The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo to Leafs (With Source)

Ricciuti1

Hey guys,

Most of B.C is still asleep, but here in Ontario the rumour is that Luongo will be traded to the Leafs once the CBA is all determined. It was announced on FAN 590 this morning by John Shannon from Sportsnet and HNIC. The right up is actually on www.hockeybuzz.com.

Thought I'd share this and hopefully it is not true, because I am really not sure what the Leafs have to offer that will help the Canucks in the immediate future (besides Gardiner and Kessel)

I also think Luongo will go to Toronto. He would fit perfectly on the team. A leaf fan would love the playoffs even if they get swept and Luongo can bring them to the playoffs. Don't know what we would get in return, hoping Colborne he is going to be something great.

People think he is good because he IS good. His ppg while he's been healthy his whole career is pretty amazing. His injuries have really held down what could've been an amazing career. I personally wouldn't trade for him because of those same injuries though. It seems like a bit of Russian roulette whether you can expect a big season or no season from a player with his unique set of issues.

Archived