Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King of the ES

Checking In On Justin Schultz

181 posts in this topic

:lol:

Nice to see that you're not bitter.

And BTW, since the Canucks have "so many Justin Schultz types" on D - your words - is it just a coincidence that none are producing even on the same planet as Schultz has been?

I'm not bitter at all. I just find it annoying how people on here will do anything to hype up other prospects, while trying to talk down about ours. When really, most people on here probably had no idea who Schultz was until a few months ago.

Umm we have a D-core full of 30-50 point defensemen that play in the NHL. You know, the league the Canucks play in...

I'm not bitter at all. I just find it annoying how people on here will do anything to hype up other prospects, while trying to talk down about ours. When really, most people on here probably had no idea who Schultz was until a few months ago.

Barons game is in the second intermission. Schultz already has 2 goals. 6 goals and 12 points in 7 games

Poor ducks.

Fowler - Schultz

Sbisa - Lindholm

Gardiner - Anybody

They would have been set for the future.

Yep. I said before if Schultz was in the draft he would have gone 1st or 2nd overall.

It's like the Oilers got the first two picks of the draft.

Yeah, an 18 year old, and a 22 year old...

Some of you seem to be forgetting that Schultz is as old as Cody Hodgson...

And he's a rookie pro defenceman that's leading the AHL in points.

Yeah, nothing to take note of here, eh? I'm sure that Kevin Connauton would be doing something similar if the Wolves weren't already so stacked on D.

Amazing. Both PP goals, too. Becoming ridiculous.

Things are setting up very, very nicely in Edmonton. Good to see.

And he's a rookie pro defenceman that's leading the AHL in points.

Yeah, nothing to take note of here, eh? I'm sure that Kevin Connauton would be doing something similar if the Wolves weren't already so stacked on D.

See the point King? 22 year olds are 4 years removed from the draft, comparing them to 18 year olds is pointless, and hindsight is 20/20.

Yeah - king is pretty much just here to troll - if he ever was a Canucks fan, he has made that second fiddle to his hating on Gillis - he's obsesssed over hoping for Gillis failure.

Guy seems to be dominating in the ahl right now. Looks like he's nhl ready. I hate the oilers but man they have some good talent, after failing for all those seasons.

Surprise - king missed the point - has a very short attention span / problem following conversations - invariably spins off on tangents.

Schultz was drafted - when he was 18 like the rest of the kids - he went in the second round.

If Adam Henrique, who was drafted in the third round, after Schultz, in 2008, were drafted this year, he woud have been a first or second overall... but things don't work that way do they.

See the point King? 22 year olds are 4 years removed from the draft, comparing them to 18 year olds is pointless, and hindsight is 20/20.

It's actually good for the Canucks if you wanna put a positive spin on it for us.

The Canucks need teams in their division to challenge them to make them stronger for the playoffs. At the end of the season when we have all of our divisional play, the Canucks get lazy because they're not facing tough teams. Then we struggle in the first and second round because we face teams that have had to battle at the end of the season.

Having a strong Edmonton team, a strong Minnesota team, and an up and coming Colorado team is a good thing. No more free passes at the end of the season.

It's actually good for the Canucks if you wanna put a positive spin on it for us.

The Canucks need teams in their division to challenge them to make them stronger for the playoffs. At the end of the season when we have all of our divisional play, the Canucks get lazy because they're not facing tough teams. Then we struggle in the first and second round because we face teams that have had to battle at the end of the season.

Having a strong Edmonton team, a strong Minnesota team, and an up and coming Colorado team is a good thing. No more free passes at the end of the season.

Why so worked up?

I just made the point that Oilers got 2 great young players, Nail and Schultz.

I didn't even bring up Cody Hodgson or any other Canucks prospect.

There is no doubt Yakupov is going to be a superstar. If you've been watching what he's doing in the KHL you know this. Schultz looks like he's not too far behind.

Schultz was the 2nd most sought after FA Dman in July, after Suter.