The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Automotive Enthusiast Thread

Mr. White

Lol that's literally the same car as the OP, just re-badged

Subaru and Scion co-developed it. I've heard mixed reviews on it, but haven't driven it

Ya but Subaru badge > Scion badge.

Plus I'm looking forward to the Subaru STI version of the BRZ.

As for my favorite cars: Aston Martin DB9

webopt-db9-04.jpg

Incredibly unlikely I'll ever have enough money to own one, but saw the race version at an ALMS race in Portland and fell in love with the beauty of the design and the sound of that massive engine

Audi RS4 Avant

2013-audi-rs4-avant-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-460566-s-429x262.jpg

Everything you could want in a car with the 400hp wagon would be fun around a track, and still could be used to run to costco afterwards

Tesla Roadster

tesla-roadster-lead.jpg

A vision of the future. Tesla sets the benchmark for what electric cars need to be. More of a proof of concept, hopefully electric technology can advance to become commonplace one day

I'm not sold on electric cars^

They're completely impractical. Technology is still off 10 years.

Impractical for long distance drives yes. But for the majority of people, all they do is commute and get groceries, which can stay within any range limitation they have.

I agree the tech is still off, but I feel its getting closer and closer to becoming feasible.

Impractical for long distance drives yes. But for the majority of people, all they do is commute and get groceries, which can stay within any range limitation they have.

I agree the tech is still off, but I feel its getting closer and closer to becoming feasible.

So how about when you run out of power.. Do you want to wait 8 hours to charge or if you're lucky 30 minutes? Even that's a stretch..

So how about when you run out of power.. Do you want to wait 8 hours to charge or if you're lucky 30 minutes? Even that's a stretch..

Well hopefully the infrastructure will help by having electrical "gas stations" if not there are high flow options for re charging I believe which can re-fill the car in 30 minutes. Also, the technology is still developing so range and recharge rates should be improving.

On a 300 mile or so range, which is just shorter than I have in my car currently a half hour break after that much driving is probably a good thing

Well hopefully the infrastructure will help by having electrical "gas stations" if not there are high flow options for re charging I believe which can re-fill the car in 30 minutes. Also, the technology is still developing so range and recharge rates should be improving.

On a 300 mile or so range, which is just shorter than I have in my car currently a half hour break after that much driving is probably a good thing

5 to 10 years before they are widely used and the technology is perfected. I'll stick to my gas powered car.

Don't get me wrong electric is cool, the sheer amount of torque is amazing

Archived