The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Checking In On Justin Schultz

This whole guaranteed ice time thing is a bunch of BS.

Schultz chose the Oilers because it was the best option. I would have chosen the oilers too.

I always argued Schultz would chose Oilers

Ppl disagreed with me about this on CDC. They thought he'd pick Van. But the Oilers made the most sense for a number of reasons.

This whole guaranteed ice time thing is a bunch of BS.

Schultz chose the Oilers because it was the best option. I would have chosen the oilers too.

I always argued Schultz would chose Oilers

Ppl disagreed with me about this on CDC. They thought he'd pick Van. But the Oilers made the most sense for a number of reasons.

when Bertuzzi was 21 you could put him in Kassian's spot there.... worth the wait don't you think? (bad example I know cause Bert's game was completely messed up for 5+ years in my opinion due to some stupidity on his part and a lot of stupidity on everyone else's - not taking sides here, no old wounds please, just that it could have been set up to have never happened, that's all. rules of the game anyone?)

The quality of youth. Not just the age but the potential of those young stars and the team.

Also the Oilers need for a premiere DMan to build their D around. He just fits in EDM perfectly for so many reasons.

Another huge reason is that Schultz could grow and learn comfortably. He can make mistakes and still play 20 mins per game in all situations. This would not happen in VAN.

Yakupov is lighting it up against men as opposed to everyone in the AHL. There's clearly a much higher correlation between KHL success to NHL success than from AHL to the NHL.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yakupov, Eberle, Hall and RNH are all scoring at a point-a-game pace and 20-40 goals each next season. That's not to mention a 40 point defenceman from the blueline and some great secondary scorers like Horcoff and Hemsky.

The only reason they won't run away with multiple cups is their lack of a big, solid stay at home defenceman and a goaltender.

I don't know how any intelligent person cannot decipher how a year more of development would make a player better.

Especially when you consider how much Hodgson has improved over the last 12 months. It was roughly a year ago that Hodgson was being questioned whether or not he could make the team. And then he went on to become one of the Canucks best forwards.

So to think that Kassian, a player that is at the same stage Hodgson was at only a year ago, is not as good, is stupid. Especially when you're basing it entirely on AHL stats.

Also, Hodgson's getting his points through assists from Foligno scoring on the powerplay; whereas Kassian is getting his points from scoring goals, while also being physically intimidating. It's not always just as simple as comparing points 1:1 when comparing two prospects...

Wow buddy. We traded CoHo, get over it. Move on with your life. How about you try and be positive about the prospects we have now?

Kassian brings all 3. He gets points, he hits and he fights.Hodgson just gets points. And when you already have one of the highest scoring teams in the league points isn't as much of a concern. Kassian fills a need for the Canucks. Hodgson is something the Canucks have in excess of.

Get over the god damn trade already.

Archived