The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Gilbert Brule released from contract with Zurich

Szymon Szemberg@Sz1909_Szemberg

NEWS: Gilbert Brulé as expected released from his contract with Zurich. The former 1st rounder had no goals since start of season.

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports

Gilbert Brule 1st over-all pick in WHL draft - 6th over-all in NHL draft and it could be all over at age 25.

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports

In 14 games with the ZSC Lions in the Swiss league, Brule had no goals and 6 assists before Marc Crawford cut him.

Jeff Angus@anguscertified

Such a shame Gilbert Brule was rushed to the NHL by Columbus. Same goes for Oscar Moller in LA. Two of my favorite WHL prospects.

Wonder what is next for him. Such a promising young prospect.

Train his ass off, shift his attitude from being a goal scorer to more of a utility player, and he just might be a viable piece for any NHL team.

He isn't a bad player, I just don't think he knows what his role is anymore..

Maclean ruined his career in Columbus by rushing him.

I heard MaC say once that Brule was his son's top choice for the draft. His son really wanted Mac to take Brule with the 6th overall. I think his son was around 10. Not sure but i remember something like 10 or 12.

Maclean ruined his career in Columbus by rushing him.

I heard MaC say once that Brule was his son's top choice for the draft. His son really wanted Mac to take Brule with the 6th overall. I think his son was around 10. Not sure but i remember something like 10 or 12.

Archived