The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen or Kassian?

uber_pwnzor

Jensen or Kassian?  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They are in my opinion our two best prospects.

They're both 6'3'', and weigh about the same around 215.

Of course, they play very differently; Jensen is more of a sniper, his wrist shot reminds me of Näslund's, so does his skating, and he knows how to place himself in the perfect position in the slot.

Kassian plays a much rougher game, much like Todd Bertuzzi once did; he fights, he hits, but he can also score.

Now the question is: who do you think will turn out to be the better player?

It really depends.

They play a different game, and thus, can't be judged the same way.

Who will put up more points? Most likely Jensen.

Kassian will also put up points, but his physical play, aggressiveness, and the ability to stick up for his teammates will make him also a very valuable asset. If he lives up to his billing (and I think he will), he will be the kind of guy who shines in the playoffs. We've seen Kassian perform well on the big stage so far (Memorial Cup, World Juniors), so there is no reason to believe he can't be a big-game player for us some day.

As others have said,

Jensen - Gaunce - Kassian

Could be one hell of a scary line one day, and kind of like a bigger WCE. Skilled sniper, Two-way centreman, and a Powerforward.

I like the looks of it a lot.

Like both of them but give them at least a couple of years to mature. Jensen should start to produce quicker because of the style he plays. Kassian will take at least a year longer because of what the Canucks expect out of him, he has to be the punisher. Both are completly different but would fit perfectly together. Add Gaunce in at center and you have our future 3rd line to start..cant wait to see them play with each other.

Jensen for offensive upside, but Kassian could be more of an impact player. I think he's more sound defensively, and we know he's got toughness in spades too. Plus, he's showing a lot of maturity in his dedication to training.

I don't want to have overly high expectations for either prospect, but I'm excited about both of them.

I think Jensen-Gaunce-Kassian could be a top 6 line one day...1st line production might be a stretch to ask of Gaunce, but it isn't entirely out of reach for Jensen or Kassian.

I'd say Jensen's high end potential would be a Thomas Vanek type player and Kassian's would be a Ryan Clowe type player. I'd say those two guys are equally as valuable. Vanek averages .82 PPG, good puck skills, speed and size but not a physically dominating player. Clowe averages .66 PPG and is an intimidating physical presence. They are both similar in terms of value IMO, it just depends on what the team needs more.

Here is what I see their potential

Chance of becoming an NHL Regular (500+ career games)

Jensen 75%

Kassian 90%

Chance of become a bottom 6 player

Jensen 15%

Kassian 40%

Chance of becoming a second line player

Jensen 30%

Kassian 25%

Chance of becoming a first line player

Jensen 25%

Kassian 15%

Chance of become a star player

Jensen 5%

Kassian 10%

I think Kassian is more likely to stick around in the NHL but there is a good chance he will be a bottom 6 player. If Jensen makes it I think he will be a 1st or 2nd line guy. If they pull it all together, Kassian has more "star" potential.

I hate to use these guys as an example but like seguin will put up more points then lucic but his physical presence and he 50-60 points makes him a good asset seguin will probably eventually be 70-100 doesn't mean the gotta choose between them so in my opionion let's have both kicking ass haha

Archived