Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Do you believe in ghosts?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you believe in ghosts?

Do you believe in the paranormal/afterlife/ghosts?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,628 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hey hey hey, lets not bring Ol' Saint Nick into this. :sadno:

How about instead of trying to prove skeptics that ghosts DO exist -- which is always the case. How about the skeptics show absolute concrete evidence that ghosts DON'T exist. That should be good. :)

Show me absolute concrete evidence that I don't have an invisible, untouchable, magical Tyrannosaurus rex in my backyard.

The moral of the story is that the burden of proof is on the one making the claim, not the skeptic.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#62 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

Show me absolute concrete evidence that I don't have an invisible, untouchable, magical Tyrannosaurus rex in my backyard.

The moral of the story is that the burden of proof is on the one making the claim, not the skeptic.

Yeah pretty much, there really is no way for anyone to be convinced unless they have firsthand experience with said phenomena.

@WHL Rocks, it has long been taken into account that the orbs in pictures are merely dust particles along with the other claims that article had, but that only answers a small handful of the claims.

#63 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

@WHL Rocks, it has long been taken into account that the orbs in pictures are merely dust particles along with the other claims that article had, but that only answers a small handful of the claims.

Should you manage to debunk my Santa photo, know that it is also one of many. There is a long way to go before debunking Santa.

#64 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Alright, here's the thing my fellow Canucks fans...

I stated in my first post that I never really had a paranormal experience, I actually use to say I didn't believe in any of it either. What made me believe is accepting the fact that not everything in this world is explained, and that ghosts are something that can very well be real.

I'm not sure if you all hold the notion that science has explained everything there possibly is -- that you will only believe in spirits if a scientist puts a data sheet on an overhead and says "Okay, this is the scientific truth about spirits."
I'm not dissing science in any way, science is a great thing, and has explained a lot of the worlds mysteries. I'm just saying it's not really hard to believe that there's still quite a bit of mysteries that are still unsolved.

Lastly, I'm not trying to change anyones belief -- nor do I really want to. If you believe, awesome; if you don't, that's fine too. I just started this topic to kill some time until this lockout ends. :)

#65 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'm watching ghosts on TV right now!..The BC Lions, It's like they just disappeared...

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#66 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

I'm watching ghosts on TV right now!..The BC Lions, It's like they just disappeared...

Now THAT'S easy to believe LOL.

#67 BringBackTheMinus

BringBackTheMinus

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

The Sedins are ghosts in the playoffs

So yes i believe in ghosts
New York Rangers.
L1 Krieder/Stephan/Frolik –D1 Schultz/Girardi
L2 Wolski/Marchand/Johansson – D2 Teubert/Philips
L3 McMillan/Connolly/Sheppard – D3 Gudbranson/McIlrath
L4 Weal/Bourque/Lindberg – G Bernier/Lotz

Connolly and Sheppard both 81 overall each can be had for a 3rd round pick

#68 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,165 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

The Sedins are ghosts in the playoffs

So yes i believe in ghosts

You obviously didn't see Henrik in this years (although short) playoffs.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#69 BringBackTheMinus

BringBackTheMinus

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

You obviously didn't see Henrik in this years (although short) playoffs.

I saw the ghostly twins in the cup finals awhile back, but Chara scared them away for good

Silly Stamkos.
New York Rangers.
L1 Krieder/Stephan/Frolik –D1 Schultz/Girardi
L2 Wolski/Marchand/Johansson – D2 Teubert/Philips
L3 McMillan/Connolly/Sheppard – D3 Gudbranson/McIlrath
L4 Weal/Bourque/Lindberg – G Bernier/Lotz

Connolly and Sheppard both 81 overall each can be had for a 3rd round pick

#70 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Ghosts? Pfft. What a bunch of Swamp Donkeys!
Posted Image

#71 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

I'm not sure if you all hold the notion that science has explained everything there possibly is -- that you will only believe in spirits if a scientist puts a data sheet on an overhead and says "Okay, this is the scientific truth about spirits."
I'm not dissing science in any way, science is a great thing, and has explained a lot of the worlds mysteries. I'm just saying it's not really hard to believe that there's still quite a bit of mysteries that are still unsolved.

Same for Santa Clause. Science can't explain all the world's mysteries, so who are they to say he doesn't exist.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.