Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lorentjd

Kostitsyn hopes lockout lasts all season...

10 posts in this topic

When Ovechkin says it, he's doing it to put pressure on the NHL. When Kostitsyn says it, given his poor attitude, he probably means it.

Neither of them are doing anything to help their cause. They're part of a union that should be at least trying to get the support of fans over to their side. It makes me sick to say this but at this point the NHL is more likable than the NHLPA.

i fully understand Kostitsyn, in canada they look down upon gang and mafia ties so weird, what a backwards country.

Per Myself, Kostitsyn has an open invitation to kiss my ass at his earliest convenience

Neither of them are doing anything to help their cause. They're part of a union that should be at least trying to get the support of fans over to their side. It makes me sick to say this but at this point the NHL is more likable than the NHLPA.

While his comments aren't to be looked on favourably, saying it as it is in the OP without any context is misleading. What he said was if the NHL really doesn't want to make a deal, they should just call the whole season rather than keep cancelling it in portions. That would allow the players to make more definitive plans for this year.

He's saying that he'd rather have a full season lock out, than a short one every five years. And I really can't argue with that...