The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

latest proposal-nov 2 reaction?

Lui's Knob

From a canucks viewpoint, if the latest offer is accepted and things start nov 2, Does it help or hinder Canucks in terms of timing (injuries for example to garrison, Kesler, Edler) and scheduling (more intense travel in shorter time?)? It would help he Canucks since it means the cap stays the same (slight ceiling increase) and maybe helps with moving the luongo deal...

Edler has back injury and Garrisson has groin injury, both from before the CBA expired, so they are the only 2 Canucks being paid. They continue to be paid until the doctors say they are recovered.

As for the offer, it sounds good, with 50/50 split and no wage rollbacks, but we don't know everything that's in there, the owners could be trying to use those good things to distract from some other jerk move in the contract...

I haven't been real impressed with what the NHLPA is saying so far though, saying it's a "good start" and something to negotiate from... seriously, if they're getting the 50/50 split, you're not likely to get any better than that. Push too much and it is entirely greed and ego.

Both have minor injuries, and are training with Kesler, who is also being paid during the lockout.

I'm not sure there's any real need for this in it's own thread, especially since there's already an official CBA thread, and a new thread on the current proposal.

I really think the NHLPA should agree to this deal. Maybe make a few minor tweaks if there's a few things they don't like. But they should definitely not refuse the offer because we might have to wait for another week or two in order to get another offer. Kesler can come back late Dec or early Jan and Garrison should be able to go by Nov 2. Edler should also be back but might take a little longer but that's nothing to worry about. Hopefully, they can reschedule the games and season so the season ends a little later than planned. I don't want the games to be crowded cause that will just exhaust the players. Full 82 game season, 50/50...!!! This has to appeal to the NHLPA... they just have to agree to this!

i think the season will start on nov.2 BUT it wont be on this prosposal. they will tweak it and take a deep breath and sign the deal

the next week and a half will determine where we are heading....either we start on nov.2 or this thing sinks back into the abyss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPm_9YWRKMA&list=FLtPN57H9abJHdbfQhOuIneQ&index=15&feature=plpp_video

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Any existing deal in excess of 5 yrs would carry cap hit in every year of contract, even if player were to retire with year(s) left.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Sorry I lied. Important note on back-diving contracts (BDC). If player traded, then later in deal retires, original club on hook for cap hit

If this is true and it is included in the NHL's 50/50 proposal, that would mean Luongo's contract would screw us no matter what we do with him. The PA has got to either get rid of this or alter it so that it only affects new contracts or something.

Ready to start our Championship Run!!!. Although, having a 82 game schedule starting Nov. 2nd would mean re-working ALL 30 team game schedules which is no easy task. Can it be done given concert, circus, shared basketball and other arena committments?. And what about travel days?. Go Canucks Go!

Edler has back injury and Garrisson has groin injury, both from before the CBA expired, so they are the only 2 Canucks being paid. They continue to be paid until the doctors say they are recovered.

As for the offer, it sounds good, with 50/50 split and no wage rollbacks, but we don't know everything that's in there, the owners could be trying to use those good things to distract from some other jerk move in the contract...

I haven't been real impressed with what the NHLPA is saying so far though, saying it's a "good start" and something to negotiate from... seriously, if they're getting the 50/50 split, you're not likely to get any better than that. Push too much and it is entirely greed and ego.

Can someone tell me if I am understanding this corectly? The description on the NHL's main page says; under the new CBA the upper limit for a team's salary is 59 million. While teams are permitted to exceed that number for the 12/13 season only, no team will spend more than the predetermined total of 70.2 million.

So next off-season the salary cap is going to drop over 10 million with no rollbacks on current contracts. How do we clear 10 million in cap and resign Edler, Higgins, and Lappy?

Archived