The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Automotive Enthusiast Thread

Mr. White

Would the acura rsx type s be a good car to start with?

I'm not a fan of ricers, but it should be solid. Tons of replacement/upgrade parts available for acuras and hondas. Make sure you get someone experienced with cars to go with you when checking out a used car as many can have problems that aren't obvious to an untrained eye

Now for something completely different.

The 1985 Yugo GV,

yugo.jpg

From Time.com:

Malcolm Bricklin, he of the Bricklin SV1, wouldn't be satisfied until he had forced every American to walk to work. To that end, in 1985, he began importing the Yugo GV, which turned out to be the Mona Lisa of bad cars. Built in Soviet-bloc Yugoslavia, the Yugo had the distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint. Interestingly, in a car where "carpet" was listed as a standard feature, the Yugo had a rear-window defroster — reportedly to keep your hands warm while you pushed it. The engines went ka-blooey, the electrical system — such as it was — would sizzle, and things would just fall off. Yugo. Or not.

Read more: http://www.time.com/... #ixzz2AMAOQ5Dv

:lol:

The 1985 Yugo GV,

yugo.jpg

From Time.com:

Malcolm Bricklin, he of the Bricklin SV1, wouldn't be satisfied until he had forced every American to walk to work. To that end, in 1985, he began importing the Yugo GV, which turned out to be the Mona Lisa of bad cars. Built in Soviet-bloc Yugoslavia, the Yugo had the distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint. Interestingly, in a car where "carpet" was listed as a standard feature, the Yugo had a rear-window defroster — reportedly to keep your hands warm while you pushed it. The engines went ka-blooey, the electrical system — such as it was — would sizzle, and things would just fall off. Yugo. Or not.

:lol::sadno:

I

And my Taurus is an 01' nothing sportsy about it.

I had a 00 Taurus SE for 7 years. Thing was a tank. Never spent a single dollar other than regular maintenance. Put 175k Kms on it. Traded it in on a Fusion couple years ago. Was sad. But the Fusions nice.

Yeah for dream car the Mercedes CL63 AMG is hard to beat. The CL65 is faster but a bit too overkill. And you can actually park it without idiots messing with it unlike most dream cars.

I had a 00 Taurus SE for 7 years. Thing was a tank. Never spent a single dollar other than regular maintenance. Put 175k Kms on it. Traded it in on a Fusion couple years ago. Was sad. But the Fusions nice.

Yeah for dream car the Mercedes CL63 AMG is hard to beat. The CL65 is faster but a bit too overkill. And you can actually park it without idiots messing with it unlike most dream cars.

Meant to quote your post but +1'd you instead, lol.

I've had it 1.5 years and have only had my timing belt replaced, great car. However, I'd like a more fuel efficient car..

This is my beauty, A 1991 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue. Just cresting the 148 000 Km mark.

91ChryslerNewYorkerFifthAvenue.jpg

Few years ago I used to hate old American cars like this but now that's just stunning, such a cool car now. How'd you keep it only at 148k. That's less than my 97 Mazda MX6 which I just passed 160k in.

The 1985 Yugo GV,

yugo.jpg

From Time.com:

Good old Yugo I mean Bentley Mulsanne

:lol: Good old Clarkson.

I'm not sold on electric cars^

They're completely impractical. Technology is still off 10 years.

I'm with you, Armada.

Electric cars are a great idea and they will be beneficial to reducing greenhouse gas production. However, BC's electrical grid, and the grids of most other regions, are already taxed to the max. Where are we going to get the electricity for all of these battery operated cars?

I live in Dawson Creek, BC. It is about an hour away from the W.A.C. Bennett Dam in Hudson's Hope, BC, the 17th largest dam in the world.This dam produces the majority of power for BC and holds back the water of BC's largest lake, Williston. How many more of these types of projects can our environment sustain? Our government is currently planning the Site C project further down the Peace River to help produce more electricity to make BC self-sufficient. Electric cars will certainly eat up a large chunk of this power. Are there other options to look at, too? Solar? Wind? Chipmunk?

Discuss.

Archived