Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Human head found in box in Edmonton Alley

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#31 butters

butters

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Saying that because there is a number of death threads makes it socially acceptable to mock the events is every bit as ignorant as the mocking is. I guess I shouldn't expect better than that from this society though, thanks for reminding me of that.

You know what? Poor taste or not, people are reacting to an article you posted. You chose it because of its extreme nature. You then did your best to promote it to other people. You yourself are forgetting that the victim is someone's family, and on top of the grief they are going through, they now have to deal with the fact that it is an international news story. This is something that you directly contributed to. How do you think the victim's family would react to YOU if they knew you had posted the story on a message board in a city a few hundred miles away? Do you think they would like the fact that you are using their tragedy to promote your doomsaying worldview? Do you think they would have any more respect for you than the people who made the jokes?

And for that what good are you doing? Is their something novel about graphic violence? Is there really a purpose to spreading it? Do you think people don't know we live in a violent world where bad things happen? Just because the concept is new to you, it doesn't mean that many or even most people didn't know it already. But because it IS new to you, and because you are struggling with it, you feel that everybody now has to be made to think like you. And you accomplish this by posting examples of human violence. And then you claim moral superiority.

#32 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

^^^ That about sums it up right there.

#33 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,606 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

^^^ That about sums it up right there.

Indeed. [/endthread]
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

After all these poor jokes about death, we must apologise and urn this poster's respect back.. the internet is serious business.

I like Jester, he's a good guy. But if you want to EARN his respect, I'd start by posting pics of Mattias Weinhandel.

Jybl4aB.png

#35 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,143 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

If the head belonged to Mattias Weinhandl, there probably wouldn't be any jokes in this thread.

9jRgxTJ.gif

#36 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,246 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

I like Jester, he's a good guy. But if you want to EARN his respect, I'd start by posting pics of Mattias Weinhandel.

How about of an urn for those who didn't get it? ;)

Posted Image

jDWeuKR.png

#37 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

How about of an urn for those who didn't get it? ;)

Posted Image

You know, I actually was thinking you probably meant it this way, but you can never be too careful on CDC.

Jybl4aB.png

#38 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

It's kind of unusual that the killer took the head over 100km away to just leave it in an alley. I could understand taking it a long way from the body to hide it well or something, but to just leave it in an alley in a cardboard box? Big risk transporting it.

Perhaps he was planning on hiding it, but got into a situation where he feared being discovered, panicked, and just got rid of it ASAP.

PBF200-Les_Douleurs_de_la_Morte.jpg

#39 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,490 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

I rarely, if ever, to offense to any joke. But this just seems wrong that majority of the responses so far have been attempts at making light of someone being murdered.

Again, this is not something that offends me, it just seems like CDC has hit a new low.

Welcome to the internet, modern society's international game of limbo.

Posted Image

"How low...can you go?"

PBF200-Les_Douleurs_de_la_Morte.jpg

#40 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Welcome to the internet, modern society's international game of limbo.

Posted Image

"How low...can you go?"

Your flaming limbo bar was a nice touch ;)

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#41 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

No need to act like ghouls CDC

#42 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Damn. There's a psychopath loppin' peoples heads off out there. Thanks for the heads up, Jester.

:bigblush:

I wonder if you'd still be joking if the head in the box was placed in front of your house. You'd probably crap your pants.

Posted Image

#43 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'm going to get flak for this, but I am being brutally honest, so I'll understand.

Clearly, this was a heinous crime, as all murders are. This man probably did not deserve to die. I pray for him and his family.

On the other hand, this man is someone I did not know. To sit here and type out grievances just does not seem right. If I didn't know him, I should leave it at a RIP, and a prayer.

As for the "making light" of someone being murdered, they're jokes. Nothing more, nothing less. There have been jokes on a far more distasteful scale, whatever anyone has said thus far is peanuts in comparison.

We can't dwell on sadness, or else humanity is in big trouble. :)

I don't know why you would even joke about a murder. There is a time or a place for these jokes. Its similar to someone making jokes about the genocides that occurred in WWII. Just because we don't know the people, doesn't make it right to make jokes about them being murdered. No one is saying to give prayers but making jokes about these things is pretty stupid.

Posted Image

#44 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

jokes about a person's death are in pretty poor taste (time changes things of course, but when a death is recent, it's very low brow).
But it's a very good illustration of the state of our society.

Didn't happen to me so I don't care, lets make fun of it.

Sadly most people won't see the problem with that sort of mentality until they have some tragedy happen to someone they love, and then they see how callous and uncaring people are...

Well, I guess its all fun and games until it hits close to home. Although I don't see CDC reflecting society since most are preteens here. The more mature population of society don't make dumb jokes in these circumstances since they know better.

Posted Image

#45 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

lol this thread really should not be as funny as it is.

#46 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

Damnit I knew I should have hid the head in a better place!!!

Do you know that this could be used against you in the court of law. It just takes one person to report this post to the police, joke or not.

Posted Image

#47 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

lol this thread really should not be as funny as it is.

The jokes aren't even that good. They are all pretty lame.

Posted Image

#48 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,003 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

I wonder if you'd still be joking if the head in the box was placed in front of your house. You'd probably crap your pants.

But it wasn't!

Nananana!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

If it showed up on my doorstep, heads would roll!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.