#1 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

Posted Image

NEW YORK — A Bangladeshi man with alleged al-Qaeda links was arrested on Wednesday in New York on charges of trying to use a 1,000 pound bomb to destroy the city's Federal Reserve building.

Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, 21, was arrested in Manhattan after he tried to detonate what he thought was a live bomb, but was actually a dummy provided in a sting operation, federal prosecutors in Brooklyn said.

Nafis traveled to the United States in January 2012 "for the purpose of conducting a terrorist attack on US soil," the federal prosecutor's office in Brooklyn said in a statement.

"Nafis, who reported having overseas connections to al-Qaeda, attempted to recruit individuals to form a terrorist cell inside the United States," the prosecutor's office said.

"Nafis also actively sought out al-Qaeda contacts within the United States to assist him in carrying out an attack. Unbeknownst to Nafis, one of the individuals he attempted to recruit was actually a source for the FBI."

Nafis allegedly wrote a statement claiming responsibility for his planned attack in which he said he wanted to "destroy America" and referred to slain al-Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden as "beloved."

He has been charged with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and attempting to support al-Qaeda.
FBI acting assistant director Mary Galligan said the attempt to "destroy a landmark building and kill or maim untold numbers of innocent bystanders is about as serious as the imagination can conjure."

HBut the suspect never posed an immediate risk because two people he thought were his accomplices "were actually an FBI source and an FBI undercover agent."

The Federal Reserve building, part of the network that makes up the US central bank, houses one of the world's largest gold deposits, consisting mostly of bullion belonging to other countries.

The criminal complaint alleges that Nafis had proposed several other possible targets, including the nearby New York Stock Exchange and an unnamed high-ranking US official.

The actual plot appeared to go forward smoothly for the alleged bomber, since every step of the way he was being helped by the undercover agents.

Early Wednesday, Nafis and an agent went by van to a warehouse in New York, prosecutors said, and the defendant said he was ready to do a suicide attack if his initial plan was thwarted.

He then assembled the bomb inside the van with phony explosives taken from the warehouse, the complaint says.
The agent and Nafis then drove to the New York Federal Reserve Bank, with Nafis finishing preparations to the fake bomb, while measures were taken among law enforcement bodies to make sure the vehicle was not stopped prematurely.

Once at the bank, Nafis recorded a "video statement to the American public" in which he allegedly said: "'We will not stop until we attain victory or martyrdom.'"

Only then Nafis discovered that his alleged bomb was a dud.

"Nafis then repeatedly, but unsuccessfully, attempted to detonate the bomb, which had been assembled using the inert explosives provided by the undercover agent," prosecutors said. He was arrested.

Loretta Lynch, US Attorney for the eastern district of New York, said: "The defendant came to this country intent on conducting a terrorist attack on US soil. The defendant thought he was striking a blow to the American economy.
"He thought he was directing confederates and fellow believers. At every turn, he was wrong, and his extensive efforts to strike at the heart of the nation's financial system were foiled."

http://www.reuters.c... US / Top News)

http://news.blogs.cn...comment-page-6/

Shows how awesome the FBI is I guess.
As for the Federal Reserve, maybe next time.

Edited by Tystick, 17 October 2012 - 04:37 PM.

Posted Image

#2 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

As for the Federal Reserve, maybe next time.

Now that folks, is comedy. ::D

#3 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

I dont understand why these people want to kill innocent civilians.......how many of these people within in the United States.....I dont think these people will ever stop

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#4 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

I dont understand why these people want to kill innocent civilians.......how many of these people within in the United States.....I dont think these people will ever stop

I'm pretty darned sure that was not the objective.

PS. Not all civilians are innocent.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#5 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

I dont understand why these people want to kill innocent civilians.......

Because they feel the US government props up dictators in their own countries for their own benefit who in turn murder innocent civilians.

Perhaps Aladeen will let you know how it's done if he see's this thread.

Edited by nuckin_futz, 17 October 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#6 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Imagine his reaction when he realized the bomb was a dud.

Posted Image
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#7 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,355 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

The whole thing was a farce set up by the feds. The dupe was recruited and hand fed every step of the way. All to make a political statement. At no time was there any risk to anyone, as usual.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

#8 TheClumsyGoalie

TheClumsyGoalie

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Off to Guantanamo Bay for him I guess.

#9 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Because they feel the US government props up dictators in their own countries for their own benefit who in turn murder innocent civilians.

Perhaps Aladeen will let you know how it's done if he see's this thread.

Except Bangladesh is not a dictatorship. Nor does the US have a significant presence if any in Bdesh.
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

View Postnhlconspiracy, on 21 April 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#10 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

The whole thing was a farce set up by the feds. The dupe was recruited and hand fed every step of the way. All to make a political statement. At no time was there any risk to anyone, as usual.

As usual indeed but if he was in fact trying to commit an act of terror then I'm glad he failed and I'm glad they caught him.

The guy reportedly stated that he wanted to 'destroy America' yet his main supposed target was the entity that has already destroyed and continued to destroy America.

Maybe he meant he wanted to try and save America from some of the worst criminals known to mankind like the Rothschilds and Rockefellers?

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 17 October 2012 - 08:58 PM.

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#11 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Pfft. 21 years old.

Fool just pissed his life away.
Posted Image

#12 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

Except Bangladesh is not a dictatorship. Nor does the US have a significant presence if any in Bdesh.

Very true but this isn't simply 1 cheesed off Bangladeshi. He's an al-Qaeda wannabe. Their beef is how all Muslims in all countries have been treated by the west.

#13 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

In before he was trained by Mossad and false flag.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#14 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

If Mossad had in fact trained him, he likely wouldn't have gotten caught.

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#15 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Pfft. 21 years old.

Fool just pissed his life away.

so much for the 100000 wives waiting for him now
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#16 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Very true but this isn't simply 1 cheesed off Bangladeshi. He's an al-Qaeda wannabe. Their beef is how all Muslims in all countries have been treated by the west.

All muslims in all countries?

Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

View Postnhlconspiracy, on 21 April 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#17 Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,460 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

Because they are cowards (led by cowards) who don't have the guts to try to kill someone who can fight back or defend themselves.
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
Blaise Pascal

#18 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

In before Rothschil-- **** never mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.