The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Human head found in box in Edmonton Alley

Jester@wraiths.ca

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/24/human-head-found-in-cardboard-box-in-edmonton-alley

A woman walking her dog found a severed human head in a cardboard box...

A headless corpse had been found a couple days before over 100km away, and it probably linked (Edmonton police put 1 + 1 together...)

The part that seemed well beyond stating the obvious though,

The Edmonton medical examiner performed an autopsy Monday and ruled the death a homicide.

I rarely, if ever, to offense to any joke. But this just seems wrong that majority of the responses so far have been attempts at making light of someone being murdered.

Again, this is not something that offends me, it just seems like CDC has hit a new low.

jokes about a person's death are in pretty poor taste (time changes things of course, but when a death is recent, it's very low brow).

But it's a very good illustration of the state of our society.

Didn't happen to me so I don't care, lets make fun of it.

Sadly most people won't see the problem with that sort of mentality until they have some tragedy happen to someone they love, and then they see how callous and uncaring people are...

I have to admit, this was pretty good.Again though, I wasn't taking offense at all. As Jester just said, it does say something about the current state of society if our immediate reaction is, "Nobody I know, let's make fun of it."Not saying we should all just grow teary eyed over every story out there. Co-opting sadness for every tragedy that has nothing to do with us can become incredibly tiresome. But taking the opposite stance and joking about death just doesn't sit well (or standpoor).

Archived