The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Done with the nhl till lockout over

Gurn

I 've been thinking about this for a few days now and have decided until the lockout is over: I will not buy NHL or Canuck gear.

I will not go to a game this year no matter when the lockout is over.

I will not support this website or any other team websites, thus I will not be exposed to the adds that raise revenue for the teams.

I will miss the Nuck site, including the open forum,

Depending how long this goes on I may never come back to the nhl.

I've enjoyed my time on this site and will miss it.

Goodbye.

I'm just about done too. Both sides are not getting anything done. The entire situation is ludicrous and I'm seriously thinking about jumping ship myself. The owners and players are lazy, arrogant, narrow minded and constantly complaining and whining about how bitterly unfair their lives are when they have millions of dollars in their bank accounts. If anybody should be pissed off and fired up, it's us fans.

I'm furious with not only the lockout, but with my city's council screwing fans like myself over with the downtown arena in Edmonton. In short, I am one VERY unhappy hockey fan.

I'm just about done too. Both sides are not getting anything done. The entire situation is ludicrous and I'm seriously thinking about jumping ship myself. The owners and players are lazy, arrogant, narrow minded and constantly complaining and whining about how bitterly unfair their lives are when they have millions of dollars in their bank accounts. If anybody should be pissed off and fired up, it's us fans.

I'm furious with not only the lockout, but with my city's council screwing fans like myself over with the downtown arena in Edmonton. In short, I am one VERY unhappy hockey fan.

Whatever makes you feel better about the lockout.

That said, as a Jets season ticket holder, I can guarantee that if the entire season is locked out, I won't be coming back. Like many other people here, I very much remember the last lockout; and like many people on this board, I also have a life outside of the NHL. I'll still post on CDC because it's something to do during slow times at work. But as far as a burning desire to watch hockey, that's becoming less important the older I get.

Archived