The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dale Weise for MVP - The Beast is Unleashed

UFCanuck

Dale Weise has 8 points in 2 games nbd.

The Dutch league let a monster into their league. A monster that cannot be contained.

Dale for MVP!

Vancouver Canucks forward Dale Weise, who remains the only Canuck that has signed overseas so far, made his debut this past Friday and Sunday for the Destil (Tilburg) Trappers ofEredivisie, the highest level of hockey in the Netherlands.

Weise managed to score 34 seconds into the game and his Dutch hockey career to open the scoring in the game. He would add another assist later in the game to finish with two points en route to a 4-1 win over HYC Herentals on Friday.

“A dream debut,” Weise said after the game. “Getting that first goal took some pressure off me. ”

On Sunday, the Trappers hammered their opposition, Eindhoven Kemphanen, by a score of 10-3. Weise put up a goal and five helpers.

The Trappers and Weise play their next game on Friday against the Ruijters Geleen Eaters.

You have to consider the level of the competition here. The closest on the team is Josh Prudden who spent a little time in the AHL and there's a couple of guys that played in the BCHL. Most of the rest of the team are all guys that grew up in Tilburg (I've actually been there, but never knew they had a hockey team). He must feel like a superstar there!

weise1.jpg

There's some good pics on this guy's flickr page too - http://www.flickr.com/photos/9pm/

You have to consider the level of the competition here.  The closest on the team is Josh Prudden who spent a little time in the AHL and there's a couple of guys that played in the BCHL.  Most of the rest of the team are all guys that grew up in Tilburg (I've actually been there, but never knew they had a hockey team).  He must feel like a superstar there!

weise1.jpg

There's some good pics on this guy's flickr page too - http://www.flickr.com/photos/9pm/

Archived