The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Automotive Enthusiast Thread

Mr. White

Compensation.

Believe it or not some of actually own or want to own fast cars because of the enjoyment of driving/fixing them or the appreciation of their looks and character, not for the sole purpose of showing off. Not that a little extra attention is a bad thing.

To answer the original question about sports vs luxury cars, it's pretty much just personal preference. Most people want comfort and performance, but some people lean more to the comfort side and some people lean to the performance side. You don't need to be speeding excessively or street racing to feel the power under the hood or the slick handling. For example you can enjoy the torque and acceleration of an engine without even breaking the speed limit. Also I would say that most people with high performance cars do end up bringing them to the track at some point.

Believe it or not some of actually own or want to own fast cars because of the enjoyment of driving/fixing them or the appreciation of their looks and character, not for the sole purpose of showing off. Not that a little extra attention is a bad thing.

To answer the original question about sports vs luxury cars, it's pretty much just personal preference. Most people want comfort and performance, but some people lean more to the comfort side and some people lean to the performance side. You don't need to be speeding excessively or street racing to feel the power under the hood or the slick handling. For example you can enjoy the torque and acceleration of an engine without even breaking the speed limit. Also I would say that most people with high performance cars do end up bringing them to the track at some point.

Captain-Obvious-T-Shirts.png

^ Thank you.

She's over the moon about this car. Only cost me $6,000 too! Now i'm getting the "see you later, i'm going for a spin" lol. Thanks for the input guys, it helped me make the leap considering i'd never had a VW before. The woman is already talking about selling her Acura and making this the all year 'round vehicle. Has a monster been created??

(p.s. New turbo with more boost coming in the mail by ((so it says)) december 21. Appropriate Christmas gift? LOL!!)

^ Thank you.

She's over the moon about this car. Only cost me $6,000 too! Now i'm getting the "see you later, i'm going for a spin" lol. Thanks for the input guys, it helped me make the leap considering i'd never had a VW before. The woman is already talking about selling her Acura and making this the all year 'round vehicle. Has a monster been created??

(p.s. New turbo with more boost coming in the mail by ((so it says)) december 21. Appropriate Christmas gift? LOL!!)

Haha awesome Christmas present: "Here baby I got you a new turbo!" :lol: Also that's a great deal considering the KM's

Also, why not but something with 4WD if it's for winter driving? Like maybe an old Subaru or something?

I would die to have a Subaru right now.

STI <3 .

But for the moment my front wheel drive does me well in the snow. Much better than RWD.

• 3 months later...

Guys. What's your thought on the Fiat 500 Abarth.

Abarth to Fiat as is AMG to Mercedes.

The car is fully tuned to be a little race car. For $24,000 you get a Turbocharged 4cylinder engine producing 160hp and 170torque for a 0-60. Super fun car to drive, I'm really considering getting one as my 2nd car in the next few weeks.

Sounds like sex, I want it.

I'm sure it'd be a fun little hot rod to drive, but there's just something that won't let me drive a 500, ever. To me its like an Italian Beetle and too small to be practical. In that type of market, I'd rather have a Polo/Golf or Fiesta.

Plus, as with all Fiats, you're probably going to get to know "Tony" more than you'd like

Archived