231 replies to this topic

#181 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

I'm sure it'd be a fun little hot rod to drive, but there's just something that won't let me drive a 500, ever. To me its like an Italian Beetle and too small to be practical. In that type of market, I'd rather have a Polo/Golf or Fiesta.

Plus, as with all Fiats, you're probably going to get to know "Tony" more than you'd like

:lol: Fix it again tony,

Reliability and efficiency is last on my list.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#182 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,832 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

:lol: Fix it again tony,

Reliability and efficiency is last on my list.

Really? Cause the power of the engine isn't going to matter if it can't start

Not saying you should just buy the most reliable, boring car, but it should be taken into account

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

#183 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Follow the BananaMash system. If you need a vehicle, buy a Jeep YJ Wrangler. They're like the lego of the car world, you can make any changes to them and they last forever.

Spend $4,000 to get a good YJ, and use the rest of your money on alcohol and skimpy women.

Posted Image

#184 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Follow the BananaMash system. If you need a vehicle, buy a Jeep YJ Wrangler. They're like the lego of the car world, you can make any changes to them and they last forever.

Spend $4,000 to get a good YJ, and use the rest of your money on alcohol and skimpy women.

Bro, with a YJ and a decent lift kit you won't NEED to spend money on skimpy women.

#185 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Posted Image

Pretty much my car. '93 Mustang hatchback.
Mines actually a 2.3L, but it has the 5.0 body pieces. It has the slotted rear lights too.
Doesn't have black rims either, but I do like the looks of it...

Edited by Jägermeister, 10 April 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

#186 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Posted Image

Pretty much my car. '93 Mustang hatchback.
Mines actually a 2.3L, but it has the 5.0 body pieces. It has the slotted rear lights too.
Doesn't have black rims either, but I do like the looks of it...

Well you probably should then.
Posted Image

#187 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Well you probably should then.

I would if it weren't for my crippling debt.
Posted Image

#188 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

I would if it weren't for my crippling debt.

Grab a can a black spray paint :lol:
Posted Image

#189 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Bro, with a YJ and a decent lift kit you won't NEED to spend money on skimpy women.

I'm removing my body lift and replacing it with a new suspension lift this summer. Looks like I'm in for an exciting future! B)

Edited by BananaMash, 10 April 2013 - 04:45 PM.

Posted Image

#190 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

I'm removing my body lift and replacing it with a new suspension lift this summer. Looks like I'm in for an exciting future! B)

So you're gonna look like this guy?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#191 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

So you're gonna look like this guy?

Posted Image

I don't know about you, but my panties dropped. My tires are a little bit more aggressive than his are, because they're brand new mud tires.

I like his pants though, dat tuck.

Posted Image

#192 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Was actually considering a YJ for myself, how do you like yours? I'm especially concerned about reliability since I don't have much money for repairs (and I wanna spend the money on mods anyways hehe).

Also if you don't mind me asking how much of a lift you're running now and what suspension kit you're planning on getting? Could't you just leave both kits on?

#193 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Was actually considering a YJ for myself, how do you like yours? I'm especially concerned about reliability since I don't have much money for repairs (and I wanna spend the money on mods anyways hehe).

Also if you don't mind me asking how much of a lift you're running now and what suspension kit you're planning on getting? Could't you just leave both kits on?

I love it. I've got the Standard Transmission, if you look into it don't bother trying to find an automatic transmission. They have too many problems, and the standards are better build in general.

I've got a 1994, and it's got 365,000 KM on it now. It's still got the original engine which runs fine, original clutch and transmission.The clutch is starting to wear a bit, but that's minor. Even if I had to get a new engine, rebuilt YJ engines can be had for under a thousand.

As far as repairs go though, you can't get much cheaper than a Jeep. If you can't find the part you need at a junkyard, the parts brand new are always super cheap. The most expensive thing I've replaced is the brakes which weren't even that bad. Everything is easy to replace yourself, I've only ever been to the mechanic to get it checked when I first bought it.

I've got a 2.5" body lift on it right now, and I'll probably get a 2.5" suspension lift too. I need the clearance for my tires. I would leave the body lift it, but it's in bad shape. The previous owner broke it (it came with the lift) offroading, and one of the spacers fell through. I've got it fixed right now, but it's more of a temporary fix than a permanent solution.

I could leave both on, but the body lift is in bad shape and I don't want to lift it too much because that makes it that much easier to roll.

Edited by BananaMash, 11 April 2013 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

#194 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

Not sure what people think is so appealing about a Fiat.

#195 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Not sure what people think is so appealing about a Fiat.

Its a European thing.
Posted Image

#196 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

All the cars I've owned in the order I've owned them. None of these are mine just pics or appropriate make, model, year.

1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass S
Posted Image

1967 Dodge Dart
Posted Image

1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
Posted Image

1974 Oldsmobile Omega
Posted Image

1970 Buick Skylark

Posted Image

1991 GMS Sonoma Xtra-Cab
Posted Image

1987 Ford Bronco II
Posted Image

1994 Ford Explorer XL
Posted Image

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4
Posted Image

2001 Isuzu Rodeo
Posted Image
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#197 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Wow

Posted Image

#198 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

I would also like to add another which truly needs to be mentioned here.

1966 Shelby Cobra

Posted Image

just had to say it: That isnt a real Shelby, its a kit car.

Posted Image

#199 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

just had to say it: That isnt a real Shelby, its a kit car.

Speaking of kit cars.

Would anyone ever buy a Ferrari kit car or any other?

Just look at this one

Edited by Armada, 24 April 2013 - 11:30 PM.

Posted Image

#200 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

Another Electric for you all to bash:

2013 Tesla model S. Pure electric. The equivalent of 416 hp 443 lb-ft. 1/4 mile in 12.6 sec. 480 km range. Can be charged from a regular 120 volt wall outlet, 240 volt outlet or high amperage 240 volt speed charger.

This car is not a test bed. They have delivered over 5000 2013 models so far and expect to have 25000 by the end of the year. There is a 3 month waiting list to get one. About 70 have been delivered in Vancouver and there is now a Tesla service center on Commercial drive. it isnt a sales center, just where the cars for local buyers are prepped for delivery and for service

Prices range from $77k to $125k. Luxury, performance,cutting edge tech and zero emmisions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#201 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

Posted Image
2009 Audi A4.
I have 6,500 saved up for my car already so in 2 years I'm going to buy the 2007 model, used of course.
Posted Image

My dream car would have to be this though,
Lamborghini Reventon, although it could get smoked by a $50k supra I love my bulls.
Posted Image
The 350z would be a fun car to,
Posted Image

Edited by Machine Gun Kelly, 25 April 2013 - 12:10 AM.

Posted Image

#202 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

Another Electric for you all to bash:

2013 Tesla model S. Pure electric. The equivalent of 416 hp 443 lb-ft. 1/4 mile in 12.6 sec. 480 km range. Can be charged from a regular 120 volt wall outlet, 240 volt outlet or high amperage 240 volt speed charger.

This car is not a test bed. They have delivered over 5000 2013 models so far and expect to have 25000 by the end of the year. There is a 3 month waiting list to get one. About 70 have been delivered in Vancouver and there is now a Tesla service center on Commercial drive. it isnt a sales center, just where the cars for local buyers are prepped for delivery and for service

Prices range from $77k to $125k. Luxury, performance,cutting edge tech and zero emmisions.

Posted Image

interesting. i've been looking at electric since the gov is installing those fast charging stations and providing those electric vehicle subsidies, but damn are they still expensive. considering how much they are and how fast the tech is moving, it's better to lease one for the next few years.

the tesla - looks nice ish. in general though, i really don't get how sedan = luxury.
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#203 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

the tesla - looks nice ish. in general though, i really don't get how sedan = luxury.

Sedan doesnt equal luxury. High quality materials, fit and finish, leather everywhere, power everything, quad zone climate control, glass roof, all add up to luxury. You can have luxury in any body style.

Yeah, being an early adopter of tech is a lot easier when its a $600 iPad vs a $80,000 car. This is the first year of this car, Teslas plans for longer range and shorter recharge times are moving forward so many changes are yet to come. Elon Musks plans include colonies on Mars so he has no problem with pushing tech quickly. Would you really want to dish out that cash on this car to find next years model has double the range and half the recharge time? Itd have a sting to it. But if I was wealthy enough Id buy one.

Edited by Offensive Threat, 25 April 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image

#204 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Does anyone here own or have direct experience with an '11/'12 S5?

#205 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

I love it. I've got the Standard Transmission, if you look into it don't bother trying to find an automatic transmission. They have too many problems, and the standards are better build in general.

I've got a 1994, and it's got 365,000 KM on it now. It's still got the original engine which runs fine, original clutch and transmission.The clutch is starting to wear a bit, but that's minor. Even if I had to get a new engine, rebuilt YJ engines can be had for under a thousand.

I could leave both on, but the body lift is in bad shape and I don't want to lift it too much because that makes it that much easier to roll.

original clutch after 365k km? wow.
and yeah, my aunt flipped her rav while going down a snowy embankment. careful on that high center of gravity.
btw, how can you tell that the clutch is wearing?

Its a European thing.

i see a ton of fiats out and about now. did you ever get it?
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#206 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

and yeah, my aunt flipped her rav while going down a snowy embankment. careful on that high center of gravity.

Yeah, original everything. I'm working on the exhaust right now because it's a little bit warn out and a bit of the tailpipe is missing (lol). Jeeps flip easy, I try my best to not be in a situation where I am able to flip it. My mud tires are beyond useless in the snow. As for the clutch, it doesn't feel like it's engaging as quickly as it was before. I asked my Dad to try it too, and he also noticed.

Posted Image

#207 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, original everything. I'm working on the exhaust right now because it's a little bit warn out and a bit of the tailpipe is missing (lol). Jeeps flip easy, I try my best to not be in a situation where I am able to flip it. My mud tires are beyond useless in the snow. As for the clutch, it doesn't feel like it's engaging as quickly as it was before. I asked my Dad to try it too, and he also noticed.

hmm.. ok, so it's mainly speed on the switchover then that you noticed? i'll have to watch out for that.

meh. who needs a tailpipe? j/k. i had rust so bad on my tailpipe and muffler that my muffler fell off after a bump along king ed. dragging the squealing muffler for a block made for a sparkly and squealing show. B)

#208 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

hmm.. ok, so it's mainly speed on the switchover then that you noticed? i'll have to watch out for that.

meh. who needs a tailpipe? j/k. i had rust so bad on my tailpipe and muffler that my muffler fell off after a bump along king ed. dragging the squealing muffler for a block made for a sparkly and squealing show. B)

What I mean more so than that is, I notice it takes longer while pushing in the pedal for the clutch to take it out of gear, and when letting the clutch back out it drops in sooner... I don't really know how to describe it, but you'll know the feeling. The clutch pedal feels looser.

Posted Image

#209 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

What I mean more so than that is, I notice it takes longer while pushing in the pedal for the clutch to take it out of gear, and when letting the clutch back out it drops in sooner... I don't really know how to describe it, but you'll know the feeling. The clutch pedal feels looser.

ahhhh.. i see. ok, yeah, that's a good description, thanks bm. :)

#210 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

i see a ton of fiats out and about now. did you ever get it?

No, for the length of terms/price for me would be unpractical for me. Maybe when I'm older and can afford 2 cars. Currently looking to get a new 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer($21k + 10 year warranty) or a used 2007-08 VW GOLF GTI ($14k - $18k) with less than 100,000km's.

Still hands down my favourite car in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZ7g2GjvlY

Edited by Armada, 29 April 2013 - 10:48 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.