180 replies to this topic

#91 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,148 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

I don't wanna act like one of those fans that are trying to downplay this guy.

But he's playing with Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins. These guys are WAY too good to be in the AHL. He's just along for the ride with them, picking up 3 secondary assists (2 off Nugent-Hopkins) on the powerplay.

He has as many points as Eberle and RNH combined. This kid is good, especially for an AHL rookie.

#92 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

He has as many points as Eberle and RNH combined. This kid is good, especially for an AHL rookie.

This.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#93 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,470 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

props to him, but don't pump a rookie AHL rookie with a fast start.

Remember Magnuas Parjarrvi Svenson? Remember that dude? 5 points in his first NHL pre season game.

But none the less, an impressive start to his career. I also hope this thread dies out. I don't want to be reminded of this bailer.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#94 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

A really good fit for the Oilers.
And like DeNiro said - playing with guys like Eberle and RNH - point a game guys in the NHL - doesn't hurt.

A few people here might want to have a look at the Lake Erie roster... Come up with some surprising results.

Throw the twins on the Wolves (that is the quality of players we are talking about in those young Oil) and Kassian and Connauton might light it up at an alarming rate as well.

Anyway - I hope Schultz lives up to the hopes (I like Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal and Ottawa) but I'm not going to get caught up in king-sized whining about the fact he didn't sign here.

Edited by oldnews, 24 October 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#95 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Yup, probably cup contenders in the next couple years. All they need is a decent goalie.

How about Luongo :bigblush:
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#96 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,495 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Bolduc with another 2 goals tonight.

10 points in 5 games.

Beastin'

Your move Schultz.

I hope it stays like this with Bolduc and a d-man battling for the scoring title. :towel:

#97 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

How about Luongo :bigblush:

Luongo for Yakupov!

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#98 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Wow 9 points in 5 games. Damn you Schultz!

#99 austy

austy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

Anyway - I hope Schultz lives up to tihe hopes (I like Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal and Ottawa) but I'm not going to get caught up in king-sized whining about the fact he didn't sign here.

Amen, I don't get all the hate for Canadian teams.

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#100 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

10 points in 5 games.

Beastin'

Your move Schultz.

I hope it stays like this with Bolduc and a d-man battling for the scoring title. :towel:

Schultz just one point behind Bolduc, Hodgson, Foligno and Conacher for the AHL scoring lead. Two former Canucks in the lead!

#101 Greene02

Greene02

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

10 points in 5 games.

Beastin'

Your move Schultz.

2 points so far tonight after the first period.

...and it's not fair to Schultz to just point out that he's playing on a team with RNH and Eberle. He's an NHL ready prospect that has been by far the Barons best player. It's not even debatable. You watch the games and its clear. Realistically, Eberle and RNH have one had 2 games where they've looked like NHLers playing in the AHL. They haven't struggled but they haven't been dominant either. Schultz has.

Edited by Greene02, 26 October 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#102 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,179 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Hodgson now moving up in AHL scoring.
Posted Image

#103 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

Hodgson with 9 points meanwhile Kassian has 4.

Hmmmm.
Posted Image

#104 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,379 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

POPULAR

Hmmmm.

Hodgson's a year older and already played an entire season in the NHL.

Hmmmm.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#105 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,821 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Mark Mancari has 7 points - omg!!! - why did we let this guy go? Let the whining begin....

#106 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hmmmm.

Like DeNiro said Hodgson is a year older and has played a whole year in the NHL.

I thought it was already known that Hodgson is going to get more points than Kassian. Kassian, however, brings a different element to the team. How many fights has Hodgson been in? How many hits has Hodgson thrown? And as of right now Hodgson has 1 goal while Kassian has 3.

Don't be a female dog.

Edited by Nas19, 27 October 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#107 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Like DeNiro said Hodgson is a year older and has played a whole year in the NHL.

I thought it was already known that Hodgson is going to get more points than Kassian. Kassian, however, brings a different element to the team. How many fights has Hodgson been in? How many hits has Hodgson thrown? And as of right now Hodgson has 1 goal while Kassian has 3.

Don't be a female dog.

One goal. kay. 9 pts > 4 pts. 2.25 points more per game.

Cody is evidently the better player anyway.
Posted Image

#108 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,227 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Don't be a female dog.

Points > Hits and fights

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#109 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

This kid the next Bobby Orr or what. 10 points in 6 games and what is more notable is his 25 shots as a d-man

#110 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,379 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Points > Hits and fights

Not when we have one of the highest scoring teams in the league, but lack grit.

Oh, and Kassian brings all three.

Posted Image

#111 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,379 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

22 years old > 21 years old

I don't see why people can't seem to process that when they're comparing the two players.

Posted Image

#112 Rink on Renfrew

Rink on Renfrew

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

I find it hard to keep track of Hodgson. He moves so fast up the ice it's more of a blur.....

He also is really hard to push off the puck~

Let's face it. Cody will be a decent player in the NHL but with his lack of speed & size, he's not going to be anything more than decent. Kassian on the other hand can be a way more serviceable player in the bigs (just my opinion)

Back on track. Good for Justin, I'm sure he'll turn out to be a really good NHL'er. He's dominating the AHL and that's a good sign. Edmonton's got a gem. Although when the NHL gets started again I look forward to the Sedins making him look silly.

EDIT: Sorry don't know how that misquoting happend. No idea how to edit fix it. These are NOT Torts Rants words.

Edited by Rink on Renfrew, 27 October 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#113 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

22 years old > 21 years old

I don't see why people can't seem to process that when they're comparing the two players.

I absolutely get it. Hodgson is better than a player not even a year younger than he is. Also consider Cody has played a whopping 13 more professional games than Zack. That whole age argument sure fails when you recognize how many young players in the league are better than their older counterparts. Comparing age and coming to the conclusion one isn't as good as the other because he's 11 months younger is pretty weak
Posted Image

#114 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,379 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

I absolutely get it. Hodgson is better than a player not even a year younger than he is. Also consider Cody has played a whopping 13 more professional games than Zack. That whole age argument sure fails when you recognize how many young players in the league are better than their older counterparts. Comparing age and coming to the conclusion one isn't as good as the other because he's 11 months younger is pretty weak

I don't know how any intelligent person cannot decipher how a year more of development would make a player better.

Especially when you consider how much Hodgson has improved over the last 12 months. It was roughly a year ago that Hodgson was being questioned whether or not he could make the team. And then he went on to become one of the Canucks best forwards.

So to think that Kassian, a player that is at the same stage Hodgson was at only a year ago, is not as good, is stupid. Especially when you're basing it entirely on AHL stats.

Also, Hodgson's getting his points through assists from Foligno scoring on the powerplay; whereas Kassian is getting his points from scoring goals, while also being physically intimidating. It's not always just as simple as comparing points 1:1 when comparing two prospects...

Posted Image

#115 Greene02

Greene02

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

As an outsider to the situation, I think it's unfair to compare Kassian to Hodgson. That was a need over want trade. The reality of the situation is that Hodgson is likely going to put up more points and always have the higher value. However, Kassian brings a lot as a 2nd/3rd line player. He's won medals at the WJC and a memorial cup. He knows what it takes to win. As someone that spent a lot of time watching the Spitfires in Hall's draft year, I can honestly tell you that there were MANY playoff games where Kassian was the beat player on a team that had Hall, Henrique, Fowler, Ellis, Nemisz and Wellwood.

...and also keep in mind that the Hodgson that the Sabres are going to get is probably than the one the Canucks would have gotten because for whatever reason he just wasn't a fit in Vancouver. He needed a change of scenery.

...and while we're talking about players that aren't Schultz. Yakupov has 8 goals in 10 KHL games.

#116 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Wow buddy. We traded CoHo, get over it. Move on with your life. How about you try and be positive about the prospects we have now?

Points > Hits and fights

Kassian brings all 3. He gets points, he hits and he fights. Hodgson just gets points. And when you already have one of the highest scoring teams in the league points isn't as much of a concern. Kassian fills a need for the Canucks. Hodgson is something the Canucks have in excess of.

Get over the god damn trade already.

Edited by Nas19, 27 October 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#117 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

my god i hate how people are still whining about cody hodgson

get a life
Posted Image

#118 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Kassian < Hodgson < Schultz or Yakupov

Edited by ConnorFutureGM, 27 October 2012 - 10:49 PM.

#119 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

my god i hate how people are still whining about cody hodgson

get a life

One of the biggest debates still going on in Leaf land is the Kessel trade. Some trades are just playing bad and are hard to erase.

#120 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

lots of misguided thoughts here....

a power forward is not going to be an assist machine. (ie. will not generate points, but should get more goals)

a set-up center is not going to be a goal-scorer drive-to-the-net run you over type of player (ie. will not generate tons of goals, but should get more assists)

what part of that is not understood? seriously, what kind of fans are we? Both players seem to be doing what is expected of them (Kassian with more goals, Hodgson with more assists). And what is it with judgement based on limited data? how many games have been played in the AHL?

you guys really are suffering from the lockout, I am with you! but come on, chill a bit over the rapid judgements and panic or whatever you want to call it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.