The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Transferring to UBC

binkybonks

Just wondering if anyone knows how this works. I'm planning to transfer to UBC Vancouver next year. On the site it says the GPA they use to calculate will be taken from my 30 most recent credits. I will have completed 24 credits by the end of this year and in my second semester last year I completed 3 courses, receiving 9 credits. That puts me to a total of 33 credits (without counting my first semester last year).

They're calculating 30 most recent credits, but I have 33. How does this work and which classes will they use?

The problem is 'what is most recent?' My first semester last year I completed 12 credits, the second semester I completed 9 credits. This year my first semester I will have completed 9 credits, and my second semester will add 15. That's 24 credits being the most recent by the end of this present year. But the problem is there's NINE credits in the second semester of my first year. That in total gives me a total of 33 recent credits. There's THREE extra credits. That's the complication.

Off topic, but be prepared OP.

They're nice people. But I swear all of them come to class high. They laugh at every little thing. If the professor drops a pencil, BAHAHAHAHA, if the professor tries to move a projector, BAHAHAHAHHAHA, somebody says a nucleus can have more than one nucleolus (which is true), BAHAHAHAHAHA.

But like I said, nice people. Richmond kids do that too, but they're not nice. They are really arrogant. They laugh more so at peoples mistakes or when someone asks a question (dicks), whereas UBC kids laugh at every little thing (stoners). Stoners>dicks.

Surrey kids have no idea what's going on. They don't laugh at anything. I grew up in Surrey, maybe that's why I can't stand laughter?

Off topic, but be prepared OP.

They're nice people. But I swear all of them come to class high. They laugh at every little thing. If the professor drops a pencil, BAHAHAHAHA, if the professor tries to move a projector, BAHAHAHAHHAHA, somebody says a nucleus can have more than one nucleolus (which is true), BAHAHAHAHAHA.

But like I said, nice people. Richmond kids do that too, but they're not nice. They are really arrogant. They laugh more so at peoples mistakes or when someone asks a question (dicks), whereas UBC kids laugh at every little thing (stoners). Stoners>dicks.

Surrey kids have no idea what's going on. They don't laugh at anything. I grew up in Surrey, maybe that's why I can't stand laughter?

Archived