The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teen brothers charged for luring then murdering 12 year old girl

Jester@wraiths.ca

So what is your comment? All loving and full of caring?

You can't see the forest through the trees...again you fail to see what I said - instead you see me post so your first reaction is not to understand but to attack ALA the SS.

I was insinuating, that thanks to no punishment and no Lords prayer, violent crime still exists for today's youth - in other words, it was not the SOURCE of the problem in the first place.

Here's just one link says it that is on the decline - but - look what it says "The murder rate for juveniles in 1999 was the lowest since 1966"

http://education.sta...E-VIOLENCE.html

Oooo - all those years of no Lords prayer and no Corporal punishment and it took that long to equal the "Glory Days"????

No too sure how old that article is...

Point is - violent crime by you still exists today.

One thing the statistics on killings by juveniles doesn't factor was the prevalence of gang activity at the time the spike in killings happened. A much larger percentage during those years also involved an adult along with the juvenile.

It's the flat out psychopathic nature of kids killing kids without any real motive that has seemed to rise. It was horrible when someone would get killed for their shoes or other possession but it's even more abhorrent when the a kid kills another just because they wanted to kill someone...

You know. If I, at any point in my life have the ability to prevent two kids from having a messed up life, and a 12 year old from being strangled to death, Id act on it.

You wouldn't need to pray to me. Wouldn't even need to ask. Don't even thank me. It's because that's the reasonable thing to do.

Either god is one sick twisted guy, or he doesn't exist.

Don't give me this "he works in mysterious ways"

Do narcissists work in mysterious ways? Or just him.

And there certainly wasn't some greater plan involved where now a family is suffering, and a child is dead, and two teens lives are ruined.

Who does this help?

Seriously. I don't want to hear "we need to pray more". It's bs. A fairy tale. He doesn't cure some people's cancers and let others die.

Modern science cures cancer, And education prevents these things from happening.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he was watching football or something and missed this one. Lazy bastard.

Why the victim mentality? I never attacked you :lol: I questioned acting counter to all logic and data as per you're comments and pointed out that your "feeling" that this is occurring more often now than in the past is not supported by facts.

It's not thanks to no Lords Prayer or corporal punishment. Violent crime still exists today because of the dark side of human nature. It has absolutely zero to do with kids being beaten or prayed for. And for the record, nowhere did I say prayer or corporal punishment was the source of violent crime. However, if anything corporal punishment TEACHES kids how to be violent.

Violent crime by ME still exists today? What the @#$% does that even mean? :lol:

Not that I think this current case is any less heinous, but as a father, the Bulger case had an extremely deep effect on me. I think it's because he was only 2 years old.

Anyone who has raised a toddler will understand that in the eyes of the child, the parents are basically omnipotent.

I remember one of my daughters at about two years of age. She absolutely loved helicopters. Once, when we watched one disappear over the horizon, she looked at me in complete seriousness and said, "Bring it back, Daddy". In her mind, this was perfectly plausible because daddy can do anything.

When I think of poor little James Bulger, I imagine what the last moments of his life were like. He must have been wondering "Where are Mommy and Daddy? Why haven't they come to take me away from these bad people who are hurting me?"

He must have felt so betrayed and abandoned. It's absolutely heartbreaking to imagine...

It still, to this day, hurts to think about the last moments of that boys life. I remember when I first heard about that, I honestly felt sick to my stomach. I can't, for the life of me, understand how people get pleasure out of torturing another being(human or not). That is just so far beyond me.

My thoughts are with the little girls family. Can't imagine what they are going through. :sadno:

Yeah... corporal punishment teaches kids to be violent...right...something that hasn't existed for what...40 years? is teaching these kids to be violent.

Brilliant...

As far as attacking - yes you did - if you simply said, well..the facts are that violent crime among kids is lower today then in 1966 and here's the source for that - then that would be non threatening/attacking.

Facepalming someone because of their "feeling" is illogical - maybe to make fun of them - then yes - but what's another word for making fun of someone?

If you're going to be all FACTS are FACTS kind of guy when replying to posts then you better back it up with more then a :picard:

Two murderous teens do not represent the majority of generation. The whole "kids these days..."-mentality has always been a bit hyperbolic. Murderous children are not a new phenomenon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_bell

http://en.wikipedia....Smith_(murderer)

http://en.wikipedia..../George_Stinney

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Graham_Young

http://en.wikipedia....i/Jesse_Pomeroy

:picard: Corporal punishment (and physical abuse) does still exist... Just because something is no longer publicly condoned or promoted (for good reason), does not mean it doesn't exist. It amazes me I need explain this.

As I and many others have told you many times. If you feel someone is attacking you rather than your ideas, you know where the report button is. It's a much better solution than littering the board. Though I doubt you'll get any satisfaction there as no-one's attacking you. If you don't want your ignorant ideas with no basis in reality to be confronted, I suggest you re-examine them and/or your desire to share them on a public forum.

Those facts have already been posted numerous times in numerous threads by numerous other users. If you couldn't bother to read, comprehend or otherwise absorb that data then, why would I waste my time re-posting it now?

Archived