The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oh, deer: Woman calls North Dakota radio station to complain about 'irresponsible' deer crossing signs

lx Birdie xl

You know, I've often wondered how they know exactly where to put those signs...

I always have this mental image of a deer or moose on the wrong side of one and some cop or conservation officer hassling it: "And just where do you think you're going? The deer crossing was a quater mile back!"

I was living close to Seattle in my youth. My friends came down from Vancouver to visit me. We end up at a gas station to buy something and the lady behind the counter (twenty something) noticed my friend's accent and asked where we were from. Upon hearing, Canada. Her next question, OH!, Do you all live in igloos and stuff like that up there?? LOL, WTF? My friend played along and even described what his Igloo looks like.

I wasn't as surprised because I had been visiting and living there since elementary school but my friends talked about it for years.

I was living close to Seattle in my youth. My friends came down from Vancouver to visit me. We end up at a gas station to buy something and the lady behind the counter (twenty something) noticed my friend's accent and asked where we were from. Upon hearing, Canada. Her next question, OH!, Do you all live in igloos and stuff like that up there?? LOL, WTF? My friend played along and even described what his Igloo looks like.

I wasn't as surprised because I had been visiting and living there since elementary school but my friends talked about it for years.

Archived