The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van/Wash Trade Proposal

Here is a trade that makes sense. Since we all know Luongo is not worth that much, I propose we send him to the Caps in exchange for Mike Green. Both are players of high potential but with little to show for the last few seasons. We unload a retarded contract and Washington gets a so so average goalie. We also add the posibility of a great offensive d-man if he stays healthy.

Lou is hardly not worth much.

But a healthy Mike Greene has few equals in the NHL as a puck carrying D. He's not chump change either... I would do this in a heartbeat; we get an injury risk high end performer, Washington gets a great goalie. I wonder if they do this deal though, as their rookie goalie was a surprise with his stellar play in last years playoff's. I bet they run with him, but its nice to think?

And for those that say we do not need him cuz we have Edler as a 50 point D man...

It would be great to have both. Greene has elite speed and puck carrying (carrying, not moving > Edler passes fine) ability. There were so many times last year when I was crying for a guy who could carry the puck out of our zone against pressure. Teams were picking off those off-side breakout passes that worked so well in our SCF final year, as we became known for them. And a guy who could carry it in on the PP instead of that god awful drop pass. Greene would be a big improvement on Erhoff and add skills Garrison does not. A competent puck rushing D would be the single best thing we could acquire to make us the NHL's leading cup contender.

Edler / Greene

Hamhuis / Bieksa

Ballard / Garrison

Scary! :towel:

Here is a trade that makes sense. Since we all know Luongo is not worth that much, I propose we send him to the Caps in exchange for Mike Green. Both are players of high potential but with little to show for the last few seasons. We unload a retarded contract and Washington gets a so so average goalie. We also add the posibility of a great offensive d-man if he stays healthy.

No more defense! This team has enough money wasted on the back end including in net for the time being. This team needs proven playoff performers up front. Guys that can manufacture goals when they are needed the most. Acquiring more defence is on the bottom of my Canucks wish list.

Lou is hardly not worth much.

But a healthy Mike Greene has few equals in the NHL as a puck carrying D. He's not chump change either... I would do this in a heartbeat; we get an injury risk high end performer, Washington gets a great goalie. I wonder if they do this deal though, as their rookie goalie was a surprise with his stellar play in last years playoff's. I bet they run with him, but its nice to think?

And for those that say we do not need him cuz we have Edler as a 50 point D man...

It would be great to have both. Greene has elite speed and puck carrying (carrying, not moving > Edler passes fine) ability. There were so many times last year when I was crying for a guy who could carry the puck out of our zone against pressure. Teams were picking off those off-side breakout passes that worked so well in our SCF final year, as we became known for them. And a guy who could carry it in on the PP instead of that god awful drop pass. Greene would be a big improvement on Erhoff and add skills Garrison does not. A competent puck rushing D would be the single best thing we could acquire to make us the NHL's leading cup contender.

Edler / Greene

Hamhuis / Bieksa

Ballard / Garrison

Scary! :towel:

Archived