Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Luongo to Leafs (With Source)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#31 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,363 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Lu wants to win the cup. So why would he want to go to the Leafs?

And if the only deal to TO involved bringing back an overpaid player like Komisarek, MG definitely wouldn't do that deal. I still don't think TO has any pieces that we need (that they are willing to give up).

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

small.png CDC Puck - New York Rangers

#32 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Damien Cox wrote this morning the deal Gillis wanted was

Frattin, Bozak, Komisarek and a 1st for luongo. I'd do it.

All secondary players. I hope Rielly, JVR, Gardiner or Colbourne is coming back (I figure Kessel is untouchable)

#33 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,149 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

All secondary players. I hope Rielly, JVR, Gardiner or Colbourne is coming back (I figure Kessel is untouchable)

keep dreaming.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#34 canucktican

canucktican

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

with the way negotiations are going we won't know till fracking June anyways

God! Let's hope not :(

#35 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,569 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Already posted in both the Luongo discussion thread and the Luongo Rumour thread.

http://forum.canucks...0#entry10947846
http://forum.canucks...0#entry10948045

There's a reason why we have two pinned threads going for Luongo.

Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.