61 replies to this topic

#31 iinatcc

iinatcc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

I heard MaC say once that Brule was his son's top choice for the draft. His son really wanted Mac to take Brule with the 6th overall. I think his son was around 10. Not sure but i remember something like 10 or 12.

So does this make him The Jimmy Carter of the NHL? :lol:

#32 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,621 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Wondering if that broken leg in season one essentially broke his spirit. Hasn't been the same since.
Posted Image

#33 DezzyBeygass

DezzyBeygass

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

I see the canucks giving him a shot at some point, maybe sending him down to the wolfs and re-building his carreer all over agian? w
hy not

#34 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Hopefully he just go all hardcore-mode training during the off-season (or this lockout shortened season)... basically just train with Gary Roberts.

It's doubtful he will be a top-6 player in the NHL, but he can be a very good 3rd line centre in the league. When drafted, he was expected to be a Darcy Tucker style player. A guy who give 100% every night, plays physical for his size, and decent on both end of the ice. We all know he has the skills, so obviously it's just a mental/work ethics problem.

His greatest success in his hockey career has been in Vancouver, so maybe him playing in front of a more supportive crowd with family/friends might give him a boost.
To put things in perspective, when Burrows was the same age as Brule, he was still toiling in the AHL/ECHL.

#35 Nuck-Shot

Nuck-Shot

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Needs to find a utility role and contribute on a good team as depth. Get time playing various roles.... Quit being viewed as soft

Edited by Nuck-Shot, 27 October 2012 - 05:08 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 Nuck-Shot

Nuck-Shot

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hopefully he just go all hardcore-mode training during the off-season (or this lockout shortened season)... basically just train with Gary Roberts.

It's doubtful he will be a top-6 player in the NHL, but he can be a very good 3rd line centre in the league. When drafted, he was expected to be a Darcy Tucker style player. A guy who give 100% every night, plays physical for his size, and decent on both end of the ice. We all know he has the skills, so obviously it's just a mental/work ethics problem.

His greatest success in his hockey career has been in Vancouver, so maybe him playing in front of a more supportive crowd with family/friends might give him a boost.
To put things in perspective, when Burrows was the same age as Brule, he was still toiling in the AHL/ECHL.

wasn't burrows a ball hockey champ already?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Well now he got the time to train up. He can be a decent 3rd line scoring support if nothing else.

We should sign him for the Wolves.

Edited by CHIPS, 28 October 2012 - 10:45 AM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#38 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

While watching this guy develope with the Giants he showed so much promise and many including me expected the world. HA ! all we got was a bag of rocks ! IMHO Brule is worse than my Grandma on the ice and does not deserve to play in this or any league. Apart from his descent 65 game run in EDM in 09-10 He has shown NOTHING of what he displayed before the NHL. It is a shame really that such a great junior player just never seemed to find his hokey legs in the big show.

Edited by vanfan73, 28 October 2012 - 01:52 PM.

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society 

-Krishnamurti-            

#39 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,001 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

While watching this guy develope with the Giants he showed so much promise and many including me expected the world. HA ! all we got was a bag of rocks ! IMHO Brule is worse than my Grandma on the ice and does not deserve to play in this or any league. Apart from his descent 65 game run in EDM in 09-10 He has shown NOTHING of what he displayed before the NHL. It is a shame really that such a great junior player just never seemed to find his hokey legs in the big show.

Don't blame Brule for not living up to his potential, blame Columbus's atrocious development system for rushing him into the NHL.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#40 Nuck-Shot

Nuck-Shot

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

So what the guy can't skate anymore?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Don't blame Brule for not living up to his potential, blame Columbus's atrocious development system for rushing him into the NHL.

It's all Columbus's fault.

The Blue Jackets assigned him back to junior after 27 games even though that already burned on year off his entry-level contract.

Posted Image

#42 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

So what the guy can't skate anymore?

He just never played with the same kind of heart, determination, and tenacity he did in junior.

Posted Image

#43 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

He just never played with the same kind of heart, determination, and tenacity he did in junior.

This is true, he went pro and that was it, he just doesn't play hockey as well as he did in Junior.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#44 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,751 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'd still offer him a tryout even in training camp. If he fails to impress, we didn't waste any picks or anything to get him. If he finds his passion for hockey and plays great, then we can use him as a Raymond replacement, or depth guy.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#45 Quinn12

Quinn12

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Someone will pick him up :P
R.I.P. Luc Bourdon.. Forever a Canuck; never forgotten

"'Grow some balls, just do it; and he went down there and done it"
--- Claude Giroux on how he helped his brother-in-law propose to his sister. lol

#46 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Only limited number of import spots available in the Swiss league. Makes it tougher to stick there.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#47 Li'l Fra

Li'l Fra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Well...

He's no Marco Sturm.

#48 brokenlegs

brokenlegs

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

IMHO Brule is worse than my Grandma on the ice and does not deserve to play in this or any league.

Whoa dude. Your opinion, though honest, is straight-up horsesh*t. Brule will skate circles around your grandma, hit her with a clean check and crush her frail, 85-pound body like a paper bag. Brule doesn't deserve to play in this or any league? Brule, like all NHLers, has dedicated an inordinate amount of his life training and practicing to get good at his craft. Have you personally dedicated yourself to any endeavour? I didn't think so. Brule still has respectable stats at the AHL level or below. At 25 years young he'll still find employment assuming he's healthy.

You're a lone, stray hair in the armpit of the CDC, so sit down and shutup son. Or, if you're feeling charitable to the community, throw yourself and your computer into the ocean.

Edited by brokenlegs, 14 December 2012 - 08:51 AM.

#49 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Whoa dude. Your opinion, though honest, is straight-up horsesh*t. Brule will skate circles around your grandma, hit her with a clean check and crush her frail, 85-pound body like a paper bag. Brule doesn't deserve to play in this or any league? Brule, like all NHLers, has dedicated an inordinate amount of his life training and practicing to get good at his craft. Have you personally dedicated yourself to any endeavour? I didn't think so. Brule still has respectable stats at the AHL level or below. At 25 years young he'll still find employment assuming he's healthy.

You're a lone, stray hair in the armpit of the CDC, so sit down and shutup son. Or, if you're feeling charitable to the community, throw yourself and your computer into the ocean.

LMAO Ok there big guy what ever you say. That is why he lit it up in the big show right ? Oh and scores and skates like Bure too. Levels them like Bertuzzi. Pffff ? The guy is weak NHL materail and will likely be jumping back n forth from the minors for the rest of his days. You and flMAES fans alike may be okay with brutal mediocraty but this is a top franchise with yearly aspirations of making it to the finals. Brule IMHO does not have the skating ability that you need to get there. Like you said your opinion as misguided as it seams is pure FRAKKKEN HORESHAT. So sit down have your timmies old timer maybe you you wont be so grumpy.

Yo have some seriouis issues bro maybe some councelling might help ?

Edited by vanfan73, 14 December 2012 - 03:08 PM.

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

-Krishnamurti-            

#50 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

LMAO Ok there big guy what ever you say. That is why he lit it up in the big show right ? Oh and scores and skates like Bure too. Levels them like Bertuzzi. Pffff ? The guy is not NHL materail and will be a perennial minor leaguer for the rest of his days. Like you said your opinion as misguided as it seams is pure FRAKKKEN HORESHAT. So sit down have your timmies old timer maybe you you wont be so grumpy.

This has to be one of those super lame posters who has multiple accounts and has nothing better to do with his time then troll CDC.

Seriously dude grow a pair and take a seat.

2moy3iq.png

#51 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Seriously dude grow a pair and take a seat.

Grow a pair ? Am I shying away from anything ? Get a grip on reality bud. Make a comment on the topic or SHUT THE FRAK UP ! All these internet tough guys talking big behind a keyboard. Seriously what has CDC come too.....

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

-Krishnamurti-            

#52 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,001 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

LMAO Ok there big guy what ever you say. That is why he lit it up in the big show right ? Oh and scores and skates like Bure too. Levels them like Bertuzzi. Pffff ? The guy is weak NHL materail and will likely be jumping back n forth from the minors for the rest of his days. You and flMAES fans alike may be okay with brutal mediocraty but this is a top franchise with yearly aspirations of making it to the finals. Brule IMHO does not have the skating ability that you need to get there. Like you said your opinion as misguided as it seams is pure FRAKKKEN HORESHAT. So sit down have your timmies old timer maybe you you wont be so grumpy.

Yo have some seriouis issues bro maybe some councelling might help ?

Try getting developed by Columbus, then come back to us.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#53 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Try getting developed by Columbus, then come back to us.

Blame the team and not the player, not a line of reasoning I would have expected from you Stamkos. His lack of desire to go into the dirty areas is compounded by his tentative skating style. For all intensive purposes he is a soft player to me. He had plenty of playing time to work on his issues in Columbus but it really did not seem to help is game out in a dramatic way.

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

-Krishnamurti-            

#54 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,001 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Blame the team and not the player, not a line of reasoning I would have expected from you Stamkos. His lack of desire to go into the dirty areas is compounded by his tentative skating style. For all intensive purposes he is a soft player to me. He had plenty of playing time to work on his issues in Columbus but it really did not seem to help is game out in a dramatic way.

You can absolutely blame the team since we all know Columbus has a piss poor developing system. Destroyed Filatov's, Brule's and many other high picks' career's by rushing them into the NHL because they were that bad of a team. I really hope they take their time with Murray.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 14 December 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#55 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

You can absolutely blame the team since we all know Columbus has a piss poor developing system. Destroyed Filatov's, Brule's and many other high picks' career's by rushing them into the NHL because they were that bad of a team. I really hope they take their time with Murray.

I guess we can agree to disagree, but cmon you hold your destiny in your own hands and they failed simple as that with the ice time they were given.

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

-Krishnamurti-            

#56 brokenlegs

brokenlegs

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

IMHO Brule is worse than my Grandma on the ice and does not deserve to play in this or any league.

Am I shying away from anything ? Get a grip on reality bud. Make a comment on the topic or SHUT THE FRAK UP ! All these internet tough guys talking big behind a keyboard. Seriously what has CDC come too.....

Haha.

Slow down and take a couple breaths before you hurt yourself. It's painfully obvious – you're an idiot and an ass. Worse yet, you don't even know it. No, seriously: You're a jackass and everyone around here recognizes the jackass. I'd ask kindly for you to learn some humility, but that'd fly right over your head, like your knowledge of hockey.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry you were dealt the hand you have. I hope that somehow, you can overcome whatever emotional hangup you might be suffering from. Honestly. Human to human. I hope you'll one day replace that sh*tty attitude with something productive and positive. Maybe being nicer would help surround you with cool people rather than the a*holes you're likely around now.

You've been defeated son and the more you keep typin', the worse you keep lookin'. I'm not in the habit of beating a dead horse so goodbye my clumsy, feeble friend.

PS. Brule may be an average player, but he's better than you at everything.

Edited by brokenlegs, 16 December 2012 - 03:46 AM.

#57 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Haha.

Slow down and take a couple breaths before you hurt yourself. It's painfully obvious – you're an idiot and an ass. Worse yet, you don't even know it. No, seriously: You're a jackass and everyone around here recognizes the jackass. I'd ask kindly for you to learn some humility, but that'd fly right over your head, like your knowledge of hockey.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry you were dealt the hand you have. I hope that somehow, you can overcome whatever emotional hangup you might be suffering from. Honestly. Human to human. I hope you'll one day replace that sh*tty attitude with something productive and positive. Maybe being nicer would help surround you with cool people rather than the a*holes you're likely around now.

You've been defeated son and the more you keep typin', the worse you keep lookin'. I'm not in the habit of beating a dead horse so goodbye my clumsy, feeble friend.

PS. Brule may be an average player, but he's better than you at everything.

Good luck in life with the way you assume everything . You must feel oh so much better for this post. Pathetic really that you would get so much joy for spewing so much ignorance. If anyone needs a lesson in humility just look in the mirror. Your total lack of personal awareness reeks. I am sure you have many excellent attributes but the way you carry yourself here it is painfully obvious you have little to no common sense . Your pathetic attempt to goad me into your juvenile mentality failed miserably. The saddest thing really is that you think you are victorious in something ? If you need validation on an online forum I pity you really. Obviously we have differing opinions but you only wish to attack and insult . Keep trying bud maybe one day someone will understand you . Maybe . Trol-olo-olo-llll allong , it is what you do best.

Edited by vanfan73, 16 December 2012 - 03:59 PM.

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

-Krishnamurti-            

#58 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

OK, enough with the personal attacks....there's a way to disagree without them.

Official warnings to be doled out for any further insults....

Posted Image

#59 Nuck-Shot

Nuck-Shot

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

My best guess is if he finds the desire he will be a sting 2way utility guy, but only if he changes his image around the league
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

I wouldn't mind having Brule on the Wolves, or a third to fourth line player.
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.