The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT- Wolves vs. Heat Weekend

Ryan Murray

The wolves really need to work on their special teams. The only reason they were in this game was because of Lack. So many odd man rushes and horrible defense all around. Their penalty kill is dysfunctional and their powerplay looks really lame.

I see their goalie's modeling his game after Tim Thomas.

Nice to see Kass have a good game again. Has some breakout issues sometimes that would give AV heart palpitations.

Schroeder's struggling (-2 tonight). He looked OK tonight. But 1 assist in 6 games for a 3rd yr guy - in front of Canucks mgt. won't bode well IMO. Maybe it's just bad luck and it'll even out over time.

Tanev is beast. Mallet is beast - watch out for the left :)

The D coverage was horrible tonight.

Lack was hot and cold. He obviously let in an ugly one, however it could have been alot worse with the piss poor effort that was put forth in front of him.

Kassian and Mallet brought the grit and the offense. But other than those two, the offense looked really pathetic.

Schroeder and Rodin were good battling for pucks, but both seem to have forgotten where the net is.

For a team that needed offense, I'm not sure why Arniel sat Sweatt, Haydar, and Friesen. Oh well, they're still 4-1. But they need to play alot better than that.

Was Sweatt in the press box? That couldn't be good for him for Canucks management.

Mallet is definitely a nice surprise. He can move, hit, fight and get his body infront of the net. He could be a 2 year project but we'll see a return from this kid no doubt.

Classic minor league game tonight with all the fights and rough n tumble play. Disappointed with some of our prospects, namely Schroeder and Connauton. Wolves will turn it around, have to stop getting scored on in the 3rd.

I also hope they manage their depth better next weekend, cause they have 3 games in a row.

And if tonight was any indication of how they respond to back-to-backs, they could be in trouble if they don`t manage things properly.

Ya, Schroeder thus far is scaring me a bit. If he's supposed to play in the Canucks top 6 in a highly competitive Western conference ..... I'm concerned. He gets eaten alive along the boards in the AHL, imagine him with the big guys in the NHL? Gillis needs to get a young centre in a goalie trade - just in case.

2 games in 2 nights and it showed...

Lack misread or overplayed a couple situations but otherwise kept a tired team in it....

Noticed Mallet despite limited playing time.

Kassian had a strong game and nice snipe.

Joslin IMO is soft, slow and coughed up the puck around the boards a ton. K conn will get sent up before this guy...

Schroeder looks like Brandon Reid 2.0. Not nhl ready and small...

Matheson, longpre and Tanev were also noticeable but that was about it.

Oh and Tim Thomas for the Heat had some physical play for a goalie.....

After watching these games I don't think Schroeder will ever make the NHL atleast for us... his hands and offensive ability aren't good enough to make up for his lack of size and he's far too small to be a checker. Who knows though.

Kassian looked sick once again.

I wish we had Baertchi.

Edit: Schroeder looks more like he's 5'6/7

Archived