Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

To hell with energy drinks anyway ...

Posted Image

Sometimes, the new thing just doesn't beat the classic.

#32 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

It's bad for you, they tell you right on the bloody can.
People need to realize that they are responsible for what they put in their bodies.
Posted Image

#33 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

i'm going to be surprised if her parents get anything out of this lawsuit, actually it's in the states so scratch that i'm sure they will.

#34 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

Sad for the family, indeed. I don't think they have have a leg to stand on with their lawsuit, though.
What I do hope comes from this is that people realize what it is they are putting into their bodies. That amount of caffeine is dangerous for any of us, let alone those with preexisting medical conditions. 1 can of the Monster = 7 cans of Coke? That's a whole lot of caffeine! For a skinny teenager, that's got to be even harder on the system.
Posted Image

#35 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

To hell with energy drinks anyway ...

Posted Image

Sometimes, the new thing just doesn't beat the classic.

Not saying I drink energy drinks but coffee actually makes me nauseous. Granted I had a lack of sleep that day (~2 hours) which was why I thought I needed some caffeine in my system - so I drank two cups. But actually, I felt like I wanted to throw up in the afternoon. It got worse at night when approximately 6 hours had passed by. I was in bed and I really felt like puking. This was about a week ago.

Back a year ago or so, I also drank a double shot of espresso back in school, trying to pull an all-nighter for an exam and I was walking all over the library that night. I couldn't sit still for the life of me and I wasn't awake enough to actually do any real studying. I ended up calling sick for that exam because I was not in the right state of mind to write that exam. I had to lie in the medical room to crash it out.

Edited by Dazzle, 24 October 2012 - 08:08 AM.

Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#36 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,507 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

I don't drink coffee nor tea and lucky if I have a can of pop in 1 week.

I do how ever, enjoy having a Rockstar or Monster for my morning "coffee" break.

I am in good health and I talked to a nutritionist about these things.
She told me based on what I also drink (more what I don't drink - coffee) that one a day is fine but don't drink less than 8 hours before sleep and to monitor yourself (IE do they make you dizzy, or sweat, etc...anything abnormal - then stop or reduce the amount).

As far as teens drinking it - again - don't drink more than one!
As far as kids - they shouldn't - I've seen kids like 10 drink those double size cans!

RIP Anais...RIP...

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#37 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

I cant believe people are still drinking that stuff.

Is it somehow an aquired taste? Tastes like battery acid to me.

And really just a horrible idea overall, kids are the last people who should be drinking it and yet they are the target audience/customer/consumer (whatever term)

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 24 October 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#38 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,507 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

I cant believe people are still drinking that stuff.

Is it somehow an aquired taste? Tastes like battery acid to me.

And really just a horrible idea overall, kids are the last people who should be drinking it and yet they are the target audience/customer/consumer (whatever term)

I've never tasted battery acid so I count tell you if it's the same or not.

I am pretty sure that drinking battery acid would be more harmful than an energy drink.

As far as "target" audience - I don't know...I mean, models in bathing suits seems to be targeted at young men - not kids....

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#39 Five For Fighting

Five For Fighting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

I occasionally drink the Rockstar Mocha drink when I am driving across the country. Normally I stick to a nice dark roast.
Posted Image

#40 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,122 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

I used to love energy drinks back when I was in high school but now I don't consume them at all due to the fact that I crash way too quickly. Tried drinking them when I would pull all nighters in freshman year at university but it didn't work at all.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect, 24 October 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#41 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

I like to have one every now and then. pre fer Red Bull but Monster Is ok. A couple red Bull and vodka shots are alright.

#42 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

I love the Monster Slurpees from 7-Eleven.

#43 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,106 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Red Bull is the only one i can tolerate; and eveb then I have maybe 1 or 2 a year.

I only drink them when I am EXHAUSTED and need a boost for a few hours-- i.e. after a night of beers, followed by the first chair at Whistler. But even then I feel like garbage.

Try a gatorade instead. You want to rehydrate not further dehydrate. Hurtling down the mountain will wake you up fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.