The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Checking In On Justin Schultz

4 games against Colorado's farm team which sucks.

He got 3 secondary assists on the powerplay tonight literally standing at the blueline doing nothing. Not to mention he's playing with PPG NHL players. It's like us putting one of our prospects with the Sedins in the AHL.

Look, he's gonna be a good offensive defenseman. But I wouldn't brag so soon if I were you. There have been lots of young players that have lit it up in the AHL, only to fall flat on their face in the big leagues. He's not a bust, but he's definietly far from being a star at this point.

I don't wanna act like one of those fans that are trying to downplay this guy.

But he's playing with Eberle and Nugent-Hopkins. These guys are WAY too good to be in the AHL. He's just along for the ride with them, picking up 3 secondary assists (2 off Nugent-Hopkins) on the powerplay.

A really good fit for the Oilers.

And like DeNiro said - playing with guys like Eberle and RNH - point a game guys in the NHL - doesn't hurt.

A few people here might want to have a look at the Lake Erie roster... Come up with some surprising results.

Throw the twins on the Wolves (that is the quality of players we are talking about in those young Oil) and Kassian and Connauton might light it up at an alarming rate as well.

Anyway - I hope Schultz lives up to the hopes (I like Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal and Ottawa) but I'm not going to get caught up in king-sized whining about the fact he didn't sign here.

Archived