15 replies to this topic

#1 binkybonks

binkybonks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Just wondering if anyone knows how this works. I'm planning to transfer to UBC Vancouver next year. On the site it says the GPA they use to calculate will be taken from my 30 most recent credits. I will have completed 24 credits by the end of this year and in my second semester last year I completed 3 courses, receiving 9 credits. That puts me to a total of 33 credits (without counting my first semester last year).

They're calculating 30 most recent credits, but I have 33. How does this work and which classes will they use?

#2 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

why not contract UBC admission office?

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#3 binkybonks

binkybonks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

why not contract UBC admission office?

It's Friday night. 10:22PM. I'm curious as of right now and looking for responses. I would have contacted them if they were available.

#4 Sanj

Sanj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

they take your last 30 credits...I dont get whats hard to understand about that. Count back 10 courses from most recent to oldest.....those 10 courses

#5 binkybonks

binkybonks

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

they take your last 30 credits...I dont get whats hard to understand about that. Count back 10 courses from most recent to oldest.....those 10 courses

The problem is 'what is most recent?' My first semester last year I completed 12 credits, the second semester I completed 9 credits. This year my first semester I will have completed 9 credits, and my second semester will add 15. That's 24 credits being the most recent by the end of this present year. But the problem is there's NINE credits in the second semester of my first year. That in total gives me a total of 33 recent credits. There's THREE extra credits. That's the complication.

Edited by binkybonks, 19 October 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#6 6of1_halfdozenofother

6of1_halfdozenofother

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

You kids and your instant gratification. The world isn't going to fall apart just because you can't get your answer on a Friday night.

Here's a suggestion: wait until Monday. Call UBC Admissions. Question answered.
People who label others as bandwagoners, people who tell other people "how" to cheer for their team, "how" they should act or what they should wear to "support" their team, people who only want to hear positive thoughts and don't want to read about how the team can do better - these are people who are insecure and uncomfortable within their own skin.

I'll support my team the way I choose, thank you very much. You can choose to support your team the way you want to, and I won't judge you on it as long as you don't try to force your beliefs on me. I'll also be quick to point out where I think the team can do better, because identifying that there is a problem is the first step to fixing it; denying or ignoring a problem won't solve anything.

Go Canucks Go.

#7 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Take whatever courses gave you your last 30 credits? I have no idea what seems to be so hard to comprehend.

Or just call Monday like others have suggested.

#8 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Count the best 6 credits of those 9. You'll do great at UBC...
Posted Image

#9 Denguin

Denguin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

The problem is 'what is most recent?' My first semester last year I completed 12 credits, the second semester I completed 9 credits. This year my first semester I will have completed 9 credits, and my second semester will add 15. That's 24 credits being the most recent by the end of this present year. But the problem is there's NINE credits in the second semester of my first year. That in total gives me a total of 33 recent credits. There's THREE extra credits. That's the complication.

They'll take your BEST 30 credits, I'm pretty sure.

#10 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,457 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Take whatever courses gave you your last 30 credits? I have no idea what seems to be so hard to comprehend.

Or just call Monday like others have suggested.

He has 24 credits that are obviously in.

The previous term, he did 9 credits AT THE SAME TIME. This puts him at 33 credits.

He is asking how UBC will determine what 6 of the 9 in that term they will count.

It's not an obvious answer.
Moo

#11 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Off topic, but be prepared OP.

They're nice people. But I swear all of them come to class high. They laugh at every little thing. If the professor drops a pencil, BAHAHAHAHA, if the professor tries to move a projector, BAHAHAHAHHAHA, somebody says a nucleus can have more than one nucleolus (which is true), BAHAHAHAHAHA.

But like I said, nice people. Richmond kids do that too, but they're not nice. They are really arrogant. They laugh more so at peoples mistakes or when someone asks a question (dicks), whereas UBC kids laugh at every little thing (stoners). Stoners>dicks.

Surrey kids have no idea what's going on. They don't laugh at anything. I grew up in Surrey, maybe that's why I can't stand laughter?

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#12 CCF4E

CCF4E

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Off topic, but be prepared OP.

They're nice people. But I swear all of them come to class high. They laugh at every little thing. If the professor drops a pencil, BAHAHAHAHA, if the professor tries to move a projector, BAHAHAHAHHAHA, somebody says a nucleus can have more than one nucleolus (which is true), BAHAHAHAHAHA.

But like I said, nice people. Richmond kids do that too, but they're not nice. They are really arrogant. They laugh more so at peoples mistakes or when someone asks a question (dicks), whereas UBC kids laugh at every little thing (stoners). Stoners>dicks.

Surrey kids have no idea what's going on. They don't laugh at anything. I grew up in Surrey, maybe that's why I can't stand laughter?

What?!
What courses were you taking?!
Posted Image

Ehrhoff isn't from europe....

#13 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

What?!
What courses were you taking?!

Biology courses and organic chem. They laugh less in organic chem. I think we maybe onto something here.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#14 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

UBC is mean and they hurt my feelings.
Still can't get over how 89% isn't good enough to get into Arts.
Posted Image

#15 CCF4E

CCF4E

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Biology courses and organic chem. They laugh less in organic chem. I think we maybe onto something here.

Taking those exact courses right now. Strange haha
Posted Image

Ehrhoff isn't from europe....

#16 Connauton

Connauton

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Haha I got into arts with a 88 :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.