The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Lion Khalif Mitchell makes racist comment on his twitter towards Asians

taxi

Get off your high horse. If I put you on a lie detector and asked if u have ever used the word " chink" or "n****er" I bet u fail.

Like I said in my earlier post, having lived, gone to school and worked in the US I completely believe Kalif did not use the word chink in a racist manner. He comes from a culture where the word chink is not considered racist.

I asked u if u have even read Kalif Mitchell's tweets.

Edit to answer ur question people in his community use the word chink as a shorter version of the word a Chinese person.

Again he apologized immediately on twitter in the middle of the conversation he used this word in He explained he was unaware it's considered racist.

As many have already pointed out, I find it interesting and somewhat hypocritical when people have no issues typing out "chink" in their posts while censoring "n*****." It just demonstrates that there certain degrees of acceptable racism in society despite many people's claims that they aren't racist and/or socially ignorant. The only way for a word to disappear is for it to stop being used.

As many have already pointed out, I find it interesting and somewhat hypocritical when people have no issues typing out "chink" in their posts while censoring "n*****." It just demonstrates that there certain degrees of acceptable racism in society despite many people's claims that they aren't racist and/or socially ignorant. The only way for a word to disappear is for it to stop being used.

Archived