of trash, would be as inclined to go to try and attack somebody that is in some way physically imposing. Or even if there was another guard present.
A lone 65 year old man is about as easy a target that scumbags like this could look for.

yes, but then maybe 3 other bigger cowards would feel like they might stand a chance against someone stronger. It reminds me of that hate crime in courtenay from a couple years back. Those 3 guys try to take on that 1 guy who is pretty damn strong and even he had some trouble with them.

#43 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Part of the blame needs to go to so-called "Canuck" Security for putting this man in this position and it is a wonder things like this don't happen more often. As someone who has worked Security, I have seen so many fly-by-night East Indian Security companies recruit old men like this that 1) cannot defend themselves nevermind secure a site and 2) cannot speak English well enough to de-escalate a situation.

With several parties wanting their cut (clients wanting to pay less for guards but still take the insurance savings by having SOMEONE there, Security companies hiring old, immigrant workers that will work for less than minimum wage so to keep more of the hourly cut), old men like this are left alone on darkened work sites that they have no business being on.

Not to take the blame off of the assailants, but really, why was this old man left there in the first place?

What of the Border Guard that got shot while in her booth a couple of days ago? Did she know English? Was she too old? What of police officers that lose their lives in the line of duty? Your ignorance is unbelievable.

This guy was a night watchman. His job is not to be physical or arrest anyone. He's just there to observe and report suspicious behaviour to police.

I personally have witnessed and stopped attacks on Sikh Senior Citizens on multiple occasions. Every single time the perpetrators were young white boys who did it for the thrill, they thought it was funny. It was not uncommon for young punks to approach an elderly Sikh man, knock off his turban and run away. During my highschool years my friends and I would go to local parks to play soccer or what not. You would be surprised how many times In broad daylight one would hear a commotion, usually an elderly man screaming for help, then young punks run away from the scene. Many times we ran after them to put a scare in them so they don't do it again. Always 10 or 12 year old white males.

Two seniors, one in his late 70's and one in his 80's were beaten with baseball bats in Bear Creek Park by teenage boys. They both died. They were just at the park for their daily stroll. The 17 year old got 6 years. The others less. Despicable. Prior to this Sikh senior citizens had been complaining for years about young caucasian males coming to this parks and bothering them.
http://www.cbc.ca/ne...c-sentence.html

An elderly man I knew personally , Nirmal Singh Gill was attacked and killed at the Surrey Sikh Temple by young white supremacists in the middle of the night. He was a kind and noble man. He lived on the temple grounds as a caretaker. The murderers were drunk so they decided to come to the temple to find someone and beat to death.

I have no doubt in my mind this was act was perpetrated by young caucasian kids because they were "having fun". It was not a robbery or a personal issue. It was a racist attack. I believe this because I've witnessed these kinds of things numerous times. It's happened to people I know.

It's time for parents to talk to their kids and educate them. I have 2 boys and It would be the worst day of my life if I ever found out they hurt someone, particularly an elderly person because of the way they looked.

But sadly this kind of stuff will continue to happen, many parents themselves are ignorant.

#44 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

14 years ago one of my best friends was beaten to death by several 18-20 year olds. He was plenty physically imposing, a barrel chested powerfully built guy. Several guys attacking him at once and one using a metal bar to bash him in the back of the head and put him to the ground so all of them could kick his skull in... Makes no difference when it's one unarmed person against a group of cowards intent on beating someone.

#45 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

any news on finding the culprits?

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#46 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

any news on finding the culprits?

Haven't seen anything about it, chances are probably pretty slim since it was dark and really, two of them jumped him from behind, and once the attack started and he was down, he was just doing all he could to protect himself while being beaten.

#47 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

We live in a society filled with a bunch of cowards. Its pretty sad. I doubt any of these attackers would go one on one
against a much younger individual because they know they would get beat. They need 3 or 4 more people to feel superior.

Posted Image

#48 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Haven't seen anything about it, chances are probably pretty slim since it was dark and really, two of them jumped him from behind, and once the attack started and he was down, he was just doing all he could to protect himself while being beaten.

can't they do a DNA testing or anything like that?

Posted Image

#49 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

damn

i figured since he could make out they were caucasian and their heights that he would be able to identify them further.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#50 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Nope.

LOL why the hell not? People that commit such crimes need to be lynched
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#51 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Maybe J.R. was one of the scumbags? :bigblush:
* JK

Karma will bite these low-lifes in the ass.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#52 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

can't they do a DNA testing or anything like that?

DNA testing of what?
Even if they have a viable sample from the attackers, they then need to compare that to DNA samples from suspects. There isn't DNA of everyone on record to search through to find the attackers... and they'd need to already be charging a suspect to request a DNA sample and get it...

#53 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 16,387 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

Giving the state power to murder people is dangerous, wrong and not an act of a civilized society.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Can't believe this stuff when it happens, yet it is one of the many "baggages" of the human race. Our lust for violence is disgusting. I hope they find these thugs and that justice is rightfully served.

Get well soon, sir.

/=S=/

#55 Five For Fighting

Five For Fighting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

If not the death penalty these 3 racists need to get what they dished out. I don't care if an eye for an eye is not civilized.
Posted Image

#56 SixOhFourCanucks

SixOhFourCanucks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

I have friends who are close to the Bajwa family and they're spending all their time looking for these guys. They better hope the cops find them first, cause I highly doubt they'll live to see their next birthday if they're found by friends of the family.

Good for them. I have nothing against white people, but there are so many trashy little white kids that go around harassing Punjabi seniors, it's pisses me off, well im sure it pisses off everyone. If these kids get what they deserve, maybe it'll make other white kids think twice. The two bear creek killers better hide their identity as well when they get out.

ps. these assaults take place more often than thought, usually less severe thankfully.

#57 SixOhFourCanucks

SixOhFourCanucks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

What of the Border Guard that got shot while in her booth a couple of days ago? Did she know English? Was she too old? What of police officers that lose their lives in the line of dut....

I'm not the only one who realizes this I see. They (trashy whites specifically) make a game out of attacking our seniors.

#58 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

I'm not the only one who realizes this I see. They (trashy whites specifically) make a game out of attacking our seniors.

I don't agree. I don't think it's appropriate to make it a "them vs us" thing. I think WE are ONE community.

Parents need to educate their children. We're a multicultural society. If my kids are going have a successful and meaningful life they are going to need to get along with all Canadians not just the ones that look like them

I'm sure someone on CDC can give examples of how they saw Asian kids do something stupid as well. I just told about my experience.

#59 SixOhFourCanucks

SixOhFourCanucks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

I don't agree. I don't think it's appropriate to make it a "them vs us" thing. I think WE are ONE community.

Parents need to educate their children. We're a multicultural society. If my kids are going have a successful and meaningful life they are going to need to get along with all Canadians not just the ones that look like them

I'm sure someone on CDC can give examples of how they saw Asian kids do something stupid as well. I just told about my experience.

I didn't intend on making it a "them vs us" thing or whites vs browns. I do it consider it a browns vs loser trashy kids attacking sikh seniors thing. There is no denying that most often the kids are white, but they do not represent whites as a community, that would be stupid.
I fully agree with you though, but one thing, I've lived in the white neighborhoods, in the brown neighborhoods, in the chinese neighborhoods, I've been around in other words, and I can confidently say its rare for minorities to attack white seniors, although im sure it has happened.

#60 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

I didn't intend on making it a "them vs us" thing or whites vs browns. I do it consider it a browns vs loser trashy kids attacking sikh seniors thing. There is no denying that most often the kids are white, but they do not represent whites as a community, that would be stupid.
I fully agree with you though, but one thing, I've lived in the white neighborhoods, in the brown neighborhoods, in the chinese neighborhoods, I've been around in other words, and I can confidently say its rare for minorities to attack white seniors, although im sure it has happened.

I definitely agree with this statement. Can't speak for all minorities but Asian and Punjabi kids for sure, I've traveled around the world. Have friends of every continent. I'm sitting with a friend right now who's frim a different background than me and we have had this conversation about this exact thing many time over the past few days. It would be very rare and it would be a drug addict scum. it would highly surprise me it was a couple of 10 or 12 year olds "having fun" or doing it for a "joke".

Edited by WHL rocks, 23 October 2012 - 12:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.