Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Jensen or Kassian?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

Poll: Jensen or Kassian? (206 member(s) have cast votes)

Jensen or Kassian?

1. Jensen (110 votes [53.40%])

Percentage of vote: 53.40%

2. Kassian (96 votes [46.60%])

Percentage of vote: 46.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

I think some people need to let up a bit on Gaunce, I don't see him being an impact player more of a solid 3rd line centre with 2nd line upside.

#92 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,654 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Gaunce is only 18...He's still got two more years in junior after this one.

Don't even bother trying to project his potential. It's WAY too early.

As for Jensen and Kassian, I think that half a season in the SEL and half a season in the AHL should give them enough seasoning to make the big club. If things go the way the owners want, we're gonna need cheap young talent next season to fill in the gaps of players we'll have to trade. So it's best to get a jumpstart on these guys this season.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#93 Thunder Bunnies

Thunder Bunnies

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Jensen, Kassian, and Gaunce will be the future for the Canucks.

#94 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,716 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Gaunce is only 18...He's still got two more years in junior after this one.

Don't even bother trying to project his potential. It's WAY too early.

As for Jensen and Kassian, I think that half a season in the SEL and half a season in the AHL should give them enough seasoning to make the big club. If things go the way the owners want, we're gonna need cheap young talent next season to fill in the gaps of players we'll have to trade. So it's best to get a jumpstart on these guys this season.

Interesting take. Why do you see being traded out of necessity? Edler?

#95 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Jensen or Kassian wont be traded, we need youth and upcomers and those are the 2 who look like they should be solid players for us, Schroeder could be trade bait but I'm not sure his value is high

#96 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,716 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Wasn't asking you Brah.

#97 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,654 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Well if the cap goes down to 59 million, then we're gonna need to shed about 12 million at least.

So the obvious trade that everyone assumes will happen is Luongo, which would shed 5.3 mil. But that still leaves about 7 million, and that's without even factoring in Burrows, Higgins, and Edler's raises. So I mean, we're gonna have to probably trade Ballard or Edler, and either trade Booth or let Raymond and Malhotra go (which is most likely).

And even after all that, it still might not be enough. So we're gonna need at least two young guys to step up into the top 9 and make an impact. And we're gonna need Connauton to step up, and be ready to take Ballard's spot. And then of course, have Lack become the backup for Schneider.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#98 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Well if the cap goes down to 59 million, then we're gonna need to shed about 12 million at least.

So the obvious trade that everyone assumes will happen is Luongo, which would shed 5.3 mil. But that still leaves about 7 million, and that's without even factoring in Burrows, Higgins, and Edler's raises. So I mean, we're gonna have to probably trade Ballard or Edler, and either trade Booth or let Raymond and Malhotra go (which is most likely).

And even after all that, it still might not be enough. So we're gonna need at least two young guys to step up into the top 9 and make an impact. And we're gonna need Connauton to step up, and be ready to take Ballard's spot. And then of course, have Lack become the backup for Schneider.

If the cap goes down like that there will be rollbacks on contracts or something, there is no way either side would agree to it I dont think, there would be very few teams that are below it and all the top teams (and most teams, not just the top teams) will be destroyed.

There would have to be some kind of rollback situation for that to happen, I personally doubt it will but who knows at this point.

zackass.png

#99 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,716 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

Yeah, fair enough.

I know it's an unpopular opinion on here, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Edler let go, just because he could still bring in a big return in regards to prospects and picks.

Malhotra I think might pull a Baumgartner and retire early to move into some kind of management/coaching/scouting role with the team.

Burrows I think stays, not too sure what happens with Higgins or Raymond, but I do think one or the other winds up leaving.

#100 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,716 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

...and not gonna get into Ballard's future with the club. It's been done to death.

#101 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,217 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

As to the DeNiro/Bookie convo up above, there are some obvious choices if it's really forced (Luongo @$5.3M, Ballard @$4.2M, Raymond @$2.3M, Malhotra @$2.5M). I agree with Smashian that if the cap goes down significantly, there will also be either a rollback or increase in escrow withheld that wouldn't affect the cap to bring everything at least close to the range needed.

Teams could still have to make moves, but I think Edler wants to be here and we'll do whatever we can to keep him.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#102 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Woah! Kassian is catching up!

#103 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Kassian and Jensen are both doing well with their respective clubs. Kassian - 5GP 3 G's 1A. Jensen - 14GP 7G's 2A's
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#104 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

What I meant was, Kassian could bring the PHYSICALITY that Clutterbuck provides, but Zack will have more of an offensive touch, so not topping 34 points, but more like 50-60 points.

I'd like more points than 34 from Kass, but as you said the physicality, and intangibles that Clutterbuck can bring is something that I want from Kassian. I'd trade quite a bit to get Clutterbuck over here, teach Kassian few things.
Posted Image

#105 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Zack had a bad game tonight. Off the scoresheet and a -3. Also, gave a very weak backcheck effort on Peoria's third goal. He was really floating on that one. Check it out for yourself at about 1:15 mark. It was a pitiful effort by Zack and not the kind of stuff you want to see

He looked good in spurts last year but still needs to show more consistency.

Edited by gradin123, 26 October 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#106 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,271 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Both. One day these two players will be on the same line and will be the new west coast express.
Posted Image

#107 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

Gonna bump this, now that Kassian is playing in the AHL and Jensen in the NHL...

#108 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

I think they are both good YOUNG prospects. If Kassian can reach his potential, he will have a huge impact on this team, although he will take longer to develop. Jensen looks like the real deal as well.

#109 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Jensen for offensive upside, but Kassian could be more of an impact player. I think he's more sound defensively, and we know he's got toughness in spades too. Plus, he's showing a lot of maturity in his dedication to training.

I don't want to have overly high expectations for either prospect, but I'm excited about both of them.

I think Jensen-Gaunce-Kassian could be a top 6 line one day...1st line production might be a stretch to ask of Gaunce, but it isn't entirely out of reach for Jensen or Kassian.

Morrison produced less than Naslund and Bertuzzi, kind of like Burrows with the Sedins. If this line pans out, Gaunce will probably be in that same boat. He'll be the two-way guy that makes the line tick.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#110 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

I am looking forward to our new line of Jensen Gaunce Kassian in the future. They'll give other teams fits.. There is no better player there as they have slightly different games. Not sure how often Jensen will get a Gordie Howe hat trick, but I suspect Kassian will nab quite a few.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#111 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Like 99% of the people on here have even seen more than a preseason and a few highlights of Jensen playing hockey. Too early to wager a guess on any of this.

Unless Gillis screws up royally then it won't be Jensen OR Kassian, it will (should) be both.

#112 KB4

KB4

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

I'd probably say Jensen, but you can't really say anything at this point.
Posted Image
Credit goes to Canucks top scorer

#113 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Both: one plays left wing, one plays right (although Jensen can play both I believe). Why should we have to choose?

#114 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

I would love for these guys to play on the same line. Not unless Jensen works good with the sedins that is.

Edited by Danthecanucksfan, 01 April 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#115 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

One thing for sure is Jensen, Kassian and Gaunce better come through for MG. Because there sure ain't much else. Remember the Sedins are UFA after next season and have a chance of going the same way as Ohlund & Salo went...to the highest bidder. It's unrealistic to think different. The Sedins winning the Cup is a dream and why not follow in the Iginla footsteps.

Edited by Fred65, 01 April 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#116 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

One thing for sure is Jensen, Kassian and Gaunce better come through for MG. Because there sure ain't much else. Remember the Sedins are UFA after next season and have a chance of going the same way as Ohlund & Salo went...to the highest bidder. It's unrealistic to think different. The Sedins winning the Cup is a dream and why not follow in the Iginla footsteps.

I think it's more likely the Sedins go to play in Europe than trying the UFA market and going to the highest bidder.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#117 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

I think it's more likely the Sedins go to play in Europe than trying the UFA market and going to the highest bidder.

Could be but I recall Naslund saying that after so many years in the NHL he couldn't enjoy the SEL any more, but hey who knows. Where ever they go MG has to start developing a plan "B" now !

#118 brob89

brob89

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

This is a false dichotomy;
I want them both.

#119 marc2001

marc2001

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Kinda hard to tell with Jensen having little to no time on the Canucks so far.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#120 CanuckleHorse

CanuckleHorse

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

What hands down Kass why would you want a speed boat when you can have a battle ship?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.