Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Jensen or Kassian?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
120 replies to this topic

Poll: Jensen or Kassian? (206 member(s) have cast votes)

Jensen or Kassian?

1. Jensen (110 votes [53.40%])

Percentage of vote: 53.40%

2. Kassian (96 votes [46.60%])

Percentage of vote: 46.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

I'd go with Jensen too, I just don't think Kassian will live up to his hype. Right now Jensen is your top prospect, but in the long-term my money is on Gaunce to make the biggest impact at the NHL level.

Depends if Brendan's skating can reach NHL levels IMO. I think skill wise he's already pretty good but he was critiqued as not being the strongest skater.

Jensen for offensive upside, but Kassian could be more of an impact player.

I'd agree with that-- impact doesn't necessarily have to mean score as many big goals or get as many points, but Zack in the playoffs when he's developed can really make a difference down low and his hits should also help him to be a strong shift disturber who can allow guys like Jensen to utilize their skills.

I think regular season-wise, Jensen should regularly be the bigger star scorer (like Naslund) but Zack could score big goals in the playoffs as well esp. when it really counts and his sheer aggression and size allow him to bull through the trenches (and don't think that the big hits he delivers won't leave their mark!).

Edited by g@m3b0i, 18 October 2012 - 07:10 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#32 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Someone alluded to Jensen being a Vanek-esque player which I whole-heartedly agree with. However, Kassian is the player we need to get through the grind of the West. You look at every single team in the west and for the most part they have big guys who can ware the opposition down.

We don't have that type of player who bangs, can score and can fight. Ryp (RIP) was slowly becoming that guy who could do all three but was too small to ever crack the top 6. If Jensen can develop his physical game, then I might say Jensen, but because I have been in touch with people on Twitter in regards to Kassian, everyone has said he's impressed.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#33 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

I agree Jensen offensive is stronger Kassasin toughness Gauice leadership and provide offense when needed

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#34 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Jensen is gonna be the one putting up the numbers so he will get more credit. Kassian will have the intangibles, a key part of a win, but statistically he will be behind.
Cassels

#35 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,839 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

I love Jensen.

-Big
-Fast
-Can Score
-Good Leader

Man.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#36 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

I'm not as high on Kassian as some people are. His low level of play last year lowered my expectations of him. Hopefully he can change that.

I can see Jensen becoming a good 2nd liner.

He is only 21 buddy, and had only played a handful of games in the NHL...he has all the tools, the right attitude, and a good mgmt group developing him. At worst he will be a very important 2nd liner.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 18 October 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#37 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,846 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

I still believe Jensen will be the better player. He's got the star qualities.

I do think Kassian will be a fan favourite, probably a great physical second liner. He may be like Clutterbuck?

I think you nailed it. Clutterbuck but with more of an offensive touch?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#38 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Jensen is gonna be the one putting up the numbers so he will get more credit. Kassian will have the intangibles, a key part of a win, but statistically he will be behind.

Agree. Alot of people here are saying have all three on the same line down the road (and also jumping the gun alot on Gaunce. I like the kid too but come on guys, he hasn't even been to a training camp yet. lol

But, assuming he does make it I would expect to see

Winger, Schroeder, Kassian
Jensen Gaunce Winger

vs all three on the same line

#39 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,438 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Assuming this year there is no NHL hockey.

It is going to be perfect chemistry building for Sweatt/Rodin - Schroeder - Kassian.

All of these guys can easily be NHL ready next season.

Jensen
Schroeder
Kassian
Sweatt
Rodin

Possibly:
Mallet
Friesen

That camp is going to be a battle.

#40 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

It is going to be perfect chemistry building for Sweatt/Rodin - Schroeder - Kassian.

Jensen
Schroeder
Kassian
Sweatt
Rodin

Possibly:
Mallet
Friesen

Yeah, I say Kassian and Jensen are locks for next season, Schroeder should either make it next season or be used in a package.. I hope Rodin puts on a lot more weight, he could be a real good player then.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#41 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

He is only 21 buddy, and had only played a handful of games in the NHL...he has all the tools, the right attitude, and a good mgmt group developing him. At worst he will be a very important 2nd liner.

Like, I said, hopefully he can change my expectations of him with a good year.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#42 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,725 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

Jensen
Schroeder
Kassian
Sweatt
Rodin

Possibly:
Mallet
Friesen

I understand the value of Clutterbuck, also where u suggested Kass also has a bit better offensive touch. But it needs to be quite a bit better.

If Kassian has topping 34 points as his target for an NHL lifetime high, I hope you stop suggesting he line up on our 2knd line. I believe he will be a lot better than Clutterbuck.

I think you nailed it. Clutterbuck but with more of an offensive touch?

#43 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,846 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

I understand the value of Clutterbuck, also where u suggested Kass also has a bit better offensive touch. But it needs to be quite a bit better.

If Kassian has topping 34 points as his target for an NHL lifetime high, I hope you stop suggesting he line up on our 2knd line. I believe he will be a lot better than Clutterbuck.

What I meant was, Kassian could bring the PHYSICALITY that Clutterbuck provides, but Zack will have more of an offensive touch, so not topping 34 points, but more like 50-60 points.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#44 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

I'm not as high on Kassian as some people are. His low level of play last year lowered my expectations of him. Hopefully he can change that.

I can see Jensen becoming a good 2nd liner.

Kassian is a really young guy and last year was his first year of experience in the NHL. The transition is always easy for some guys. Lets also not forget that the team as a whole went through a bad stretch at the end (and into the playoffs) the season where there really wasn't many players that played up to their level. Kassian showed promise, and if he works hard like it has been rumoured he has the reward will be great. Give him a few years and we could have a great asset to the team - even if he doesn't crack a top 6 role he would be great for 3rd line role.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#45 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

If I had to choose...Jensen.

But I'm glad that we have both.

#46 bure10fan

bure10fan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Thats a toughy. both going to be unreal players. jensian

#47 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Jensen - Gaunce - Kassian

I can't wait for that line.

I'd prefer to throw in some savvy vets and throw out something like:

____ - Schroeder - Kassian
Jensen - Gaunce - _____

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#48 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,220 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

I'd prefer to throw in some savvy vets and throw out something like:

____ - Schroeder - Kassian
Jensen - Gaunce - _____

Jensen - Gaunce - Kassian would be a dominant force if they all develop properly.

#49 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Kassian. He is the type of player you need for the playoffs in today's NHL. Just look at the last 3 winners. All were tough hard hitting teams.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#50 numb3r 16

numb3r 16

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

i think that kassian is better cause jensen has never played in the nhl
and kassian has more experience

:bigblush:

24n09c8.jpg

#51 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 79,187 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Or....

Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian ::D

I voted for Kassian.

307mg00.jpg

#52 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

I have no faith in Kassian. Jensen could turn into a good 2nd liner.

#53 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,846 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

I have no faith in Kassian. Jensen could turn into a good 2nd liner.

So, you've lost faith in a prospect who's only 21 and has played just 44 NHL games? You're probably one of those people who expected Kassian to score a hat trick each game since he got here. I have three words for you:

Give. him. time.

#54 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Enjoy it because you may never get to see magic like this again.

#55 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Jensen = Franzen

Kassian = Not sure yet. He could end up a 2nd, 3rd or 4th liner.

Right now Jensen is ahead.

#56 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian
LaBate - Gaunce - Rodin

Max out the prospects in the top 6!!!!

Here's what I would do:

Draft William Carrier in this years draft with our 1st round pick (hopefully!!)

- Gaunce may not be a bonified 1st liner but Jensen and Kassian will help increase his production and he will bring things to that line that Kassian and Jensen don't

Rodin - Schroeder - Carrier

- I secretly think that Rodin and Schroeder have a bit of chemistry, and that if both play at there best, they would be dynamite together, and adding a player with size, speed and great offensive ability in Carrier would only make it better.

zackass.png

#57 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

It's hard to predict the future with these two great kids.

But I would say that Kassian has much much bigger upside. If he really develops his skills and power game, he's going to be so dominant. And having a top guy with a mean streak will be a good sight to see.

Jensen will be great. I think he uses his size really well in protecting the puck. Got a great shot with a goal scorer instincts. These traits are great to see in a prospect. Hopefully he really learns to be a pro, which means producing consistent effort day in day out. He seems to be becoming more consistent and defensively aware. Great to see.

Gaunce, I think is a great two way centre. I think if he were to become a useful NHLer, it would be for his two-way play and defensive details, not really his offense. He has a killer of a shot, but I think this gritty type of defensively sound play will be very valuable to the canucks.

Schroeder is falling down the pool rankings for sure. Connauton looks like he's ready for the big show. Tanev is silky smooth as usual. Rodin definitely looks improved from last season. Really hope these guys can develop well.

#58 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,220 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Kass had a hell of a fight, and is very tatted up. he cut open his knuckle on the other kid's face, threw some ice on it and didn't miss a shift after getting out of the box. kid's a beast.

#59 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

I watched Kassian tonight against the Heat. WOW. Skates well, aggressive, big, hits, excellent passer and soft hands. Reminded me very much of Bertuzzi back in the WCE days. He is the total package.

Edited by canucklehead44, 20 October 2012 - 12:47 AM.

Sig too big.

#60 Garrett-6

Garrett-6

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Hopefully will become the new...

Naslund - Morrison - Bertuzzi

was just gonna say that .... west cost express, the next generation
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.