The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Bird Just Hit My Window...

SkeeterHansen

A bird, I have no idea what kind, just hit my backyard deck window. I went to check what the noise was, and the bird was sitting on my deck. His left wing definitely looks injured. It seems to be unable to fly.

It doesn't seem afriad of me, because when I walked towards it he just sat there. I've been sitting on the back deck for about 5 mins now and he just walks around. I want to take him in to the house, but am unsure what to do.

Help!

Similar thing happened to me last week. Bird hit the window, I went out and it was just sitting there dumbfounded.

I watched it for a few minutes and it just looked really dizzy.. He actually almost tipped over but held himself up with his wing.

I decided to leave it for a bit. Checked on it in about 15 minutes and he looked more alert, but still remained still. Checked 10 minutes later and it walked about 5 feet. Checked 10 minutes later and the little dude flew off.

I figure maybe he had a bird concussion?

Reminds me of this call for help on CDC...

"K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!"

Archived