Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Ben Eager facing assault charges after Toronto bar fight

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#61 unknown33429

unknown33429

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

What specifically was wrong with what I said? Don't act like Romney and just dance around not getting into specifics. Here's why you're wrong on calling me out: I had not paid any attention to the Kassian BS before hand. However, as I had mentioned there were three articles I read after you responded, including the Sun, that mentioned absolutely nothing like how he described the Kassian situation. Now, either, these three articles are wrong and CDC is getting their information from some other legitimate source or you're all speaking out of your ass. Word of mouth. Some keyboard warrior described it this way therefore that's how it must have happened! Get real, lol. And here comes the bias part: Why is it okay for Kassian to get involved in this but then Eager does it and he's made out to be a bigger prick than he already is? Is it because Kassian is just a 'kid' who was 'provoked' despite absolutely no evidence suggesting that? Is it because Kassian is also a Canuck? Is it because everyone hates Eager from his Chicago days and for what he did to Daniel in the playoffs? I'm willing to bet it's to do with all three.

All barfights are not equal. Some can be more serious than other. Kassian was charged with assault, which can vary greatly in severity depending on various factors.

Assault causing bodily harm is more serious, since the injuries are more serious. Assault with a weapon is obviously more serious, and involves someone using a weapon or an object with the intent of it being a weapon.

Can you see the difference between the two cases,especially in light of the fact an ambulance had to be called in for the alleged Ben Eager assault?

Assuming these two situations didn't involve hockey players, I'd expect what Kassian did (punching someone in the face) to be a summary conviction, and what Ben Eager allegedly did to be an indictable offense. The two cases are only similar in that they involve hockey players, and a bar fight, but that's where the similarities end.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#62 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,015 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Sure; we should invite Kane to town for a drink with S.O.B. at the Roxy...

so true. Just like the story about Kane having a few drinks and enjoying life, if Canuck did that it would be fine but because it wasn't everyone here thought he had to grow up and be more mature.... :/

#63 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,437 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

I bet he can buy his way out of this mess.
Posted Image

#64 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm a member of CDC, and I would easily assume bias. Sorry, but the bulk of the userbase here is all too emblematic of the type who rioted in 2011. There are some very intelligent. reasonable, and well-spoken folks here, and that's why I keep coming back. But they are in the minority. Pile-ons happen everywhere on the Internet - they just seem to happen a little quicker around here.

That being said, I am absolutely loathe to be defending a hockey player like Ben Eager. But the original article and video reeked of spin, so I'd rather reserve my judgement of the situation until more facts emerge. For perspective - imagine yourself as a Minnesota Wild fan, making assertions about the character of Rick Rypien after the fan incident. Now imagine how you feel the following summer.

This, in spades. How many people here actually know (or knew) either Eager or Rypien? Or Kassian for that matter?

#65 Kevin-B

Kevin-B

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

From the vault I suppose but any updates on Eager?

#66 aznB

aznB

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'm tellin ya, Ben Eager mustve been sexually abused by his father as a child..

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.