The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5 guys burgers and fries

gmen81

I've been to Five Guys twice. For the value you're paying for quite a bit. The burgers are tasting, no doubt, but for the price I'd rather go to, say, White Spot or something and have a better dining experience. I do love their fries though. Just get a small...you'll receive more than enough for $3~.

Why go to the 'loops or Chili?? There's one in South Surrey/White Rock and from what I hear a new one is opening on Robson.

There is a 5 guys in south surrey next to the walmart. It's really good. Fat burger is super expensive and not all that good when I tried. There is another place in Vancouver called Max's burgers. One of my good friends came up with the menu and was the restaurant consoltant for it. Find some reviews. They are pretty good.

I dined at the 5 Guys in Grande Prairie, Alberta in August and, I must say, it was the best fast food burger I have ever eaten. The meal was not greasy, at all, although I'm sure the fat content was high. The fries were incredible and I couldn't eat them all. I highly recommend 5 Guys.

A close second is Burger Heaven in Grande Prairie. I think there is a location in New West, if I'm not mistaken.

Fat Burger in GP was terrible. Had to wait 20 minutes for our order and the place was dead. Burger was totally dry. Their onion rings were garbage, too... frozen, no doubt. I wish more places would make fresh onion rings!

So we have two reviews of the bacon/cheese that stand in conflict here, which just goes to show it's all a matter of personal taste.

I like the cheap ($5.99) burger at LA Grill in Richmond. Delicious and you get a few Greek style roasted potato quarters and a really fresh salad on the side. Place is always packed, so that speaks volumes.

Been looking to try 5 guys for a while now, since it opened in S Surrey. To chime in on a couple other places, Fatburger is just overpriced, tasteless crap.

Personally I'm a fan of Vera's Burgers.

Here's another burger that tastes amazing. It's from The Townhall Public House in Langley, SO GOOD:

TownhallBurger.jpg

Archived