Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[Fake GDT] Fake Season: Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings, 7:00 PM PST; Monday, October 22, 2012 - FINAL: 3-2 VAN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#1 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

FINAL SCORE: 3-2 Vancouver

Vancouver's Record: 5-1-0

Posted Image

You can catch the game here at our official Livestream channel.

Last Game:
VAN: Columbus 4 vs Vancouver 3

Posted Image

Fake SportsCentre: Highlights, Commentary, and More!

Be sure to watch The Stanchion's postgame highlight show, Fake SportsCentre, on his YouTube channel, TheStanchion: http://www.youtube.c...er/TheStanchion

And also check out Wyatt Arndt's blog at The Province.com for more fake season updates: http://blogs.theprov...ag/wyatt-arndt/

Go Fake Canucks Go!

Next scheduled game: Tuesday, October 23, 2012, Time TBA.

Edited by WeatherWise, 22 October 2012 - 10:13 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#2 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Remember, everyone, Monday and Tuesday are back-to-back games. The Canucks will be facing the Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday. That GDT will be up on Monday evening.

#3 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

POPULAR

You guys must really be missing hockey to bother with this..

Sad.

Come on guys, really?

It's a fun little project that a couple of die-hard Canuck fans have put together, for the benefit of all parties interested. Emphasis on INTERESTED.

I, for one, have found it much easier to get through the lockout because of this. It's been fun to watch.

Thank you Wyatt and WW. Some of us do appreciate your effort... :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the continuation of the fake road trip! Go Fake Nucks!

Edited by MaximYapierre, 21 October 2012 - 01:58 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#4 DocHouse

DocHouse

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

I certainly appreciate the effort. It may seem stupid to some, but it's a fun way to make the best of this crappy situation with the lockout. The fact that some of the real players are going along with the fake season (SUCK ON THAT EDDIE!) makes it all that more fun to watch :)

#5 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

I think it's awesome! It even got mentioned on sportsnet last night
Posted Image

#6 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

This is pretty awesome.

I appreciate it Wyatt

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 Vaseline

Vaseline

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

I actually do this myself every year i run a season based on the real one but I think its really cool that u have been posting it. GO NUCKS

#8 rest26

rest26

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

go nucks

#9 rest26

rest26

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

go nucks

#10 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,249 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

It really is quite petty of you both to be complaining about an effort to keep fans entertained during the lockout. This is a fun project meant to bring together fans and provide a form of entertainment while we wait for real hockey to begin again. One alternative would be to watch television during this time, but ultimately there is no difference. If fans wish to participate, they can, and we'd like to make it an option for them.

Again, it is senseless and hypocrital to waste your time complaining; for that matter, it is a waste for you to be here when there is no hockey to discuss. To be here simply to detract from the enjoyment of others is to be pathetically insensitive and ignorant. In fact, I'd argue much of anything you do during your own leisure time would really amount to the same result, whether it be wasting time on YouTube, posting on Facebook, or watching fictional television programs. Like "clutch" before you, the two of you clearly waste your time being here. One must ask why you'd rather devote your time to berating others instead of doing other things. You contribute nothing of any sort for others to enjoy, and only serve to generate negativity and to provoke others. That, in my opinion, is quite sad.

Your own words are tremendously ironic if you feel so upright about criticizing and complaining about others' efforts while doing nothing of your own in the name of others.

100% agreed, sir. +1.

I'm predicting a 3-2 win!

307mg00.jpg

#11 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

It really is quite petty of you both to be complaining about an effort to keep fans entertained during the lockout. This is a fun project meant to bring together fans and provide a form of entertainment while we wait for real hockey to begin again. One alternative would be to watch television during this time, but ultimately there is no difference. If fans wish to participate, they can, and we'd like to make it an option for them.

Again, it is senseless and hypocrital to waste your time complaining; for that matter, it is a waste for you to be here when there is no hockey to discuss. To be here simply to detract from the enjoyment of others is to be pathetically insensitive and ignorant. In fact, I'd argue much of anything you do during your own leisure time would really amount to the same result, whether it be wasting time on YouTube, posting on Facebook, or watching fictional television programs. Like "clutch" before you, the two of you clearly waste your time being here. One must ask why you'd rather devote your time to berating others instead of doing other things. You contribute nothing of any sort for others to enjoy, and only serve to generate negativity and to provoke others. That, in my opinion, is quite sad.

Your own words are tremendously ironic if you feel so upright about criticizing and complaining about others' efforts while doing nothing of your own in the name of others. You must feel quite proud of yourselves to try to bring down others and empty this forum of any positivity during the lockout. This venture is about contributing a positive experience for people to enjoy, one that was sparked by the thoughtfulness of a few fans. If you can not appreciate it, glance over it as you spend time browsing the rest of the forum.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... that got quite the reaction. My post means exactly as it reads. You guys must really be missing hockey to bother playing out a fake season. I'm not saying you shouldn't be doing it. I couldn't care less. And while I wouldn't go as far as calling it "sad", I do think it's a bit silly. But please, proceed. I shan't bother you again.

I think it's awesome! It even got mentioned on sportsnet last night

Real Sportsnet or Fake Sportsnet?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa... that got quite the reaction. My post means exactly as it reads. You guys must really be missing hockey to bother playing out a fake season. I'm not saying you shouldn't be doing it. I couldn't care less. And while I wouldn't go as far as calling it "sad", I do think it's a bit silly. But please, proceed. I shan't bother you again.

It can be a bit goofy, but that's where some of the fun stems from. We aren't here to take it too seriously, as you can tell from the tone of TheStanchion's "Fake SportsCentre" presentations. There is a cheekiness to it, which likely is what gives the project its appeal; we can draw humor from it, but also derive some actual intensity from the simulated hockey and results, which gives it quite a tremendous dynamic and duality.

There are other simulated seasons occurring around the league at the moment, but we'd like to claim that this was one of the, if not the, original to manifest itself after the initial lockout announcement.

Real Sportsnet or Fake Sportsnet?

We were quite pleasantly surprised when John Garrett mentioned the "Fake Canucks Season in Canuckland" when discussing Eddie Lack during last night's Wolves broadcast.

Edited by WeatherWise, 21 October 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#13 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

whats our record so far?

#14 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Go fake Canucks Go :towel:

#15 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

whats our record so far?

The team is currently 4-1-0. We're all still awaiting news of potential trades with Colorado, Calgary, and Nashville. Will we actually be able to acquire a star for that Ballard + Raymond + pick combination? We'll find that out soon!

Edited by WeatherWise, 21 October 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#16 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

POPULAR

NOTE :

Upon request, we've deleted some negative comments that added nothing to the thread. Everyone is entitled to express their opinion but, honestly, isn't it easier just to give the thread a miss if you're not interested and it's not for you? If you walked into a department store and didn't like the shirts they had you wouldn't throw them on the floor or go complain to the sales clerk that she's lame - you'd leave and try someplace else. The same should apply here. People are investing time and energy in this project and some are enjoying their efforts. So please, if you aren't interested in participating simply move on.

Thanks.

Posted Image

#17 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

NOTE :

Upon request, we've deleted some negative comments that added nothing to the thread. Everyone is entitled to express their opinion but, honestly, isn't it easier just to give the thread a miss if you're not interested and it's not for you? If you walked into a department store and didn't like the shirts they had you wouldn't throw them on the floor or go complain to the sales clerk that she's lame - you'd leave and try someplace else. The same should apply here. People are investing time and energy in this project and some are enjoying their efforts. So please, if you aren't interested in participating simply move on.

Thanks.

This could be said about a lot of posts in a lot of threads, but well said Deb. :)
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#18 The Purple Panda

The Purple Panda

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

This could be said about a lot of posts in a lot of threads, but well said Deb. :)

Yes but other threads dont have people working this hard on "a project." These guys are spending hours doing this.

Go Fake Canucks!

Jensen > Kassian
Gillis dropped the ball on the Hodgson trade.
If Kassian ever becomes a 30 goal scorer I will pierce my nipples.

#19 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

A reminder: Our stream begins at 6:50 PM PST tonight.

#20 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

NOTE :

Thanks.

This is an excellent example of a great moderating decision that was explained perfectly.

CDC is lucky to have such brilliant scouts:

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#21 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Can I ask an obvious question?

what is the point of a fake GDT?

Seriously, I don't get it, and an honest/real question

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 22 October 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#22 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,881 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Can I ask an obvious question?

what is the point of a fake GDT?

Seriously, I don't get it, and an honest/real question

to discuss the fake game, duh.

#23 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,881 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

A reminder: Our stream begins at 6:50 PM PST tonight.

will there be a replay, for those of us who have to take their wives out shopping for maternity bras and then go canvassing for baby items? if not, i guess I'll have to watch the fake sportscenter.

#24 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

You'll have to tune in to Fake SportsCentre to see the highlights. The results themselves should be available here in this thread. Hope to have you join us for tomorrow night against Sidney Crosby and company!

Edited by WeatherWise, 22 October 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#25 KillerOrca

KillerOrca

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Go Fake Canucks GO
Posted Image

#26 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Game time in one hour. Our stream starts at 6:50 PM tonight.

#27 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

3-2 Vancouver win! The Canucks had a 3-1 lead, but Detroit pulled within one goal in the last three minutes of the third period. Eddie Lack played a tremendous game, stopping 32 of 34 shots. Daniel Sedin, meanwhile, scored twice, while Henrik continued his point streak with two assists tonight.

One criticism would involve Edler's game tonight. He had 2 assists, but looked sluggish, and allowed opposing attackers to skate right past him at times.

Thanks for tuning in, everyone.

Edited by WeatherWise, 22 October 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#28 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

3-2 Vancouver win! The Canucks had a 3-1 lead, but Detroit pulled within one goal in the last three minutes of the third period. Eddie Lack played a tremendous game, stopping 32 of 34 shots. Daniel Sedin, meanwhile, scored twice, while Henrik continued his point streak with two assists tonight.

One criticism would involve Edler's game tonight. He had 2 goals, but looked sluggish, and allowed opposing attackers to skate right past him at times.

Crap! I was at the gym and I missed the game! Screw my pre-New Year resolution, I'm not missing another. :bigblush:

Sounds like it was a good one. Definitely making sure I tune in tomorrow! Looking forward to Fake SportsCentre!!
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#29 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,639 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

One criticism would involve Edler's game tonight. He had 2 goals, but looked sluggish, and allowed opposing attackers to skate right past him at times.

How did Daniel and Edler have two goal games if it was 3-2?

Either way, glad to see another fake win!

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#30 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

How did Daniel and Edler have two goal games if it was 3-2?

Either way, glad to see another fake win!

Sorry, he had two assists, both on Daniel's goals. Henrik had the first assists on both goals. Mason Raymond, meanwhile, had the other Canucks goal, scoring his first of the season.

Edited by WeatherWise, 22 October 2012 - 08:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.