Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

Well, that escalated quickly.

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#33 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

Except that you seem to be the only one who thought he was "slow, couldn't make a pass, and overall disinterested". Everyone else saw the passes he made and the hits he threw.

Or, I was the only one that was watching without a bias and/or was not scared to offer a "negative" opinion.

#34 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

POPULAR

Or, I was the only one that was watching without a bias and/or was not scared to offer a "negative" opinion.

Or, you just don't know jack. Even though I don't post in Prospects, I still read it. Kassian makes a bad play, "see I told you". Kassian makes a good play, "one pass/hit doesn't define a career". Doesn't sound very unbiased to me.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#35 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

now make me wanna go check out the Abbotsford heat game in nov vs Oklahoma... very slow start for eberle and hopkins though.. hopefully hall will dress as well..

#36 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,652 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

Now, as much as I'd love to continue to point out your bias and how you seem to be in denial about it, I have stuff to do today. Thank you King for making my transit ride entertaining :)

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#37 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,213 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Now, as much as I'd love to continue to point out your bias and how you seem to be in denial about it, I have stuff to do today. Thank you King for making my transit ride entertaining :)

yeah - I watched the Wolves game last night as well - couldn't help but hear all the raving about Kassian from Brad May and McLean - a "beast" who makes things happen, shed 15 pounds and has even more speed without losing any strength, good scoring upside, hits hard and people are scared of him, etc. They suggested that Mallet might find a lot of people looking to default to him in avoiding Kassian - Mallet too looked up to the challenge. Very impressed by his game last night. Looks like a great candidate for a third line center with a very balanced all-around game.
Scoring, hitting, fighting, and skating exceptionally well for a big guy - only King could find slow and indifferent while watching that.

Edited by oldnews, 21 October 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#38 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,213 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Schultz - who cares? And I say that in response to the implied whining from King that Gillis couldn't land him. Boohoo.
Good for Edmonton - he wanted to play with all those young guns and get his guaranteed ice time. Contenders don't give guaranteed ice time to anyone, let alone guys who hadn't even played an AHL game in their career. Yeah - playing with Eberle, Nugent Hopkins etc will result in some points. Good for the Oilers - if he wasn't going to sign here, I'm glad they got him.

#39 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Yup, probably cup contenders in the next couple years. All they need is a decent goalie.

LOL

love the cdc love fest over the oilers , a team with so many problems yet there 2 years from a cup
Posted Image

#40 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,986 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

This post exemplifies what your problem is.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,628 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

I guess the hype was for a reason.
Posted Image

#42 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

The general hockey discussion is really the Oilers discussion cause there alway seems to be some story relating to them in here

i understand some of you are like 14 and see young players as the way to go cause you can relate to them i guess

but there a long way away from a cup i mean they finished 2nd last rnh weighs like 60 pounds , hall is going to have an injury plauged career , yakupov is russian so if he doesnt book it to the khl now he will eventually

which leaves eberle , the only true player that will consistently make an impact

shultz is nothing right now ,hes never even played an nhl game so i dont understand the hype

yeah , good luck on that all star team 2 years from now

Edited by cIutch, 21 October 2012 - 11:37 AM.

Posted Image

#43 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,238 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

its great the oiler kids are dominating the ahl right now or at least they should with pretty much half of their nhl roster down there

its still tough to tell how good schultz is until he actually gets to the nhl because junior college and ahl hockey albeit competitive can easily been dominated by a player and then said player comes to the nhl and has little to no impact

#44 FullMetalOilDrum

FullMetalOilDrum

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

^
^
Uh-huh and the only reason Shultz is nothing is because the Canucks didn't sign him. RIGHT?

Edited by FullMetalOilDrum, 21 October 2012 - 12:41 PM.

Respect my favorite team, and I will respect yours.

#45 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

The general hockey discussion is really the Oilers discussion cause there alway seems to be some story relating to them in here

i understand some of you are like 14 and see young players as the way to go cause you can relate to them i guess

but there a long way away from a cup i mean they finished 2nd last rnh weighs like 60 pounds , hall is going to have an injury plauged career , yakupov is russian so if he doesnt book it to the khl now he will eventually

which leaves eberle , the only true player that will consistently make an impact

shultz is nothing right now ,hes never even played an nhl game so i dont understand the hype

yeah , good luck on that all star team 2 years from now

Dude you clearly have no knowledge about players. Didn't you make the Burrows thread?

You think Hopkins is going to weigh the same in 2 years? He made the NHL straight out of junior... most kids aren't 200 pounds as an 18 year old.

Yakupovs going to do nothing in a couple years?, when he's already scoring as much as Ovechkin and Malkin in the KHL? He's already made it clear he wants to play in the NHL, which is why he played in the CHL, which shows you know nothing again.

Hall will smarten his play up as he matures, and if not they can trade him, he's already a 60 point guy. I guess Salo was useless since he was injured way more then Hall.

Schultz is like Connauton 2.0. and has more points then anyone on our farm team, and he's a defenseman.

They also have Klefbom,Musil,Lander,Paajarvi, Teubert

I mean, Jensen and Lack haven't even played an NHL game yet, what's with their hype? They're complete busts too right.

Schneiders AHL success meant nothing also right? Oh wait..................

Are you just sad we didn't get Schultz?

:(

Edited by TheGame., 21 October 2012 - 12:57 PM.

Posted Image

#46 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Im pretty sure the Burrows thread was a different Clutch.

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

#47 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Oilers suck, they sucked last year, they will suck this year and they will suck next year.

#48 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Im pretty sure the Burrows thread was a different Clutch.

Was it, damn, oh well, lol. I'm not an Oilers fan, but they got some sick players and you've got to be naive if you think they won't start putting it all together in the next couple years.

Posted Image

#49 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,023 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Schultz - who cares? And I say that in response to the implied whining from King that Gillis couldn't land him. Boohoo.
Good for Edmonton - he wanted to play with all those young guns and get his guaranteed ice time. Contenders don't give guaranteed ice time to anyone, let alone guys who hadn't even played an AHL game in their career. Yeah - playing with Eberle, Nugent Hopkins etc will result in some points. Good for the Oilers - if he wasn't going to sign here, I'm glad they got him.

It was a smart move by him to go to Edmonton. They have the potential to win a bunch of cups in the future. Vancouver on the other hand is starting their decline.

#50 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,213 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Uh, or were you the only person wearing sh!t coloured glasses.

#51 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,213 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

It was a smart move by him to go to Edmonton. They have the potential to win a bunch of cups in the future. Vancouver on the other hand is starting their decline.

Aha.
He was smart to go there where he'll get playing time.
In Vancouver he would have had to compete for that.
Will mark your words on the decline claim though.

Best of luck with your cup in Buffalo. :bigblush:

#52 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,986 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

^
^
Uh-huh and the only reason Shultz is nothing is because the Canucks didn't sign him. RIGHT?

He never said Shultz is nothing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Tremendous start by Schultz!

Kid looks impressive but alot of players have entered the AHL or even the NHL with impressive stats. Nikita Filatov, Fabian Brunnstrom or even Jordan Schroeder at a point a game when he joined the Moose.

College kid who has never played pro is going to have some major adjustments to make to 82 games and the size and forechecking of pro players. So i would caution appointing him the next Shea Weber just yet.

I'm sure the Oil have a beauty prospect here......BC kid too.

Sucks Gillis couldn't sign him.

#54 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Scoring, hitting, fighting, and skating exceptionally well for a big guy - only King could find slow and indifferent while watching that.

Right, but I didn't watch last night's game, I watched last week's. And he didn't look good.

Carry on.

#55 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Good for Edmonton - he wanted to play with all those young guns and get his guaranteed ice time.

Wow, you actually buy the "guaranteed ice time" line by Gillis? That's rich.

If Schultz sucks, you can be pretty certain that Edmonton WILL NOT be playing him. I bet Wade Redden assumed that his ice time was pretty guaranteed, too. Edmonton tried harder to get him. They got Gretzky to call. They brought in Hall and RNH. Mike Gillis brought Alain Vigneault. Edmonton won. Imagine that?

#56 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,213 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Wow, you actually buy the "guaranteed ice time" line by Gillis? That's rich.

If Schultz sucks, you can be pretty certain that Edmonton WILL NOT be playing him. I bet Wade Redden assumed that his ice time was pretty guaranteed, too. Edmonton tried harder to get him. They got Gretzky to call. They brought in Hall and RNH. Mike Gillis brought Alain Vigneault. Edmonton won. Imagine that?

Why Did Justin Schultz Choose the Oilers?

"On the money side of the equation the current CBA did the Oilers a huge favour in the Schultz sweepstakes. First because of the restrictions on entry level contracts it put them on a level playing field with everyone else meaning that Tambellini, no matter how hard he tried, couldn't shoot himself in the foot with this deal. Secondly because the CBA outlines the minimum requirements for every bonus choosing a team where he would be instantly guaranteed ice time gives Schultz the best chance of capitalizing on the $2.85M available to him."

Some of the CBA ELC bonus parameters that would have been extremely difficult for Schultz to meet in Vancouver:

1) Top four among defence in ice time, aggregate or per game
2) Top three on the defence in plus/minus
3) Top two in blocked shots

http://www.coppernbl...oose-the-oilers

Wah, boohoo, Gillis didn't try hard enough... :unsure:

Edited by oldnews, 21 October 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#57 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Why Did Justin Schultz Choose the Oilers?

"On the money side of the equation the current CBA did the Oilers a huge favour in the Schultz sweepstakes. First because of the restrictions on entry level contracts it put them on a level playing field with everyone else meaning that Tambellini, no matter how hard he tried, couldn't shoot himself in the foot with this deal. Secondly because the CBA outlines the minimum requirements for every bonus choosing a team where he would be instantly guaranteed ice time gives Schultz the best chance of capitalizing on the $2.85M available to him."

Some of the CBA ELC bonus parameters that would have been extremely difficult for Schultz to meet in Vancouver:

1) Top four among defence in ice time, aggregate or per game
2) Top three on the defence in plus/minus
3) Top two in blocked shots

http://www.coppernbl...oose-the-oilers

Wah, boohoo, Gillis didn't try hard enough... :unsure:

choosing a team where he would be instantly guaranteed ice time

That's exactly what MIke Gillis didn't want to do, a long with at least 20 other teams. Gaurantee a unproven player ice time.

Personally that's fine with me. Too bad we didn't land him. I have no hate against Justin Shultz, it is a very nice quick start to his pro career.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#58 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,023 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Aha.
He was smart to go there where he'll get playing time.
In Vancouver he would have had to compete for that.
Will mark your words on the decline claim though.

Best of luck with your cup in Buffalo. :bigblush:

Please do.

#59 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

That's "trashing" him? Really?

I'm calling out the obvious hypocrisy of people saying "wait for the NHL!" with Schutlz, yet the Lucic comparisons and "beast mode!" comments to Kassian come out in spades if he scores. That's it.

Unrelated to thread but, when you mention "beast mode" are you sure you aren't talking about Kesler fans?

All the do is excuse him for his mistakes by mentioning his so called "beast mode" which for some reason has only been shown to us in one playoff series.
Sig too big.

#60 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Yakupovs going to do nothing in a couple years?,

where did i say that , he will do something

probably in the khl
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.