Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Checking In On Justin Schultz

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
180 replies to this topic

#181 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Yeah I think at this point the Oilers have got a nice core in the making; not much more need for youth. They may have to lose one of their forwards at some point but if Dubnyk keeps going the way he is I would say in terms of a core they are now where they need to be in terms of the right pieces. If they can't start pulling it together this season though I'm not sure what the problem is. I certainly don't think they are even close to being a contender yet but they should at lease be pushing for a playoff spot especially if Shultz is able to break into the lineup and Hall and RNH stay healthy.

I agree. They have terrific youth but need to mix the team up now with some strong vets and stay at home D and a top goalie. They are far from a cup and while terrific offensively, these players are:

1. Not big, Hall is but other than him they really have no size w offensive skill. We all know what that does in the playoffs
2. Lack of veterans with playoff experience. Smyth is terrific but aging and can't do it alone
3. Terrible D
4. Questionable goaltending.

They will need to part with a Gagner, Paajarvi, or even Eberle to swap out some skill for size.

If I were them, I would think of looking at a trade of something like

Gagner and Eberle for

Lucic and Hamilton, problem is Boston would ask for Yakopov and Schultz too! lol

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 05 November 2012 - 09:53 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.