Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ricciuti1

Luongo to Leafs (With Source)

35 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Most of B.C is still asleep, but here in Ontario the rumour is that Luongo will be traded to the Leafs once the CBA is all determined. It was announced on FAN 590 this morning by John Shannon from Sportsnet and HNIC. The right up is actually on www.hockeybuzz.com.

Thought I'd share this and hopefully it is not true, because I am really not sure what the Leafs have to offer that will help the Canucks in the immediate future (besides Gardiner and Kessel)

Not a chance in hell Luongo is going to the Leafs. I'll bet you my next paycheck. If Luongo gets traded it'll be to Florida. Keep dreaming Toronto fans

Not a chance in hell Luongo is going to the Leafs. I'll bet you my next paycheck. If Luongo gets traded it'll be to Florida. Keep dreaming Toronto fans

I also think Luongo will go to Toronto. He would fit perfectly on the team. A leaf fan would love the playoffs even if they get swept and Luongo can bring them to the playoffs. Don't know what we would get in return, hoping Colborne he is going to be something great.

toronto has nothing we want, and it makes no sense whatsoever.

toronto has nothing we want, and it makes no sense whatsoever.

gardniner colborn franson frattin lupul...Ya who'd want them. bunch of plugs and loids if you ask me.

Why does everyone think Lupul is so good? Hes had 3 good years so far spread out over his 8 year career. When he starts doing it consistently (back to back seasons) then maybe...

People think he is good because he IS good. His ppg while he's been healthy his whole career is pretty amazing. His injuries have really held down what could've been an amazing career. I personally wouldn't trade for him because of those same injuries though. It seems like a bit of Russian roulette whether you can expect a big season or no season from a player with his unique set of issues.

I made a bet long ago that if Luongo was going to be traded it would be to Toronto so this makes me happy except without a source its just another rumor.

I made a bet long ago that if Luongo was going to be traded it would be to Toronto so this makes me happy except without a source its just another rumor.

Maybe Gillis can pull out Phil Kessel Trade 2.0 with Burke being the recipient again of the established star player :P

with the way negotiations are going we won't know till fracking June anyways

Wasn't the whole 'deal in place for Luongo to the Leafs' thing a rumour months ago? Is Shannon running out of fresh material?