The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teen arrested for Murder & Dismemberment of 10 year old girl

Jester@wraiths.ca

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/24/jessica-ridgeway-case-teen-arrested-in-murder-of-colorado-girl

The Jessica Ridgeway case, where a 10 year old girl was abducted on her way to school Oct 5th, and was later found dismembered. A 17 year old male has been charged, and he is also suspected in the attempted abduction of a 22 year old female jogger in May.

Westminster police Investigator Trevor Materasso said, adding that Ridgeway's murder was "definitively" tied to the jogger's attempted abduction.

These are just the news items that are front and center in the last day or so. I suppose it would be easier to pretend they didn't happen though eh? maybe if people paid attention to the fact that these things are happening, far too often, they'd get a better sense of the path our society is going down...

As has already been pointed out to you, society has already been on that path for a long time and if anything the path is actually becoming "better" (though more widely reported on for every bad part of it).

I never said that one should pretend there is no bad in the world. Simply...If you go looking for the bad in the world... guess what you'll find?

I think we need one amalgamated thread for all this terrible crap .. it goes on all around us, and has since Caligula .. some people dwell on it, and others cringe in the face of such cruelty .. I am a firm believer that justice should lie in the hands of the victim's family .. let the perpetrator face justice in the "face" of a grieving relative .. most would not survive to re-offend, which is fine by me ..

I think we need one amalgamated thread for all this terrible crap .. it goes on all around us, and has since Caligula .. some people dwell on it, and others cringe in the face of such cruelty .. I am a firm believer that justice should lie in the hands of the victim's family .. let the perpetrator face justice in the "face" of a grieving relative .. most would not survive to re-offend, which is fine by me .

That system works great if you are the only one left in the family but your parents and you want to off them to get your inheritance faster!

Data doesn't support your feelings. If you avert your eyes from facts, you'll never know the truth. Again, if you go looking for the bad in the world, you will find it.

You're also making false assumptions that I am "averting" my attention from the bad in the world. I am not. Nor am I saying that because things are better that we should stop trying to improve. I again, am not

What's worse is these feelings are unfortunately not uncommon. So many people are worried about their kids be abducted that they never let them out of their site - making the fat and robbing them of any sort of independence in childhood.

You can thank the 24hr news networks for bringing you every single bad event from everywhere since they need to fill all that time. Think any of this would have made it into your half hour nightly news 15 years ago? It was happening all the same. Statistically even more often than now but we just never heard about it. Ignorance was bliss.

Aww you guys are right, everything is sunshine and lollipops these days. heck, the media probably just makes up these killings and attacks to sell papers.

think anything you want, I know nothing said here will change people's minds. the number of people who instantly jump to make jokes about people's deaths speaks far louder than anything else that gets said here.

Archived